Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 19th September 2012, 09:03   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,139 Posts
Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute
Amazon ebook problem!

Tried to order an ebook for my Kindle this morning and got a message pop-up "not available in Europe". Have emailed Amazon to see what's going on, pointing out that I have ordered numerous ebooks over the last 2 years, but wonder if anyone else is having this problem??

I use an email address set up in the UK, and had my Kindle delivered and registered in the UK, and never had a problem until now.

Last edited by Yildez Datca; 19th September 2012 at 09:04.. Reason: typo
Yildez Datca is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 19th September 2012, 09:44   #2 (permalink)

Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Amazon ebook problem!

Apologies Mods for the back to back post!! Have now sorted this out and normal service has been resumed!!! You may like to know what happened??

4 months ago I bought an Android tablet (from Amazon but delivered to friends in the UK). A techie friend here tried to download the Kindle App but got the message "not available in your country"; recently another friend took my Android on a quick trip back to the UK, and downloaded the App there. However we didn't realise she had to log into my account to register the Android in the UK. When it came home I went into the App, was told to register and did so, using my UK email addy, only to have the same message appear! Doh!!!!

I haven't bought any ebooks from Amazon for a while - get most of my books from other sources - so couldn't understand what on earth was going on this morning. Had a think about it, had a look at my account and realised that Amazon was dealing with the order as though it was from the Android, not my laptop. Had to de-register the Android account and now all is back to normal.

And the irony in all this? I cannot, for the life of me, get on with the b****y Android - it completely defeats me! - so have decided to sell it and buy an Ipad2 instead! Anyone want to buy an Archos Fusions 10"?? 4 months old, hardly used, with case and plug-in keyboard???????????

So, has anyone got a Kindle and an Ipad with a Kindle App, and how do you manage both with Amazon orders????????
Yildez Datca is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2012, 09:53   #3 (permalink)

sapphire1 has disabled reputation

Hi, You can set up each kindle with a name. So when you download books it asks you which name you would like them sent to. You can set up each one with a different name or have your iPad and kindle in same name.

Linda
sapphire1 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2012, 10:27   #4 (permalink)
tjd

Thanked 1,443 Times in 820 Posts
tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yildez View Post
Apologies Mods for the back to back post!! Have now sorted this out and normal service has been resumed!!! You may like to know what happened??

4 months ago I bought an Android tablet (from Amazon but delivered to friends in the UK). A techie friend here tried to download the Kindle App but got the message "not available in your country"; recently another friend took my Android on a quick trip back to the UK, and downloaded the App there. However we didn't realise she had to log into my account to register the Android in the UK. When it came home I went into the App, was told to register and did so, using my UK email addy, only to have the same message appear! Doh!!!!

I haven't bought any ebooks from Amazon for a while - get most of my books from other sources - so couldn't understand what on earth was going on this morning. Had a think about it, had a look at my account and realised that Amazon was dealing with the order as though it was from the Android, not my laptop. Had to de-register the Android account and now all is back to normal.

And the irony in all this? I cannot, for the life of me, get on with the b****y Android - it completely defeats me! - so have decided to sell it and buy an Ipad2 instead! Anyone want to buy an Archos Fusions 10"?? 4 months old, hardly used, with case and plug-in keyboard???????????

So, has anyone got a Kindle and an Ipad with a Kindle App, and how do you manage both with Amazon orders????????
My wife has a Kindle and an Ipad with Kindle app. As far as I know she hasn't had any problems with either, keeping them in sync. I'm sure I would have heard if she had, she can be quite vociferous when technology fails.
Old 19th September 2012, 12:38   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 3,928 Times in 1,531 Posts
scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone had their kindle delivered here in Turkey

My kids have finally won the battle to get me to try it - but want to have it sent directly here.

regards
Old 19th September 2012, 13:17   #6 (permalink)

Even if you could get it delivered here Steve, you would then have problems ordering books!

In order to buy ebooks from Amazon UK you need to have the Kindle delivered to a UK address, and register it with an email address set up in the UK, otherwise you'll get the message I got this morning back in the first post!!!! I had mine delivered to a friend who did the necessary and brought it out to me; sending it by post is dodgy as it may get impounded as electronic goods.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yildez Datca For This Useful Post:
scotssteve (20th September 2012)
Old 19th September 2012, 14:24   #7 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 1,686 Times in 624 Posts
louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future

I bought my kindle in Tesco's, so I don't see why it would matter where you get it delivered to, unless Turkey have a problem with this. When I registered I had to change my country of residence to the UK to be able to order books.
louise17 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to louise17 For This Useful Post:
scotssteve (20th September 2012)
Old 19th September 2012, 16:00   #8 (permalink)

partypixie is just really nice partypixie is just really nice partypixie is just really nice partypixie is just really nice partypixie is just really nice

My mother has problems in Switzerland. I have kindle on my iPad and laptop with a uk email address no problems.
partypixie is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2012, 22:40   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by louise17 View Post
I bought my kindle in Tesco's, so I don't see why it would matter where you get it delivered to, unless Turkey have a problem with this. When I registered I had to change my country of residence to the UK to be able to order books.
Yes but you bought it in the UK, so no problem! Amazon know these things -don't ask me how!! but they definately do!!!
Old 20th September 2012, 06:58   #10 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 1,686 Times in 624 Posts
louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yildez View Post
Yes but you bought it in the UK, so no problem! Amazon know these things -don't ask me how!! but they definately do!!!
Amazon are way too clever......
louise17 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to louise17 For This Useful Post:
Yildez Datca (20th September 2012)

Tags
amazon , ebook , problem