Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
  1.00 (GBP)=
  1.00 (EUR)=
  $1.00 (USD)=
  rates from coinmill.com
Old 19th December 2012, 20:28   #11 (permalink)

Thanked 1,182 Times in 425 Posts
pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future
Re: Facebook, be aware

Okay, I'm getting the rough idea, but I still don't understand why anyone (let alone millions of people) would want to join this 'club'.
Surely I can't be the only person who just does not understand the attraction.
Umm, not sure if I should admit to giving my friends a call on a landline and inviting them down to the pub if I fancy a chinwag and maybe meeting other likeminded people there.
I do have a mobile phone, the Dearly Beloved bought me one yesterday to use when I go into hospital on Christmas Eve (back operation) and now all I need to do is learn how to use it.
pldouglas is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2012, 07:05   #12 (permalink)
"Light Years Away"

Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,285 Posts
newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbuk Rob View Post
Copied from the article Juco brought to our attention:

Facebook's photo-sharing site Instagram has updated its privacy policy giving it the right to sell users' photos to advertisers without notification.

Unless users delete their Instagram accounts by a deadline of 16 January, they cannot opt out.

The changes also mean Instagram can share information about its users with Facebook, its parent company, as well as other affiliates and advertisers.

I don't use facebook, never have, but I wonder how many users know (or knew) the photos and videos etc you uploaded belong to Instagram and not Facebook. Well that's how it looks to me. I assume it was in the small print of the T&C's when signing up.

So now all this stuff people have put on facebook is for sale.

I know this sounds a bit like "I told you so" but just wait for all that spam. But then again Mark Zuckerberg probably needs a few more Bucks!
Good reminder Rob.
I've always been aware of Facebook!

They have shareholders to satisfy now since the IPO this May..and boy did the value of those over-priced shares plummet!

As if daily dose of people's newsfeeds isn't enough....they now tell you what your friends 'Like' incase you may like e.g Sainsburys too? target display ads next to your homepage geared to your age/location based on sign up or GPS data. Facebooks market now is Asia, the average User there having 600+ friends (e.g. FB stylee) which kind of corresponds to the numbers that are invited to weddings there, so that figure is not unrealistic ..this means the potential $$$$ can be earnt in that sector from sponsors and advertisers.

Any photo you ever put of yourself, kids, family, holiday etc belongs to Facebook or Instagram that Facebook acquired earlier on.

Anyone can lift any of your photos thru your friend of friends network.

Now with a timeline of people's life history left on the www. years later anyone can retrieve this information and it could come to play years later down the line depending on what career youngsters chose, e.g. Politics, Prime minister, jobs of sensitive nature etc it would play heavily on people's lives both when alive and even after death due to the electronic trail they leave behind....
Old 20th December 2012, 10:41   #13 (permalink)
ExG

ExG will become famous soon enough

!984 is coming a bit later than predicted but it's coming.

The world is now ruled by google, facebook, twitter and others.
Old 20th December 2012, 10:47   #14 (permalink)

Thanked 1,182 Times in 425 Posts
pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExG View Post
!984 is coming a bit later than predicted but it's coming.

The world is now ruled by google, facebook, twitter and others.
Only if you choose to participate surely - we don't and (as yet) have no intention of doing so.
Anyway, I dare say some other fad will come along at some point to replace Facebook but my mind cannot take on what that might be - holograms of total strangers sitting on the edge of your bath having a chat I expect!
Now, back to this first ever mobile phone of mine - wheres my specs.....
pldouglas is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2012, 11:08   #15 (permalink)

ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold

Well how about this then?

FACEBOOK WILL END ON JANUARY 15th, 2013! | Weekly World News

It must be true - Weekly World News is a very reliable source of information! (In fact it's 'the world's only reliable news')

Last edited by ChristineP; 20th December 2012 at 11:12..
ChristineP is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2012, 14:49   #16 (permalink)

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,372 Times in 3,232 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

False, snopes says so
Didn't think that pillock zukerberg would kill the cash cow

snopes.com: Facebook Will End on March 15th

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2012, 09:25   #17 (permalink)

ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

They just never give up, trying to make everyone go completeley public do they , just got a message while I was chatting to a mate , saying they were making it so you will get messages from everybody, not just friends , go into fizzbook and go to messages then view one fullscreen then go to options and alter back to friends (well, MOSTLY friends )

I despair with this moron and his cronies, they really think the public are brain dead

Old 21st December 2012, 09:38   #18 (permalink)
Available in sarcastic to

Thanked 4,121 Times in 1,633 Posts
tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhorizon View Post
Now with a timeline of people's life history left on the www. years later anyone can retrieve this information and it could come to play years later down the line depending on what career youngsters chose, e.g. Politics, Prime minister, jobs of sensitive nature etc it would play heavily on people's lives both when alive and even after death due to the electronic trail they leave behind....

Pete
HelenSnowball (21st December 2012)
Old 21st December 2012, 09:48   #19 (permalink)
In Memory

Thanked 6,269 Times in 3,127 Posts
kemerkid has disabled reputation

I joined fb wben I came to Turkey to keep up with my kids doings but they stopped using it a long time ago. I keep getting emails to say someone 'liked' my recent post despite me not having made any! How do I wipe the slate clean and unsubscribe?
kemerkid is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2012, 10:26   #20 (permalink)

Try this Pete
https://www.facebook.com/help/224562897555674

They then ask you to fill in this form

https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account

The Following User Says Thank You to ted j For This Useful Post:
kemerkid (21st December 2012)

Tags
aware , facebook