Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 2nd June 2015, 09:55   #1 (permalink)
MiddleEarth

Thanked 1,814 Times in 874 Posts
MiddleEarth has disabled reputation
Question Alldaywifi

I must have been living in a cave for the last year or more as I never heard of this company until this morning doing some random searches for my daughter who is coming to visit next month.

I called them and the woman I spoke with, in English, was very helpful. She said it works EXACTLY like a wireless wi-fi hotspot with any device including laptop, phone, tablet and up to 10 devices can connect at one time.

Has anyone on TLF had an experience with them?

Alldaywifi:
"...enjoy unlimited mobile data in Turkey"

TripAdvisor Reviews of Alldaywifi:

Facebook:
The photo on FB looks identical to the Turkcell VINN.

Twitter:

An Interview with the founders called Shelter, Water, Food, Alldaywifi
"How are you able to offer this service at an affordable price?""
"By adopting a service for locals and making it available to travelers coming to Turkey, Alldaywifi can make big yearly deals with local providers and offer the best prices to travelers for shorter terms. We also improved our Alldaywifi Kit content according to our needs. When we say "Allday", we really mean it. We’ve even taken on the challenge of your smartphone battery and we are there with our solution, a high quality, pocket-sized portable battery is included with each kit."

Other comments:
pocket wifi rental in Turkey,anyone use this company before?
"I went to Turkey last December and did pre-order a rental wifi with Alldaywifi. For 10 days, I paid EUR35. The service was great, I had good connection everywhere I went (we traveled around Istanbul and Cappadocia). Had I wanted to continue using it, the option was also available and all i need to do would be to email or phone the company. All my emails prior to arriving was attended to satisfactorily."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MiddleEarth For This Useful Post:
howardian (2nd June 2015), Mushtaq (2nd June 2015), pepperkat (2nd June 2015)
Old 2nd June 2015, 11:18   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,935 Posts
evo80 has disabled reputation
Re: Alldaywifi

Seems expensive to me . I put on 10 gig on my wi fi Vinn for £18 and that lasted me a month even with watching some TV on film on . Plus I even had a signal to call free back to UK on Viber in the middle of EPHESUS . and most anywhere else I went in Turkey.
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evo80 For This Useful Post:
Akasya (2nd June 2015)
Old 3rd June 2015, 06:24   #3 (permalink)
MiddleEarth

Talking Re: Alldaywifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo80 View Post
Seems expensive to me . I put on 10 gig on my wi fi Vinn for £18 and that lasted me a month even with watching some TV on film on . Plus I even had a signal to call free back to UK on Viber in the middle of EPHESUS . and most anywhere else I went in Turkey.
Thanks for your comment.
From what carrier did you get your VINN and 10GB SIM? What did your VINN cost you?
Alldaywifi replied to an inquiry, "Our monthly rate is USD 150.00 plus delivery fee for deliveries outside Istanbul (one-way: USD 10.00), this makes total of USD 170.00."

It is true one can purchase a Turkcell (Vodafone or Avea also) VINN, which are only good in Turkey however. One can also buy from Amazon VINN's which are allegedly "universal" everywhere: except in Turkey because of the "tax" for registration just like a for a foreign mobile phone.

It is true that if one travels back and forth regularly from a home country to Turkey a Turkish VINN may be a better solution. Turkcell charges roughly 400 TL (USD 150.00) for their VINN with a 10GB SIM. Each 10GB after that costs 79.00 TL. The Alldaywifi by contrast is limitless.

It seems there are some advantages of using Alldaywifi to a casual traveller/tourist to Turkey. The staff speak English, you can order and pay online, they deliver on or before the day of your arrival and pick up after you leave (free in Stamboul) and it is hassle free with local support. No one in the Kaş Turkcell or Vodafone shop speaks English or any other foreign language that we can determine, we found a shop in Fethiye last year which was the same. The hapless tourist who wanders into those shops are at a cultural and language disadvantage and cannot inquire as to capabilities of the device nor will they get local support.
Old 3rd June 2015, 07:10   #4 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 29,781 Times in 13,592 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

This is the deal i am looking at ME

3G Modemler | 3G Wifi Modem | V?nn Fiyatlar? | Cihazlar | Turkcel - TURKCELL

I have the 99tl Vinn , am looking at the 125tl Modem , no laptop necessary, mor convenient for me.

What do you think ?

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2015, 09:25   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,935 Posts
evo80 has disabled reputation

The Vinn is is about £38 and the top up ( 10 gig ) is about 79 lire ) £20 . Never had a prob buying it or topping it up ,even in a shop with no English.
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2015, 18:56   #6 (permalink)
Mag

Mag is a splendid one to behold Mag is a splendid one to behold Mag is a splendid one to behold Mag is a splendid one to behold Mag is a splendid one to behold Mag is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The Vinn is is about £38 and the top up ( 10 gig ) is about 79 lire ) £20 . Never had a prob buying it or topping it up ,even in a shop with no English.
Just bought this VINN today and find it great, very fast and three of us have internet access via phones, laptop, tablet. Would recommend it for short stays
Mag is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2015, 20:33   #7 (permalink)
Just passing through

Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,481 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation

This seems the ideal setup for anyone who either does not want to get involved with buying separately their own Dongle / Vinn device then also having to monitor and probably re-topup with credit etc.

However, (yes is was coming) advertised at $5 per day on a weekly basis, 7 days = £23 +/- per week, plus a delivery charge of $10 (£6.53) if sent outside of Istanbul, might seem expensive for some people, but especially where some kids are concerned 'what price for peace and quite' is expensive?

But certainly something not to be dismissed.
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
Mag (4th June 2015)
Old 3rd June 2015, 21:30   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 2,014 Times in 650 Posts
martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute martin m has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Just some info that maybe relevant to anyone using, mifi, or vinn.
I took out a contract with three for a wifi gadget, it's the same as all the others it omits a wifi signal that with a password you log into it. Three had stopped unlimited data that I had been using for years and I needed to be able to use my iPad in my lorry at night namely to watch Netfliks, it came with 15 GB for a month and after one 45 minute episode of this programme I watched it had used over 1.5GBs of my allowance, I was horrified, however I discovered that you can turn down the quality ( for a better word) enabling you to save data
I now have mine turned to 300mb and it now only uses 200mb to watch the same 45 minutes of Netfliks, and my eyes cannot tell any difference to the quality.
Hope it helps someone.
Martin
martin m is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 06:33   #9 (permalink)
MiddleEarth

Cool Re: Alldaywifi

Quote:
As I wrote in my previous message "if one travels back and forth regularly from a home country to Turkey a Turkish VINN may be a better solution..."

For a tourist or traveller who may never return to Turkey, the Alldaywifi might offer convenience and ease over buying a Turkish VINN.

If a Turkish VINN can be used elsewhere that would be great, unfortunately, according to Turkcell, they cannot.

If anyone has tried to use one outside of Turkey please let us know.
The Following User Says Thank You to MiddleEarth For This Useful Post:
Mag (4th June 2015)
Old 4th June 2015, 06:38   #10 (permalink)
MiddleEarth

Wink Re: Alldaywifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasya View Post
This is the deal i am looking at ME

3G Modemler | 3G Wifi Modem | V?nn Fiyatlar? | Cihazlar | Turkcel - TURKCELL

I have the 99tl Vinn , am looking at the 125tl Modem , no laptop necessary, mor convenient for me.

What do you think ?

Steve
Our neighbours have one like this and they love it. As long as you can live with the 10GB limit, and you receive a good signal, why not? Real-life download speeds vary but at least 8Mbps up to 15Mbps or more.

We borrowed a VINN to try at our place in a rural village and got nearly zero connectivity. Our neighbours down the road less than 500 meters get great reception. Our position relative to the transmitter is poor. If the VINN was our only option we would probably have to rig up an antenna. I suggest you try to borrow one and test it at your actual location before you buy.
The Following User Says Thank You to MiddleEarth For This Useful Post:
Akasya (4th June 2015)

Tags
alldaywifi