FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > Geeky Stuff

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st October 2018, 22:38   #11 (permalink)

Thanked 4,406 Times in 1,606 Posts
Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ink Cartridges are a Scam!

That is a surprise. Length and depth are less than my current printer, but it is much higher.

Still worth considering methinks.

Thank you.

Maisie
Old 21st October 2018, 22:40   #12 (permalink)

Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry. Where does the paper go in that printer? It looks very square. And where does the printed document exit the machine?

Maisie
Old 21st October 2018, 23:05   #13 (permalink)

Thanked 7,711 Times in 3,209 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

This is the version I use, similar to the M2026
Only thing I would check is that it can take compatible toner cartridges and that they are refillable (for cheapness) some may have electronics to prevent this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ml_2240_wb_350x263.jpg (37.8 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by juco; 21st October 2018 at 23:08..
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to juco For This Useful Post:
Maisie (22nd October 2018)
Old 22nd October 2018, 07:22   #14 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 20,974 Times in 10,840 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazkad View Post
I initially thought the same but not at all.

Samsung M2026 is 33.1 x 21.5 x 17.8 cm
Heck that’s a smaller footprint than the Canon E410 inkjet I bought last month but as Maisie says it’s a little taller.

I’m thinking of swapping my Canon out for a laser but then I’d need to buy a scanner as well – or are there any small laser printers with integral scanner or copy facility?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
Old 22nd October 2018, 08:54   #15 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. Does the paper In tray push back into the printer after loading?

Ditto Jaycey's question.

Maisie
Old 22nd October 2018, 08:59   #16 (permalink)

Thanked 12,569 Times in 4,634 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute

I have LaserJet CP1025 Colour and been very happy with it, not had to buy toner yet. Sits on same footprint as a normal printer. I use my inkjet for scanning as the laser is just a printer.

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali

Last edited by bickern; 22nd October 2018 at 09:12..
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2018, 09:03   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juco View Post
This is the version I use, similar to the M2026
Only thing I would check is that it can take compatible toner cartridges and that they are refillable (for cheapness) some may have electronics to prevent this.
Yes it is the compatibility that has stumped me on my current printer. As said previously, one of the compatible cartridge sellers on eBay told me that HP have altered the gubbins inside so that it detects non OEM cartridges and won't, therefore, work.

From a general point of view, if manufacturers like HP are doing this, I would be very surprised if all the others did't do this also. So, how would you find out if you could use compatibles? You can hardly ask the manufacturer prior to buying. I would put money on it that a seller like say, Currys or Argos, would not have a clue.

I read an article on the internet last night that said basically what we have all suspected all along. The manufacturers make their printers cheaply because they know they will glean huge profits from the sale of OEM cartridges. This is not playing the game!

Maisie
Jaycey (22nd October 2018)
Old 22nd October 2018, 09:15   #18 (permalink)

Thanked 12,569 Times in 4,634 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute

Maisie, according to this you can bypass the message and continue.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03772927

Step 2: Acknowledge the message, and then continue with the print job
Click or press No, OK, or Continue to dismiss the message. The printer continues with the print job. You might have to dismiss the message every time you print.

Also

How to turn off HP Cartridge Protection Setting!

You can turn off the HP cartridge protection setting in a few simple steps.

Simply go into your printer settings which can be located on your printer menu and you will see the option to disable the HP cartridge protection. Just select the disable option and click Apply and Save if necessary.

https://www.inkntoneruk.co.uk/ink-ca...ge-protection/

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bickern For This Useful Post:
IbrahimAbi (22nd October 2018), Jaycey (22nd October 2018), Maisie (22nd October 2018)
Old 22nd October 2018, 09:22   #19 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 6,920 Times in 3,227 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Very useful, thanks for this Bickern. We have a new HP so it is probably protected, we are still on original cartridges, so do not know yet.
Old 22nd October 2018, 09:30   #20 (permalink)

Thanked 7,711 Times in 3,209 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

As Bickern has shown there are ways around it.

Quote:
So, how would you find out if you could use compatibles?
Best bet is google and utube for information or search a `printer` forum for specific models thats what I did before I got mine. Mine comes up with a low toner warning which I just ignore and carry on printing.
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to juco For This Useful Post:

Tags
cartridges , ink , scam