Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 28th April 2019, 16:17   #1 (permalink)
Recycled Teenager

Thanked 1,277 Times in 569 Posts
Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of
Help - Google email account disabled

I have received an email from google, (in Hotmail account) regarding a security alert. I googled this first to see if it was genuine and apparently it is a scam. But in my case this appears to not be the case, as my account has been disabled.

I tried another device and browser but could not restore this account, however, my Brother was able to get further and ask for a security code to be sent to my Hotmail account, I have not received this.

Please can anyone suggest anything else I can do, I have had gmail for over 16yrs and never had this problem before. Diane
Struggs is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 29th April 2019, 10:07   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 10,773 Times in 4,323 Posts
tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help - Google email account disabled

Hi Diane, these scammer & hackers are a pain in the butt!

I had a similar problem not so long ago, I had a reset, change password code texted to my mobile number, that fixed it straight away. Have you tried asking google/Hotmail to text you a code to enable you to reset a new password on your account?

Worth a try, good luck.
Old 29th April 2019, 14:33   #3 (permalink)
Recycled Teenager

Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of Struggs has much to be proud of

Thanks Tintagel, everything was tried, ironically my Brother could get a code sent to his e'mail account, but could not use it as they did not recognize his device. I couldn't even get to the code stage, you cannot ask for a password change, you have to get a code. Searching google til the cows came home, I filled in a form, (you have to answer your security question and say when you opened your account, stupid, I could not remember that as it is well over 15yrs ago), got a reply with a link to enter my email then recovery e'mail which worked, and I got the message to say a code has been sent. Tried this numerous times never got a code sent.

But thankfully I managed to get a code this afternoon and get back into my account, flaming annoyed as I have lost loads of e'mails and on checking my security activity (they said there had been suspicious activity at 15.48pm Sat. afternoon), I was the only one listed under this!!!!! Feel they could be less harsh and give a warning instead of instantly disabling an account, you cannot contact them as such, it is all automated replies. I have been lucky to get my account back, many people have been unable to, a total nightmare.

Last edited by Struggs; 29th April 2019 at 14:35.. Reason: typo
Struggs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Struggs For This Useful Post:
tintagel (6th May 2019)
Old 29th April 2019, 15:28   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 7,910 Times in 3,306 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds as bad as hotmail, every time I went abroad I was locked (but strangely not Turkey) To get a code I had to give another email which of course was another hotmail so started going around in circles.

I eventually set up a gmail and all hotmail has a copy sent to gmail.

I dread the day ebay lock me out and ask for security info, I have 4 accounts and set them up years ago and I haven't a clue what names etc I have used for them as most are fictitious.
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juco For This Useful Post:
Maisie (1st May 2019), Struggs (30th April 2019)
Old 30th April 2019, 22:30   #5 (permalink)
Recycled Teenager

Do google know what they are doing?

Just accessed my gmail first time today, they sent me an e'mail this morning:

"You recently indicated that someone else may have used your Google Account and you started reviewing recommended security steps.
If you haven’t finished these steps, go back and complete them"

So I indicated this, lol, and a further laugh is that although I could not get into gmail after 15.48pm Sat. until yesterday, it was showing activity on Sunday from devices that I was using to try and get it enabled again, now work that one out, as I can't.
The Following User Says Thank You to Struggs For This Useful Post:
Maisie (1st May 2019)
Old 1st May 2019, 08:59   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 4,854 Times in 1,737 Posts
Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute

Drives you potty doesn't it? Not very funny when it is happening though. A lot of organisations now will only accept contact by email or by form filling. This very rarely works as it always seems that the problems you are having are not listed in their menus!

Changing a password can be fraught too, as they usually ask you for the current password. Hello! I would not be changing it if I could remember the original!

Computers have a lot to answer for in terms of stress levels.

Maisie
Struggs (1st May 2019)
Old 1st May 2019, 13:22   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 5,773 Times in 2,515 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't life simpler before IT.

Worrying is a waste of imagination.
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
cigliboy (1st May 2019), Maisie (2nd May 2019), Struggs (1st May 2019)
Old 2nd May 2019, 08:09   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 4,854 Times in 1,737 Posts
Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes!

Maisie
Struggs (2nd May 2019)
Old 2nd May 2019, 19:38   #9 (permalink)
Recycled Teenager

So right life was a lot simpler.

Getting flaming paranoid now, had an e'mail go into spam, supposedly from google support, saying someone has been trying to access my account from Kansas, with a link to support to click on. I never ever click on links in e'mails unless I know what they are. The e'mail address this came from was not google. Probably just coincidence, but I am beginning to wonder how safe google is.
Old 3rd May 2019, 08:32   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 5,773 Times in 2,515 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

I dont believe that anything is 100% secure and make as little use of IT as possible, eg: I never leave my card info on amazon etc if I shop online. I know its a pain to enter info every time but if it's not there no-one can take it.
I prefer skype to mobile where possible, and I hate and detest facebook. I dont use it at all, or any other social site apart from this one,and am amazed that people put so much personal stuff out there. Why do they need to do it? Vanity? Insecurity?
I get very angry when people take photos which are posted online without my consent, and passed around. There seems to be no respect for privacy, or even a consideration for others' privacy.
I recently posted a message on TLF about a new piece of software that can scrape all your contacts off fb without your knowledge, find and record their email and mobile details, and no-one even commented on it.
Isn't it time for a backlash?
Amazing!

Worrying is a waste of imagination.
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
Struggs (3rd May 2019)

Tags
account , disabled , email , google