Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 24th September 2012, 10:33   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 5,949 Times in 2,811 Posts
SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute
Home alone

The War Department has abandoned Flea bag and I as she has nipped off to London for a few days in her quest to have more shoes than Imelda Marcos.
In her absence we have a Sofa each but our delema is that fleabag and I fancy a bit of chicken curry for our tea tonight but we have no idea where to start.
Would be most grateful of one of u kind TLF cooks could help me with a Simple idiot proof recipe to feed this desperate duo

THANKS
Old 24th September 2012, 10:46   #2 (permalink)
Life is so precious

Thanked 22,141 Times in 10,004 Posts
Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Home alone

Do you have a chicken in the fridge Sleepy? Ok here goes, the way I like to cook this very easy little bird is, pour a good glug of Olive Oil into clean hands, massage the bird all over with the oil, making sure you get between it's crevices. If you have lemon in the cupboard (fresh one is best), slice in half and do the same with the lemon, give it a good squeeze massaging the bird well with the juices. Lastly just give a good screw of Rock Salt and Black Pepper over the top of the chicken. Wrap your bird in cooking foil and cook for 55 mins per 500g on 180 degrees. Uncover the foil for the last 20 mins and let the skin go lightly crispy.

I hope this foolproof method works for you and fleabag (I wish I knew his name) I don't like to call him as fleabag, lol.

SLEEPY (24th September 2012)
Old 24th September 2012, 10:51   #3 (permalink)

SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute

SS thank you but I have one small but important question.Wheres the curry bit?
Fleabags name is Gizmo.
Hope your enjoying the hols.
Old 24th September 2012, 10:54   #4 (permalink)
No Clique just Creak

flowerpotman is a splendid one to behold flowerpotman is a splendid one to behold flowerpotman is a splendid one to behold flowerpotman is a splendid one to behold flowerpotman is a splendid one to behold flowerpotman is a splendid one to behold

A couple of chicken fillets cut into cubes or use chicken wings. chop an onion doesnt matter how fine as rustic is best lol. check spice cupboard for curry powder turmeric cardoman whatever spices that are hot a bit of chilli. fry chicken till no pink left on outside add onions and slow fry sweat them down till translucent add spices and cook for a couple of minutes then add chopped tomatoes and puree or coconut milk turn pan down and simmer for 20 mins stirring so it doesnt stick serve with rice chips or just a hunk of bread and an Effes lol,
flowerpotman is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flowerpotman For This Useful Post:
saoirse (24th September 2012), SLEEPY (24th September 2012)
Old 24th September 2012, 11:00   #5 (permalink)

Thank you flowerpotman we will have a go at that though I am not sure if we have coconut milk but I am sure I can improvise.
Thanks.
Old 24th September 2012, 11:02   #6 (permalink)
No Clique just Creak

flowerpotman is a splendid one to behold flowerpotman is a splendid one to behold flowerpotman is a splendid one to behold flowerpotman is a splendid one to behold flowerpotman is a splendid one to behold flowerpotman is a splendid one to behold

just use the tomatoes and puree if you use chilli it is like a piri piri the milk only gives it more sauce stops it being to dry and something to dip your chips in lol
flowerpotman is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flowerpotman For This Useful Post:
Old 24th September 2012, 11:19   #7 (permalink)
Life is so precious

Thanked 22,141 Times in 10,004 Posts
Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPY View Post
SS thank you but I have one small but important question.Wheres the curry bit?
Fleabags name is Gizmo.
Hope your enjoying the hols.
I thought this way it would be healthier for you, and maybe Gizmo (love his name) wouldn't fancy a curry night

Yes loving it, Thank you but, as ever the days just spent doing not a lot are slipping by way too fast.
Old 24th September 2012, 11:32   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 20,556 Times in 10,399 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpotman View Post
A couple of chicken fillets cut into cubes or use chicken wings. chop an onion doesnt matter how fine as rustic is best lol. check spice cupboard for curry powder turmeric cardoman whatever spices that are hot a bit of chilli. fry chicken till no pink left on outside add onions and slow fry sweat them down till translucent add spices and cook for a couple of minutes then add chopped tomatoes and puree or coconut milk turn pan down and simmer for 20 mins stirring so it doesnt stick serve with rice chips or just a hunk of bread and an Effes lol,

This sounds gorgeous.

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 11:37   #9 (permalink)

Found a few peppers in the fridge I assume I can chuck them in as well.
Old 24th September 2012, 12:20   #10 (permalink)
tjd

Thanked 1,443 Times in 820 Posts
tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future

Aye - go on ahead. Plus an apple or sultanas if you like fruit, plus it sweetens up the curry. Any natural yoghurt to kill the heat if you overdo it.

Tags
home