Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 18th January 2018, 09:05   #41 (permalink)
Glad I got out

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 9,445 Times in 4,516 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bulgaria

He did gardening as a job, bought a villa in Akbuk and an apartment, got swindled out of both (by I think English people)
He was always going on about the devil and considering he was supposed to be religious, thought that men actually had 1 less rib than women (most of his rants went like that too )
After being helped out by some folks who had kennels in Bulgaria to find a pace there , he then bought land and had built a rival kennels

ted j is online now send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ted j For This Useful Post:
Derek Payne (18th January 2018), Hilsjw (19th January 2018), saoirse (18th January 2018)
Old 18th January 2018, 09:35   #42 (permalink)

LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold

He definitely wasn't the full picnic. Obviously had 'issues'. Anyway I thought he went to the UK with help from someone there. Can't remember the whole story now. Apart from the kennels business he tried to start he also had several dogs of his own I think. I wonder what happened to them. I expect Phil knows a lot more.
LauraB is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LauraB For This Useful Post:
Derek Payne (18th January 2018)
Old 18th January 2018, 10:24   #43 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 28,537 Times in 12,843 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Last i saw on FB , Bob and his good lady were back in the UK , severely out of pocket however .

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 10:30   #44 (permalink)

Thanked 20,700 Times in 10,476 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that
He was eccentric but seemed harmless

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 10:36   #45 (permalink)

Thanked 4,414 Times in 1,611 Posts
Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute

When we had a villa in Akbuk (prior to theft of same), we had to walk past Bob's to get home. He was usually outside somewhere and would ask us in. Tea and biccies with him and his wife. At that time he was caretaking the next door villa, which was the other semi to his.

We never got to the bottom of his problems. He seemed to be a trusting soul (weren't we all in those days?) and people took advantage of his good nature. Whilst he could get quite vehement about certain people, I think it was all empty threats.

Last we heard was that he had managed to get back to the UK, but he didn't come on here again to let us know what had happened to him.

Maisie
Hilsjw (19th January 2018), Jaycey (18th January 2018), saoirse (18th January 2018)
Old 8th September 2018, 18:20   #46 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 21,210 Times in 10,979 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

This thread seems to have gone quiet again and there is endless scope for development.

Derek perhaps you could kick start it again, maybe by telling us about Bulgarian bathrooms (surely more interesting that Spanish ones), unusual customs or other kinky practices.

BTW I never saw any answer to my #16 - how are you fixed for fish & chips, ham & egg pies and British bangers?
Old 8th September 2018, 21:43   #47 (permalink)

traveller is a splendid one to behold traveller is a splendid one to behold traveller is a splendid one to behold traveller is a splendid one to behold traveller is a splendid one to behold traveller is a splendid one to behold traveller is a splendid one to behold

Two couples we knew quite well in Turkey, Fethiye area, moved to Bulgaria about 2 years ago, both had lived full time in Turkey for several years. Both couples seem to have settled well in Bulgaria and say they prefer it because they like the changing seasons and the village style of living. I think they are in the same area as Derek, near the Turkish border.
traveller is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2018, 21:46   #48 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive

Thanked 20,592 Times in 8,887 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve never been to Bulgaria nor come to think of it Purley.

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2018, 06:31   #49 (permalink)

Thanked 5,632 Times in 2,045 Posts
Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute

We have a Halloween Party coming up here in Elhovo (approx. 20mins from the Turkish Border) and most of the Expats many that use to reside in Turkey will be there. If there's anyone you wish me to pass on any messages or goodwill gestures, I will be only too happy to do so.

Failing that, I do have a FaceBook page called "Boyanovo Village" with nearly a 1,000 members mostly Brits/Expats living/residing in Bulagrian/Turkish Border Region, if you wish to leave a message or try to contact people.

Just to put it into perspective we have approx. 550 people living in our little village with 48 of them Brits/Expats and of that 48, many originally at some point lived in Turkey. As with us we lived in Payallar, near Alanya for 9 years, before moving on 8 years ago to BG.

As many of the former Turk Expats now living here in BG, often drop over the local Lesovo Bulgaria/Turkey Border Crossing to visit the Edirne Friday Market, so I hear there are a few doing the opposite trip to the Dobrich Car Boot Sale that takes place on the First Sunday of Each Month in Dobrich (approx. 10mins from Elhovo) where many Brits from all over Southern Bulgaria make the pilgrimage each month. Which my wife Sue, very rarely misses for a good gossip.

If you have any questions, I/we would be only too happy to answer them (truthfully, warts an all).
Derek Payne is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Derek Payne For This Useful Post:
IbrahimAbi (9th September 2018), Jaycey (9th September 2018), LauraB (9th September 2018), traveller (9th September 2018)
Old 9th September 2018, 07:01   #50 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 21,210 Times in 10,979 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

But what is it like living in Bulgaria Del? It must be more than just a difference in languages although being so close to the border I’m sure many will have a smattering of Turkish.

And I understand that Bulgarian Cyrillic is very similar to Russian – not a language to be picked up easily as I know from experience

From what little I know of Bulgaria it seems to have much in common with Ukraine in the way of customs and traditions.

Any chance of pic of Sue & yourself in traditional dress? Not so very different from our own vishy vanka.

Last edited by Jaycey; 9th September 2018 at 07:21.. Reason: reformat pic
Jaycey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
Derek Payne (9th September 2018)

Tags
bulgaria