Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 11th September 2018, 18:41   #71 (permalink)
Andy

rafiki is a glorious beacon of light rafiki is a glorious beacon of light rafiki is a glorious beacon of light rafiki is a glorious beacon of light rafiki is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Bulgaria

We used to live in Altinkum and now live an hours drive North of Varna, used to live just North of Veliko Turnovo which was more mountainous however the closest airport was a 3 hour drive away, North of Varna area is far flater and is mainly agriculture compared to the VT which is more animal farming.
The cost of living is far cheaper here (in a village) than in Altinkum and we have almost 2,500 sq metres of land and grow a lot of our own fruit and veg which also saves a lot of money.
Few examples: Our council tax this year for the 2 plots of land was just 12.00, Diesel varies from between 2.10-2.30 leva per ltr (roughly 2.15leva to the ) 500ml bottle of beer in our local bar 1.20 leva, loaf of bread 1 leva, 10 eggs 2.20 leva, 1 ltr milk 1.60 leva, Registration for 5 year ID card is around 40-50 leva, Unlimited broadband 13.00 leva per mth.
I've got 7.5 tons of wood chopped and stacked ready for the winter which should be more than enough and this year the cost was around 140 leva per ton delivered.
Hopefully that helps a little!
Akasya (11th September 2018), Derek Payne (11th September 2018), Harem (11th September 2018), IbrahimAbi (14th September 2018), LauraB (11th September 2018), shash (11th September 2018)
Old 11th September 2018, 21:12   #72 (permalink)
shash

shash is a name known to all shash is a name known to all shash is a name known to all shash is a name known to all shash is a name known to all shash is a name known to all

My daughter owns a large chunk of land which forms part of a new golf course in.... excuse spelling but if you live there you'll know it.....Donya Banya. Some houses have already been built but only on one section. The ones my daughter wants to have built have not happened. No money involved at this point but it looks like a slow down on new buildings at that particular place. Question is. Are there money problems or red tape when it involves new builds. Are the regulators slow at allowing new builds.
shash is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2018, 06:54   #73 (permalink)

Thanked 5,546 Times in 2,002 Posts
Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute

Shash, all I can tell you is, it all depends upon whether it's Personal, Private/Company or Government investment. If it's the latter 2 then in BG who knows.

If it's your own private development and you can't get any answers then I recommend you get an English speaking lawyer to look into it for you. And can I further suggest that you get a lawyer away from the local area, as you find here in BG just like Turkey, many of the lawyers in the same area/region all know each other very well.

The regulators generally in BG are pretty good on issues like that, if it's Government or even local Authority, as with everything in this part of the world, I find, it all depends what's in it for them. (Just Saying).
Derek Payne is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Derek Payne For This Useful Post:
shash (12th September 2018)
Old 13th September 2018, 08:33   #74 (permalink)

Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute

At our Village Gypsy Market in Elhovo yesterday I met in the Bon-Bon restaurant with an English couple who moved to Bulgaria approx. 2 years ago, from the Turkish area of Fethiyre.

I don't think it would correct to give their names on here without asking them first, but they were telling me the story of how and why they ended up here in BG. It basically boiled down to finances, they couldn't afford to live in the UK anymore and at that time they felt with rising costs and the general feeling that things had turned sour in Turkey, it was the right time to move on from Fethiyre.

They told me that they love everything about BG, the cost of living, the people, great place to keep pets and animals, except they so miss their apartment by the sea. They did try and re-locate to the Black Sea region of BG but were priced out, as over there property prices are approx. 3 times as much as here in the South-East region of BG.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Derek Payne For This Useful Post:
Akasya (13th September 2018), LauraB (13th September 2018), mollag (15th September 2018), shash (13th September 2018)
Old 14th September 2018, 08:39   #75 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,235 Posts
altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute

Bulgaria is horrible you wont like it , please don't move here.lol
Derek Payne (14th September 2018)
Old 15th September 2018, 13:16   #76 (permalink)
Abdul ibn bool bool

Thanked 1,069 Times in 505 Posts
niyaz has much to be proud of niyaz has much to be proud of niyaz has much to be proud of niyaz has much to be proud of niyaz has much to be proud of niyaz has much to be proud of niyaz has much to be proud of niyaz has much to be proud of niyaz has much to be proud of

what will happen after brexit? do you have to get a visa to stay in bulgaria?
Old 15th September 2018, 13:45   #77 (permalink)

Boris the BG Boss has already stated that all Brit-Expats will be more than welcome to stay. Whether we need a Visa or not, or whether our current Residents Permits will be enough, at the moment no one knows.
Old 17th September 2018, 23:59   #78 (permalink)
McB

McB will become famous soon enough

I first went to Bulgaria about 20 years ago Burgas- a few times...and ok, nothing to shout about, and so when I went back about 3-4 years ago- what a shock! I avoid the Black Sea coast and now just stay to the South West and up to Sofia... but its great... Plovdiv in the centre of town is such an eye opener... and some of the little towns in the South West are great too...not to mention the wild nature of the Rodope mountains and rivers... honestly living in these hills reminds me of living in the shires around London... and I can hop in the car and be on the beach in an hour or two...and Im not talking about the Black Sea... I man the Aegean... very big difference...and the journey down through Northern Greece is a doddle... if I want I can island hop on ferries all the way down to Meis across from Kas...and if I want to go to istanbul it takes about 3 hours drive- I know people in Istanbul that spend the same time commuting to work across the bridge! Hey Bulgaria is the best, the food is great (fresh, tasteFULL) the people speak English or Turkish, and every thing is somewhat more sensible and intelligent somehow... within limits of course !!
McB is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McB For This Useful Post:
Akasya (18th September 2018), Derek Payne (18th September 2018), shash (18th September 2018)
Old 12th October 2018, 07:11   #79 (permalink)

According to reports in the BG press. The BG Government are now more concerned than ever, regarding the dwindling population, especially amongst the age bracket of 16 - 40 years old. Thus leaving Bulgaria with an aging population, with most of the BG people in this bracket, heading to Europe and beyond to find work and a better standard of living.

In our little village of Boyanovo here in S.E. Bulgaria, we have an approx. population of 550+, nearly all over the age of 50. The small school here has 3 teachers but with only 11 pupils, of various ages. There are 42 British and 5 other Nationalities residing here. But here is where the problem lies, we have had 7 Deaths since the beginning of Sept.,

So to put it into perspective the small villages in particular are dying, great if you want cheap houses and land, or you want true peace and quiet. Just wondering if Turkey is experiencing the small problems..???
Old 12th October 2018, 07:39   #80 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 21,036 Times in 10,866 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Time for you to start boosting the population then Derek!

Go on, you know you want to
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
Derek Payne (12th October 2018)

Tags
bulgaria