Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Bodrum Forum > Gundogan Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th March 2008, 19:33   #1 (permalink)
Desperately Seeking Info!

SANKOP is on a distinguished road
S.S. Sankop Sanitcilar Sitesi, Turkbuku

Hi there

We're new to the site, so apologies if we're treading well worn ground here.

In Oct. 2004 we bought our house (aka joined the cooperative) on the above site, which is situated right on the border between Turkbuku/Gundogan, opposite the Hekimkoye complex.

Our agent was L&M Emlak, Bodrum. Throughout the buying process, and since they have been extremely helpful.

Recently, however, they have told us that we must pay 1000 'maps' fee as the cooperative is nearing completion/dissolution.

My question is twofold: Firstly, is 1000GBP, which is presumably being levied by Golturkbuku Belidiye, reasonable? Secondly, as we purchased our interest in the co-op prior to Nov. 2004, should we be paying this fee at all?

Our other concern is that if the co-op is being wound up, who will be responsible for any outstanding works on the site? And who will pick up the bill?

Any info from anyone who's familiar with this, or similar, situation would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Mark & Sue
SANKOP is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 6th March 2008, 00:10   #2 (permalink)

paul & emma is on a distinguished road
Re: S.S. Sankop Sanitcilar Sitesi, Turkbuku

Hi Mark and Sue,
we have a place on the Afrodit sitesi near you.
As for your question I should try putting it in the legal section
hope this helps and welcome to the forum
Paul & Emma
paul & emma is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 08:39   #3 (permalink)

Relocation man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANKOP
Hi there

We're new to the site, so apologies if we're treading well worn ground here.

In Oct. 2004 we bought our house (aka joined the cooperative) on the above site, which is situated right on the border between Turkbuku/Gundogan, opposite the Hekimkoye complex.

Our agent was L&M Emlak, Bodrum. Throughout the buying process, and since they have been extremely helpful.

Recently, however, they have told us that we must pay 1000 'maps' fee as the cooperative is nearing completion/dissolution.

My question is twofold: Firstly, is 1000GBP, which is presumably being levied by Golturkbuku Belidiye, reasonable? Secondly, as we purchased our interest in the co-op prior to Nov. 2004, should we be paying this fee at all?

Our other concern is that if the co-op is being wound up, who will be responsible for any outstanding works on the site? And who will pick up the bill?

Any info from anyone who's familiar with this, or similar, situation would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Mark & Sue
To answer your first question the Yes to have the property TAPU in your name you will need to purchase the military map. The 1000 is to purchase the military map for registering your property (Tapu) with the Gouvernment (land registery office and military.) This seem to be the norm for non turkish national purchases at the moment. Check with you agent that this is for the TAPU registration but I expect that is what this charge is for. (Does the agent/lawyer have your POA). 1000 is reasonable as some ares are charging more that 5000 YTL at the moment. I love Bitez...........

The second question is a little more dificult to answer. Do you have a contract with the coop construction company to supply a finished construction. If you do then there will be a definiton of what is classed as finished. Check this with the agent. They will be able to confirm this.
Just because they are doing the paperwork doesn't mean the coop is being wound up. You will all form a owners commity to discuss site issues and cost for the future.
Old 6th March 2008, 22:40   #4 (permalink)

Hi there to both Paul & Emma and Relocation man.

P&E :It's great to hear from some folk who are 'in our neighbourhood'. Perhaps we'll meet up at some point; though this year we're probably only going to be able to get over to Turkey for 3 weeks at the beginning of the season.

Rm: Thanks for the info. Your detailed reply has really helped to put our minds at ease. We're in contact with the agents awaiting details of how close the cooperative is to being wound up, and what failsafes (if any) are in place regarding the completion of the site. Unfortunately, we seem to hear little from the co-op itself regarding ongoing works - in fact we hear very little from them at all! Which makes us all the more grateful for the input of folk like you on this, and other forums.

Once again many thanks to you all.

Regards Mark & Sue
SANKOP is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 12:01   #5 (permalink)

lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mark and Sue
I live and work in Gundogan and know Sankop.
(I thought it was Gundogan Belediye ? but I am probably wrong !)
I agree with relocation man. An owners comittee usually forms, you might have a language problem when it come to the meetings and minutes as its mostly Turkish people on your sitesi.
Some other Brits in Gundogan were asked last year for approx 1,000 for same thing but a different sitesi.So it must be about the going rate in this area.
I hope it all goes well and gets sorted for you.
Please pop in and see me when you are in Gundogan.
ATLAS office is on small side street,from centre of Gundogan beach where the wooden pier is. Between Han Hotel and Iskeler Lokanta.
Be great to meet some fellow Brits !
Lynne
Old 8th March 2008, 02:22   #6 (permalink)

Hi Lynne,

Good to hear from you. We're really glad that there are so many of you out there who are 'in the know' and have been able to put our minds at rest about things. We were already looking forward to getting back over to Turkey in April, but it'll be even better now that we know where to go to meet someone who knows all the ins and outs of the system.

Thanks again

Mark & Sue
Old 8th March 2008, 12:53   #7 (permalink)

lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mark and Sue
Look forward to meeting you in April !
Weather is glorious here today. Not hot but nice and warm.Walked to work along the beach and its deserted........lovely ! Sea is like a mill pond.
Lynne
Old 8th March 2008, 15:44   #8 (permalink)
angiebelle

angiebelle is on a distinguished road

Hi Mark & Sue
We also purchased a property on this site in October 2005 through the same emlak. We are sending our money in a couple of weeks. Hopefully we will not have to wait too long to receive our tapu.

Angie
angiebelle is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2008, 12:13   #9 (permalink)

Hi there Lynne & Angie,

Lynne: We'll definitely be popping in to see you when we come over. How's business over there at the moment? As you know, the credit crunch here is casting a spell of doom & gloom over everyone - not to mention the weather (gales forecast for the next 24hrs). It just makes Turkey seem all the more attractive!

Angie: Good to hear from another Sankopee. Do you ever receive any info from the co-op? I think that without Gul & Murat at the agents we'd never hear anything at all! They really do a good job. Can't imagine an estate agent over here giving such good service.

Speak to you both soon (probably be picking your brains regarding many aspects of setting up a house on the Bodrum peninsula - hope you don't mind!)

Regards

Mark & Sue
Old 10th March 2008, 23:12   #10 (permalink)
angiebelle

angiebelle is on a distinguished road

Hi Mark & Sue
We have never received any info directly from the co-op. Like you, all our info comes from Gul and Murat. I agree we would never receive that sort of help from an estate agent here in the U.K.

Two of my colleagues have also purchased on sankop. I don't know if you've met them, Charlie & Tina, and Diane.

If I hear anything I will let you know.

Angie
angiebelle is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
sanitcilar , sankop , sitesi , turkbuku