Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 18th July 2008, 03:31   #1 (permalink)
Desperately Seeking Info!

SANKOP is on a distinguished road
Lynne and Josh... Superstars!

'What's new at Sankop?...'

Just about everything about our house, is the short answer!

(Note to mods: This isn't 'spam', just a genuine note of thanks, which might be of great help to others on the forum)

As many of you will know from some of our other TLF posts and PMs, we were out in Bodrum April/May, trying to sort out some legal bits'n'bobs and running around like headless chickens getting quotes for work on the house/furniture etc. You'll also remember that we were lucky enough to spend some time with the very wonderful Lynne and Coskun ('Josh'), who were great hosts and company.

As you may or may not be aware, Josh and Lynne run (among other things!) the Atlas Emlak office in Gundogan, and amongst their services is organising major renovation work on tired out properties like ours!

We'd already had quotes for the work that needed doing, but another never goes amiss, so were happy for Lynne and Josh to come and look around. (Thanks, and hi, here also to Keith and Sylvia, for showing us the work that Lynne and Josh had arranged for them).

Josh took a good look around, immediately picking up on all the work that we knew was necessary - and on a few items that we'd missed, and a quote was duly prepared!

Charm and friendliness aside, we would have taken them up on their quote on price alone! Their laid back 'no nonsense & no pressure' approach was also a refreshing change from some others. We left for home feeling confident that we'd left the work in safe hands.

Over the next few weeks, Lynne was in regular contact with us by text and email, regarding the progress of the work. We couldn't wait to see the next set of pictures that she was going to send us. She always let us know if any item was going to be slightly over budget; likewise, if any were going to be under (and yes, some were!).

Last week we saw the completed work. I can't begin to describe the difference between our 'old' house and the 'new' one! Words don't normally fail me (as you can see from the foregoing), but I was at a loss to express the extent of my delight. In little over a month Josh and his team had carried out a fabulous transformation. He'd even done some 'extras' for free because 'it looked better that way'!

So a HUGE THANKS, to Lynne, Josh and their team... and also to TLF for giving us the forum that introduced us... and if anyone in Gundogan, or throughout the peninsula needs any reno work I cannot imagine anyone would do a better job!

Loadsa Love Mark & Sue.
SANKOP is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 18th July 2008, 09:04   #2 (permalink)

Re: Lynne and Josh... Superstars!

What a nice story and a way that members help each other in recommendations.

Glad everything turned out well for you both.

Andy
Andy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 10:20   #3 (permalink)
Tom and Babs

Tom & Babs is on a distinguished road

Hi Sue and Mark.
We are fellow Sankop owners.Wish we had known Lynne and Josh sooner when we bought on Sankop. We had some basic work and the house is in good condition.
We weren,t aware of the forum 4 years ago,which is a great pity (our loss),as I am sure for what we paid we would have had a much better job done.
Anyway we have met the dynamic due now, and they are all you say about them.

We still have one concern about Sankop. As you know all the owners foreign and Turkish were all asked to apply for their tapu,s earlier this year about January.
The site was supposed to have been completed, which you would assume means that the Iskan had been or was about to be issued.
We applied for military permission and guess what we missed out on recieving by about a week, so still waiting.
We have just been hearing from different sources that Sankop still has not got its Iskan, so forget your Tapu. We are having enquiries made to their head office about this problem, so what was all the panic about applying for it, when you cant get it.

Have heard some horror stories on this forum about buyers having big problems about this Habitation certificate, hope thats not going to be the case here.

By the way anybody want a cheap house on Sankop, we are willing to sell ours for 32.000 pounds.

Here,s hoping we may get some asnwers.

LOL Tom and Babs
Tom & Babs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 11:17   #4 (permalink)

lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light

Dear Mark and Sue
What a lovely write up !
Thankyou sooooo much. It is a pleasure to help nice people.
I too thought the house looked fantastic when it was finished
What a difference from before to after !
I have the easy bit..........messaging and photos
Its Coşkun (Josh) and his workmen that have all the hard work to do......and in this heat too.They absolutely ripped theplace to bits........Josh is a great guy,proffesional and very honest.....as you well know Mark as you overpaid him and he handed it all back to you !!!!
Thanks again for the great compliments !
Hope to see you back here very soon

Hi Barbara and Tom
Hope you both well and enjoying Spain ?
Thankyou too for your kind words.
Not heard anything re San Kop iskan but will keep ears open
Hope to see you both too very soon

Best wishes to all
Lynne and Coşkun
Old 1st August 2008, 21:48   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 1,082 Times in 550 Posts
Michael Hanley has much to be proud of Michael Hanley has much to be proud of Michael Hanley has much to be proud of Michael Hanley has much to be proud of Michael Hanley has much to be proud of Michael Hanley has much to be proud of Michael Hanley has much to be proud of Michael Hanley has much to be proud of Michael Hanley has much to be proud of

I have also met Lynn and Josh. Both great people. I hope to be using them to complete a project for me.
Mike.
Michael Hanley is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 16:54   #6 (permalink)

lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mike
Lovely to hear from you
Hope you and Pat are well and that we see you again soon !
Lynne x
Old 9th August 2008, 22:50   #7 (permalink)

sharonjilly is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Lynne and Josh... Superstars!

We were thrilled to bits to be introduced to Lynne...
Lynne found us accommodation for our stay in Gundogan this year - a nice apartment with a big kitchen and lovely pool/garden (one of Josh's accomplishments). An easy walk into the village from there. Lynne did our airport transfers smoothly and safely.
If we needed assistance, we could just shout over the balcony to Lynne who was always happy to help. We met Josh whilst we were there - what a friendly guy...a fab team who have time for you.
My mum and my 2 aunts went out the week after us and were so well looked after by Lynne - she helped organise a cruise and other trips which they thoroughly enjoyed and even invited them to her birthday barbecue!

So thanks Lynne for your genuinely friendly assistance. We wish you and Josh ongoing success in your business ventures in Gundogan, which is such a beautiful and unspoilt bay, and hope to meet you again soon.

Sharon and Jill
sharonjilly is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 08:52   #8 (permalink)

Sweetnighter is a jewel in the rough Sweetnighter is a jewel in the rough Sweetnighter is a jewel in the rough

Hi Lynne and Josh

Just to say a belated "Tesekkur ederim" for the "quick fix" in the shower room at my apartment back in July.Will be in touch with any other problems.
As previously said in this thread "highly recommended".Hope to see you during my long stay over Winter in Yalikavak.
Sweetnighter is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 11:03   #9 (permalink)

Thanks Sharon and Jilly
It was a pleasure to help you and all your family !
Adam and Neamh are delightful and your mum and 2 aunties were hillarious.....
Had great fun with all of you.
Hope to see you again before too long

Thanks too sweetnighter
Hope you are well and that you too will be out here soon
Cheers
Lynne Coskun (Josh)
Old 11th August 2008, 16:50   #10 (permalink)
Non Active Member

bodruman is on a distinguished road

Hi Tom and Barbara,

I hope that you both are great. Hope you are having good time . Just a quick information; Iskan is not a "must" to receive the Title Deed.

All My Best,
Evren from Sunshine Turkish Homes
bodruman is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
josh , lynne , superstars