FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > Health Matters

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th October 2017, 06:06   #1 (permalink)
Days On The Beach in Side

Thanked 1,273 Times in 680 Posts
angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Swollen Ankles or Joints? How to fix it!

I have suffered in Turkey on and off for years with swollen ankles as I do so much walking in Side. We do not have a car and of course the heat does not help. I have tried everything from putting ice on them, to very hot towels, soaking them in cold water and in very hot water, putting them up on pillows as I w.atch TV and sleep as well - but nothing worked at all - until a Turkish friend recommended that I try this special cream that you can buy at any chemist in Turkey. It is called BENGAY POMAD and only costs 7 TL. It has worked wonders and for the first time in years, my ankles are as normal. My partner Mike slipped on the small rug in the bedroom and his knee blew up like a football. It also cured that within a matter of days. Well worth the 7 TL or more even!

Whilst we are talking medications ... sorry to mention it but diarrhoea can be a real nuisance ... in the UK we have Imodium but it costs about 6.50 for only 10 pills ... here in Turkey at any chemist you can buy the same thing with the same ingredients but it is called LOPERIMID and you get 20 pills for only 2.5 TL. Worth stocking up on to take back to England.

I never understand why British people buy cigarettes at Duty Free either ... they are so expensive that way ... the ones I get in Turkey are called Chesterfield Click and are only 8 TL a pack of 20. If used normally they are like regular cigarettes but if you click the tip, they turn into menthol ... best of both worlds. Again, worth stocking up on to take back to the UK.

Hope this helps?

x Angela in Side x
angelaturkey is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to angelaturkey For This Useful Post:
Akasya (15th October 2017), easylife (15th October 2017), Hilsjw (15th October 2017), Kusann (15th October 2017)
Old 15th October 2017, 07:08   #2 (permalink)
20 - 12 - 3

Thanked 19,380 Times in 8,357 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swollen Ankles or Joints? How to fix it!

Angela, google smoking and swollen ankles, there does seem to be a link although some of the results seem tenuous.

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
angelaturkey (15th October 2017)
Old 15th October 2017, 07:25   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 7,257 Times in 2,672 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the American Bengay? https://www.bengay.com

Swollen ankles - try diuretic. You can sit back with a fag while it does its job.

Ian

ps it looks as though it is the same as USA, which is owned by Johnson&Johnson. There is nothing in that formula which will work on swollen ankles unless it is a joint problem = Camphor 4% (Topical analgesic), Menthol 10% (Topical analgesic), Methyl salicylate 30% (Topical analgesic). Perhaps it is a different mix for Turkey. The main ingredient Methyl Salicyate (Wintergreen).

Last edited by immac; 15th October 2017 at 07:35..
immac is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immac For This Useful Post:
Akasya (15th October 2017), angelaturkey (15th October 2017)
Old 15th October 2017, 07:35   #4 (permalink)
Days On The Beach in Side

Thanked 1,273 Times in 680 Posts
angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of

I don't know if that's the same Bengay in USA because the packaging is totally different and it does not say BENGAY POMAD as the one I have does ... could be though ... just dunno! x Angela in Side x
angelaturkey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 08:03   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 7,531 Times in 3,115 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
mention it but diarrhoea can be a real nuisance ... in the UK we have Imodium but it costs about 6.50 for only 10 pills
Worth thinking about: For a couple of years after gall bladder removal I had constant diarrhea, it was bad....eat meal find toilet quick. I was blaming the Gall bladder removal as the cause. Eventually the doc sent me for Prostate tests but all was ok. 5 years down the road still problems doc/hospital couldnt find anything wrong.
Then early this year I stopped drinking (cider) and within 2 days the diarrhea stopped. After a few weeks rather than water I started on diluted fruit juice, diarrhea back with a vengeance, stopped drinking it diarrhea gone.

So it would appear that cider/fruit juice was causing these issues. I did google it and it appears I was correct. All in this had a certain control over my life for about 7 years although I did get used to it by planning ahead.

I am just thinking while in hot countries many will increase their intake of fruit juice etc and that maybe a possible cause.

Don't believe those who by wealth are sheltered from reality.
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juco For This Useful Post:
Akasya (15th October 2017), angelaturkey (15th October 2017)
Old 15th October 2017, 12:25   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 7,770 Times in 2,727 Posts
Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the information Angela. Off to Turkey tomorrow so will stock up on both.
Hilsjw is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 15:30   #7 (permalink)

ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold

Lopermid (T) = Loperamide (UK) sold under the brand name 'Immodium'. How is it that medication in general is SO much cheaper in Turkey? (Please don't anyone say 'because it's all fake)
A89 (16th October 2017)
Old 15th October 2017, 15:52   #8 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 5,847 Times in 2,703 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is an element of government control on medicine prices in Turkey.
ted j (15th October 2017)
Old 15th October 2017, 17:15   #9 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 26,452 Times in 11,581 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Loperamide , 2mg , 30 tabs ,2.69....
https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/lope...rnative/prd-2m

Generic available at similar prices .

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 18:27   #10 (permalink)
Glad I got out

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 9,180 Times in 4,382 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

I have to use Otrivine nasal spray
The last time i bought some in the UK it was 3.79......over here it is 6 lira 50 Kurus (around 1.40 )

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
ankles , fix , joints , swollen