Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 24th March 2020, 16:12   #1021 (permalink)
The Golden Girls

Thanked 1,870 Times in 732 Posts
Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future
Re: My Bolshie Husband

Agree it's rediculous. Why they can't leave it in the porch, knock and retreat until they see it removed.
Old 24th March 2020, 18:21   #1022 (permalink)
shash

Thanked 1,254 Times in 579 Posts
shash has much to be proud of shash has much to be proud of shash has much to be proud of shash has much to be proud of shash has much to be proud of shash has much to be proud of shash has much to be proud of shash has much to be proud of shash has much to be proud of

Get it changed to pharmacy 4u. It'll be delivered by the postman and no signature required. I have a box outside so I only get a knock should something require a signature.
shash is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 18:38   #1023 (permalink)

Thanked 8,301 Times in 3,483 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you can go to a pharmacy but they can't deliver?
It will be the driver/companies policy, could lose his job over it, they are quite strict when it comes to prescriptions.
Not that I agree with it.
............. it's the people who count the votes."
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to juco For This Useful Post:
Mojive (25th March 2020)
Old 24th March 2020, 20:14   #1024 (permalink)

Thanked 6,000 Times in 2,071 Posts
Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkan regular View Post
Agree it's rediculous. Why they can't leave it in the porch, knock and retreat until they see it removed.
Exactly what I suggested. But apparently that 'is not how they work'. Oh, so they have these problems every week do they? These people are jobsworths.

Maisie
Old 24th March 2020, 20:27   #1025 (permalink)

Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute

The reason we stay with this pharmacy is because it is in the same building, next door in fact, to the doctor. It has proved time saving in the past when calling in for medication and they say they have not received the prescription from the doctor. You can just go next door (there is a large opening in the wall connecting the two) and moan at the prescription people.

Mark called me from the pharmacy. They reckoned they did not have my medication. He put me on speaker and I spoke with a member of staff. I told her that I knew it was ready, because Bill had told me so this morning (I recognised his voice). Not only did she say initially she did not have the medication, it seems I am not even registered with the practice! Only over 40 years! I know the problem. Most people attempt to spell my surname wrong. It starts with Mc..... but they always search by Mac.... Also, there is another letter in the name that they invariably miss out. Once I had spelled it out and given her my date of birth - lo - there I was! Anyway Mark just brought the bag of meds round so I am okay for a while.

Incidentally, the brown stuff is hitting the fan at the hospital. I got a copy of Dave's discharge letter from Lillian. There are so many mistakes, omissions, inaccuracies and downright lies in it I felt compelled to write to the consultant who had discharged Dave, in an endeavour to give him the opportunity to put it right. But I needed his christian name for the email. The hospital put me through to the secretaries and I left a message. They rang me back. I explained what I wanted and of course they wanted to know why. I said that they would see when the email get there. The girl was insistent, so I told her the gist of the email, but no details. She apologised. I told her it was not her fault, but the fault of the consultant whose name appeared on the letter. Maybe he was just unlucky to be on duty that day, but as far as I am concerned, his name is on it, so he carries the can!

About half an hour later, I had the consultant himself on the 'phone, wanting to know what the matter was. I told him the same story - wait until you get the email. It is two pages long and asks many questions, none of which are rhetorical. He was very pushy and wanted to know what the problem was. I told him that he had to wait because I was sending a copy of the email to Dave's GP and maybe the local paper and our MP. I said I would decide whether or not to get my solicitor involved when I get a reply to the email.

Anybody think they are getting the wind up?

Maisie
Akasya (24th March 2020)
Old 25th March 2020, 16:17   #1026 (permalink)

I sent the email this morning. So far - nothing. I hope they are digesting it. More than likely they are trying to think how they can fob me off and explain away all the problems I have exposed. Not to mention the downright lies they have not only told me, but have written in the discharge letter as well. They can't argue with that!

I have rung the home yesterday and today. They say Dave is okay, but he consistently refuses to eat. I know about this, but it is new to them. Although they do know that people with Alzheimer's do tend to refuse food. I have asked them to try him with sweet things, like ice cream and rice pudding. They may have some success as I could usually get him to eat these in the hospital after refusing 'proper' food.

Still, he knows where not eating will lead, so it is up to him.

Maisie
A89 (26th March 2020), Akasya (25th March 2020), Harem (26th March 2020)
Old 25th March 2020, 18:58   #1027 (permalink)
Recycled Teenager

Thanked 1,412 Times in 634 Posts
Struggs has a brilliant future Struggs has a brilliant future Struggs has a brilliant future Struggs has a brilliant future Struggs has a brilliant future Struggs has a brilliant future Struggs has a brilliant future Struggs has a brilliant future Struggs has a brilliant future Struggs has a brilliant future Struggs has a brilliant future

My heart is going out to you Maisie, it was hard enough for you, but now even worse. Diane
Struggs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Struggs For This Useful Post:
Maisie (26th March 2020)
Old 27th March 2020, 00:13   #1028 (permalink)

When I rang today they said that Dave had tried eating some of his lunch! He managed about half. But it appears that he has now decided that all he wants to do is drink milk. Okay, fine. Except this will go right through him! Still, it is food in a way, and at least he is showing some interest in something.

I asked today, on Mark's behalf, if they would consider him and Juliet should they need extra staff during these trying times. They are both qualified and certificated as far as they can go, so there is no problem there. What is happening is that as people are having to stay at home, some of the parents of their clients are cancelling as they can look after their children/young adults themselves. Mark usually does three days at our local college with people with learning difficulties. Of course, the college is now closed. He is being offered some jobs, but not local. As he said, if he could get a day or so at the home where Dave is, he could keep an eye on Dave at the same time. There are a lot of male residents, but only a couple of male staff. We'll see. Would be good though.

My DVD player packed up tonight. That's two in a few weeks. I am quite annoyed as this latest one, although purchased a few years ago, was not taken out of the packaging until last week, or the week before. I have a player in the bedroom. I tried hooking that up. Got a good picture, but no sound! I found the book of words that goes with it. In the back, I have stapled the receipt. The bloody thing cost 199.99 in 2005! I do have another combined DVD and Video that is, so far as I am aware, plugged in. Mark and I tried it tonight. The external speakers make little clicking noises and we can open the drawer, but we are unable to find the source on the TV remote. Mark said he will come in one day next week and pull the whole thing out. I am not looking forward to that!

Meantime, I have bought a cheapo one online in Argos which Mark will get tomorrow. He went shopping tonight. It is funny, I have always wondered when I see people on their mobiles when shopping. But we were at it tonight! Mark telling me what he had found and me saying yay or nay. He has bought me so much I don't think I will need anything for a few weeks now. Except maybe bread. But I don't eat a lot of bread, so not too much of a problem.

A chap from across the road came over today to offer his help if I needed it. His father goes to the hospital three times a week for dialysis, and instead of having a designated driver, his son is taking and collecting as he cannot go to work. In that way he can do any shopping that his family needs. Very nice of him to offer.

I am a bit miffed about the DVD player, I am right in the middle of the Tudors. But I have just remembered that I do have a small portable player that we used in Turkey. Maybe get that out to watch the end of the episode that cracked up.

Maisie
Harem (27th March 2020)
Old 27th March 2020, 00:16   #1029 (permalink)

Just discovered that the clocks go forward this Sunday. I had forgotten all about that. So, we lose an hour.

Maisie
Old 27th March 2020, 13:43   #1030 (permalink)

I just had a call from the nursing home. The lady was in with Dave and gave him the 'phone to talk to me. He said he felt very ill, and he sounded it. He said he had been sick, but it turns out that he wasn't, he just thought he was. Not eating - as per usual. He is fading fast. I can hear it in his voice.

She (Diane) said she would do this again Monday or Tuesday. I will continue to ring each day in the meantime. I just don't know what I can do. Well, I do know. Nothing. Especially as I can't even see him. It is very stressful.

Maisie
A89 (28th March 2020), Akasya (27th March 2020), Harem (27th March 2020), Kalkanite (27th March 2020), Peter J (27th March 2020), shash (27th March 2020), Tillyfloss (27th March 2020), tintagel (27th March 2020)

Tags
bolshie , husband