Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 20th November 2020, 11:17   #1551 (permalink)

Thanked 1,615 Times in 699 Posts
Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future
Re: My Bolshie Husband

Maisie from your previous post it seems size does matter.
Bramidan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bramidan For This Useful Post:
Maisie (21st November 2020)
Old 20th November 2020, 18:27   #1552 (permalink)

Thanked 8,444 Times in 3,645 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

Maisie if you really want to keep it for sentimental reasons, take it to a gunsmith and get it deactivated. You wont need a licence once that's done and it wont look any different. Not sure how much it would cost, but we did this with a lovely old double barrelled shotgun some years ago and now it's on display over the fireplace.

Worrying is a waste of imagination.
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
Akasya (20th November 2020), Jaycey (20th November 2020), Maisie (21st November 2020)
Old 21st November 2020, 08:59   #1553 (permalink)

Thanked 6,699 Times in 2,278 Posts
Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute

What a fantastic idea! I didn't know I could do this. Keeping the gun would mean more to me than any money I could sell it for.

I will ask the guy when he comes on Tuesday if he knows anything about doing this.

Thanks for the idea.

Maisie
Akasya (21st November 2020), Kanga (21st November 2020)
Old 21st November 2020, 10:00   #1554 (permalink)

Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute

I have just emailed three organisations who, according to the internet, offer a deactivation service.

Fingers crossed now that one of them can help me before my licence runs out. I hope that although maybe their outlets may be closed due to the virus regulations, they are still accessing their emails.

Maisie
Old 21st November 2020, 11:35   #1555 (permalink)

Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, I hope you can get it done. These things mean so much more than the cash value. We just took ours to a local gunsmith, any properly registered gunsmith should be competent to do the work, so dont be fobbed off. Try phoning the nearest one in your area.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
Maisie (21st November 2020)
Old 21st November 2020, 12:04   #1556 (permalink)

Problem with this is that they are all closed due to the virus regulations.

One of the internet companies has emailed back with the telephone number of their gunsmith in my area, which they are not. So will try him later.

It is very uncertain if we will get "unlocked" on 2nd December. But depending upon what is decreed, I might be able to contact a local gunsmith as well.

Maisie

PS I have just found out that the owner of our local gunshop has been jailed for eight years for "firearm offences". So that one is out!

Last edited by Maisie; 21st November 2020 at 12:17..
Maisie is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2020, 12:10   #1557 (permalink)

Best of luck and hope you get it sorted. If the police licensing dept were involved to start with, perhaps they could help if you went back to them, as they may consider it to be more of an emergency and contact a gunsmith on your behalf even if they're closed. The lockdown is having all sorts of unintended consequences if you can't get a gun made safe. K.

Last edited by Kanga; 21st November 2020 at 12:13..
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
Maisie (22nd November 2020)
Old 21st November 2020, 12:29   #1558 (permalink)

Thanked 3,385 Times in 2,131 Posts
evo80 has disabled reputation

This is a shame as our friend is licensed to do that ,but he is seriously ill at the mo ,so I think he won't be able to do it .6 months ago he repaired my 22 bolt action Sheridan.
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evo80 For This Useful Post:
Maisie (22nd November 2020)
Old 22nd November 2020, 09:41   #1559 (permalink)

The local licensing authority were unhelpful when I spoke to them. She said that they were "not allowed" to make recommendations or give any advice. Great eh?

I had a telephone call yesterday from one of the internet contacts. The lady said that they were closed, but could still deactivate this gun for me. She said I will have to give it to a local gunsmith who will then transport it to them. Finding a gunsmith? That is what I have been trying to do. Anyway, I had quite a conversation with her. Because of the restrictions she was working from home, and is the Sales Manager of their company. She said that their staff are still working Monday to Friday, and that on Monday she will be able to access their records and find out which gunsmith in my area they use. She is going to ring them, explain the position and then, all being well, she will ring me with the details.

I would still like to know the value of this gun. I know that once deactivated, it will be worthless, but I will still have it. I will find out tomorrow if this company is able to help, and then tell them that I have someone coming Tuesday to value it. I will then make a decision. But I think I know the answer. From the little I have been able to glean from the internet, I don't think this gun is worth more than perhaps at best a couple of hundred. I would rather spend that sort of amount and keep the gun.

Anyway, I will see what happens tomorrow.

Maisie
Akasya (22nd November 2020)
Old 22nd November 2020, 10:25   #1560 (permalink)

Thanked 26,126 Times in 13,807 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Back in gangsters paradise I never ventured out unarmed but then a law was passed that all licenced firearms had to be surrendered
– unlicenced guns held by criminal elements were apparently OK

Sod that so I declared our weapons stolen, simples, job done.

BTW I’m certainly not suggesting that our Maisie would be so underhand.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
Akasya (22nd November 2020), evo80 (22nd November 2020)

Tags
bolshie , husband