Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 11th July 2013, 18:01   #1 (permalink)

Kizza2203 is on a distinguished road
Hey Guys

So, going mental on google these last few days looking at all the information I need to move to turkey.... I seem to be getting conflicting information, and then I stumbled across this site. So wondering if you guys could help.
A little about me, visiting turkey for the first time last may (2012) I fell inlove with the place. We went again this year, end of May for 3 weeks and I extened for another 11days. We stayed in Ovacik for the first 3 weeks and got talking to some english people there and then moved to hisarönü for the last 11 days.
I'm 27, i have a 2 year old little boy and I'm a qualified beautician. I own a property here in the uk and renting that wouldnt be a problem to give me some income if a moved roungly £550pcm. Obviously I know hisarönü is a holiday resort and I know it closes in the winter months. From people I met out there I gather alot of people let and then sub let. So any information on making the move would be greatly appriciated. TIA x
Kizza2203 is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 11th July 2013, 18:46   #2 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 6,837 Times in 2,471 Posts
arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hey Guys

welcome to TLF Kizza, sorry I can't help with your queries, but someone will be along soon who can.
Old 11th July 2013, 23:42   #3 (permalink)

Kizza2203 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Arrian xx
Kizza2203 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2013, 04:53   #4 (permalink)

tabetha will become famous soon enough tabetha will become famous soon enough

hello hope you are well this is a big move you are thinking about and as you cannot work here then it doesnt matter what your occupation is i have known alot of people who come for a holiday fall in love with the place or the men and pack up everything in the UK and hey presto a new life but it does not always work out as you plan if you are moving because of a holiday romance then my advice would be dont as for renting your house out for extra income good idea but then you have to think what if your tennants get behind with the rent what would you and your son live off over here
Never heard of anyone renting and sub letting the rents range from about 250ytl depending on the area you want to live in you then have electric water same as every where if you want english tv then digiturk similar to sky in the uk or if you have a computor you can watch it on there if you are planning to stay you will need to get residencey for you and your child playschool starts around the age of 5 and you have to pay a monthly fee ranging betweet 25 and 50 ytl depending on the school you will need to furnish your home so you will need to have a little spare cash unless you can find furnished which will bump the price up especially in the tourist areas my advice would be think very carefully about this move because if it doesnt work out and you have rented your home in the uk you may come unstuck living here is totally different to coming on holiday please think carefully and then think again especially as you have a little boy to think about as well if you do decide to make the move good luck
tabetha is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tabetha For This Useful Post:
Kizza2203 (12th July 2013)
Old 12th July 2013, 05:29   #5 (permalink)

Sleekit is a glorious beacon of light Sleekit is a glorious beacon of light Sleekit is a glorious beacon of light Sleekit is a glorious beacon of light Sleekit is a glorious beacon of light

Very sound advice.
Sleekit is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2013, 05:34   #6 (permalink)

Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light

Please remove rose tinted glasses
Mig62 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2013, 05:43   #7 (permalink)

Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light Mig62 is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry Kizza for being so blunt but when you have lived here a while you hear so many similar stories. Okay, live your dream, but be very careful it does not turn into your worst nightmare, especially when children are involved. The romeo in the local bar on a two week holiday can suddenly turn into Dracula once the sun goes down (Hope you get my drift.
Mig62 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2013, 08:29   #8 (permalink)
Jamster

Jamster is a splendid one to behold Jamster is a splendid one to behold Jamster is a splendid one to behold Jamster is a splendid one to behold Jamster is a splendid one to behold Jamster is a splendid one to behold Jamster is a splendid one to behold

If it because of a holiday romance 100% DO NOT COME!

You are one of several during the season... EVERY season.

You are a mother of a young child = put HIM 1st, 2nd and 3rd and that doesn't equal leaving a support network behind in the UK.

IF you were single, then hey, we all make mistakes and I'd probably say why not but KNOW what you're getting into and your just the latest conquest.

BUT you've got a wee child and for me makes everything so much more serious - not to be taken lightly.

IF we have this all wrong and it doesn't involve a 'Holiday Romance' then that makes things a little less complicated BUT still a major decision due to your nipper.

At the end of the day it is your life - but please consider your child, what about his gran, granddad, aunties, uncles, cousins, friends etc..

Respectfully, Jim.
Jamster is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jamster For This Useful Post:
shirleyanntr (12th July 2013)
Old 12th July 2013, 08:55   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 3,853 Times in 1,594 Posts
beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute

Do your research - whatever you reasons for wanting to re-locate. Jobs here are not easy if you want to be legal and you have a small child so long hours are out of the question. Do you speak the language - no not all locals do and those that do don't often understand you they just smile and say yes. İt is a very challenging place for a european and even once who understands the language and the culture can still come a cropper. İf it's a relationship issue then even more important you make your research. Good luck.
beyazbayan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2013, 09:36   #10 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 21,098 Times in 7,183 Posts
shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute

Turkey can be wonderful ...but as a single woman with a child you will attract a lot of attention...its not always as it seems at first..you have to be wary..i know a lot of Turkish people wouldn't approve of a young unattached woman upping sticks to live in a strange place with a child...and no relatives around.

im sure you have already been overwhelmed by how everybody makes a fuss of your little one and this adds to the feel good factor.

The reality of living here full time is very different from a short holiday spell.
Turks are friendly and mostly genuine but in tourist areas its a superficial friendliness as everything is transient relationships are short lived ... people make a living from being hospitable.

you are looking to find a way to survive here by the rental from your home in the uk but at 500 pounds or so you will struggle if you cant find work. even if you did i dont think there would be much work for a beautician outside of the season and i can tell you the pay wouldn't be much ...and who would look after the little one if you worked the hours people work here. Then there's the language issue it takes time to learn even the basics and you need Turkish to work.

A good few years ago i met somebody just like you who came here fell in love with the place and the all fuss her two children had ..they were four and seven.. she also had her own place in the uk.she fell for the attentions of one of the boys in the hotel.She used to come to our restaurant which was opposite the hotel and chat with me about her life in the uk how the children's father had left her and other problems she had.i felt she was vulnerable.

She kept in touch with me and she came back to live here with the fellow she had met and they married . She was persuaded to sell her place in the uk and buy a place here..and the next thing was the boys mother and family moved in. The mil took over wouldnt let her do anything even if she washed her husbands clothes the mil would wash them again.. she was in control

She was so unhappy and eventually went back to the uk to live in with her mother i don't know the end of the story but im sure shes lost most of what she had

i could tell you other similar stories and equally could tell you some where things worked out ok..as in my case..ive been here a long with a good man and have been happy ive been lucky..but unlike you i wasnt young when i came and had only myself to think of as my children were grown up.

i hope you dont take offence at anything ive written nor the advice from other posters ..its well meant .
.if you do come dont burn your bridges and hang on to your property
pipermam (12th July 2013), Yildez Datca (12th July 2013)

Tags
guys , hey