Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 30th May 2017, 10:59   #1 (permalink)

russnlyn is on a distinguished road
russ\lynda

Hi there,
We are new to the forum and would just like to introduce ourself.
My name is Russell 58 years old and my wifes name is Lynda 55 years old .
We currently live in north Yorkshire in a village three miles from Selby.
We run a small engineering company in leeds. After a a great deal of consideration we have decided to take early retirement. We would like to spend our retirement in turkey. We have visited turkey many times in the
last 20 years, and of all the countries we have been, turkey has remained our
favourite by far. Ovacik is the area we would like to reside,we know the place well and have made friends with several residents ( local and ex pats)
Hopefully we will be ready to move by jan/feb next year. Over the next few months I will asking for advice on many subjects, so would like to thank in advance for any advice received.
We have decided to rent a property rather than buy, so our first question is
can anyone put us on to a website that deals with long term property rental.
Kind regards.
Rusell.
russnlyn is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to russnlyn For This Useful Post:
Spurs (30th May 2017), ted j (30th May 2017)
Old 30th May 2017, 11:07   #2 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 27,927 Times in 12,493 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: russ\lynda

Good luck , this place is a treasure trove of helpful advice from very well intentioned people.

Every happiness , wishing you well and enjoy TLF.

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
TNT123 (30th May 2017)
Old 30th May 2017, 11:43   #3 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,614 Times in 13,090 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by russnlyn View Post
Hi there,
We are new to the forum and would just like to introduce ourself.
My name is Russell 58 years old and my wifes name is Lynda 55 years old .
We currently live in north Yorkshire in a village three miles from Selby.
We run a small engineering company in leeds. After a a great deal of consideration we have decided to take early retirement. We would like to spend our retirement in turkey. We have visited turkey many times in the
last 20 years, and of all the countries we have been, turkey has remained our
favourite by far. Ovacik is the area we would like to reside,we know the place well and have made friends with several residents ( local and ex pats)
Hopefully we will be ready to move by jan/feb next year. Over the next few months I will asking for advice on many subjects, so would like to thank in advance for any advice received.
We have decided to rent a property rather than buy, so our first question is
can anyone put us on to a website that deals with long term property rental.
Kind regards.
Rusell.
Nice post.
As for renting, well if you can find someone on here & keep it "in house" it would say a lot of hassle for you.

I wish you well.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 11:51   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 20,551 Times in 10,396 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

Know Ovacik very well

Each to their own of course but imho it's absolutely dead out of season and as it's now basically part of Hisaronu- somewhat Blackpool with sun during season

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 12:14   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 2,770 Times in 1,106 Posts
Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute

What a sensible decision! Renting allows you to check out an area, gives you time to get a feel for prices etc, and allows you to pick up the local gen on where, and whom, to avoid if you decide to buy.

I've used Sahibinden, Google it, and found my previous home on there. It's in Turkish, but if you can't manage that, scroll down to the very bottom of the page, right hand side, and there's an English option.

I've been renting for 12 years now, and am on my third property. I rent unfurnished, which is generally cheaper, because I prefer to have my own things. Initially I managed with very basic items, until I knew that I was definitely staying in the property. If you want furnished, you may be able to take advantage of the current uncertainty about holiday let's, and find a bargain - post on all the ex-pat sites that you're looking for a 6 month let and I think you'll be inundated with offers!
Yildez Datca is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yildez Datca For This Useful Post:
Akasya (30th May 2017), bal canavar (30th May 2017), TNT123 (30th May 2017)
Old 30th May 2017, 12:59   #6 (permalink)
Days On The Beach in Side

Thanked 1,322 Times in 707 Posts
angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of

What a nice first post and I am sure you will love living inTurkey. I came on holiday to Side 12 years ago and have lived there ever since. Atfirst I stayed all year and had to get a Residency Permit but what a lot of hassle that was and very expensive too. You have to get Turkish health insurance for it too and that cost me 1800 TL for one year when I was 64 years old with Ankara Sigorta...which was aboutthe cheapest. You also must show at least 8000 Dollars in your bank account each year. Now that I have a partner who has a house in Wales, we just get n E-visa for 90 days. We spend 3 months in Cardiff, then 3 months in Turkey, then 3 months in Cardiff and 3 months in Turkey.

For long term rentals in Ovacik look here = https://www.facebook.com/groups/923252611100171/ and https://www.turkeyagain.co.uk/search...ility.longterm and https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/renta...qZgaAu5q8P8HAQ
angelaturkey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to angelaturkey For This Useful Post:
Akasya (30th May 2017)
Old 30th May 2017, 14:03   #7 (permalink)
“Je suis l'humanité.”

Thanked 15,284 Times in 6,059 Posts
bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Russ and Lynda hope you enjoy your retirement and good thinking in renting before you decide.... happy posting ...
bal canavar is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 15:04   #8 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Thanked 12,550 Times in 4,914 Posts
kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute kibris has a reputation beyond repute

A very warm welcome to you and very sensıble of you to rent! You may also fınd very reasonable aparthotels to stay ın whılst you are lookıng you can get these for as lıttle as 50 lıra per nıght ıncludıng breakfast.
kibris is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 15:49   #9 (permalink)

russnlyn is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all your prompt replies. And thank you for making us welcome to this forum.I'm sure that the information we receive over the coming months from your contributors, will give us an insight to life and living in Turkey. Our decision to spend our retirement in Turkey has been carefully thought out over the last three years. I am all too aware that holidaying in a country and living in the country are a world apart.we will be completely breaking ties with the UK. So it is imperative that we get things right.
Thanks again, I'll be back soon with more questions.
Regards
Russ.
russnlyn is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to russnlyn For This Useful Post:
bal canavar (30th May 2017), saoirse (30th May 2017)
Old 30th May 2017, 20:39   #10 (permalink)

margaret has a spectacular aura about margaret has a spectacular aura about margaret has a spectacular aura about

Hello Russ and welcome to the Forum.
margaret is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
russlynda