Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 20th August 2014, 10:02   #1 (permalink)

ladymayor is on a distinguished road
Solicitors in Kalkan

Hello everyone,
We are newbies buying a somewhat derelict property in Kalamar though having read some of the stories on the forum I am a little apprehensive!
There aren't any recent threads on solicitors, we have found one in Kalkan whom I won't name as I am not sure I am allowed to but I have just had some quotes back for various tasks and they do seem very expensive. Are legal fees generally high or is it just this individual? To be fair he does seem efficient and has pointed out various things I wasn't aware of so is clearly looking out for us but I would like some reassurance.....
Secondly we may have to knock the house down and restart as there are lots of add-ons to the building that look rather suspect. The solicitor has pointed out that he offers a service of monthly inspections by various professionals as in civil engineers/ surveyors etc who would provide reports on the property, rather like a planning inspector in UK I assume and also that would be useful in the future when selling......may I have your collective thoughts on this too please. Naturally it all comes at a cost, I suppose we could find individual experts by word of mouth, may be this is the easy way out, however we are in UK which makes it harder....
Many thanks
Lady Mayor( the house is being bought from the estate of a mayor from a neighbouring province hence its' name and my title which comes with it, always wanted to sound grand!!!)
ladymayor is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 20th August 2014, 10:10   #2 (permalink)

LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold
Re: Solicitors in Kalkan

Whatever you do get an independent lawyer from as far away from Kalkan as you can get. I have lived there and know that it is a small village where everyone knows everyone else and they will not work against anyone for you. They will most definitely not be independent.
LauraB is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 11:38   #3 (permalink)

Thanks, I will have a look.
ladymayor is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 13:42   #4 (permalink)

hobbo will become famous soon enough

PM sent.
hobbo is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 10:19   #5 (permalink)
The Golden Girls

Thanked 1,543 Times in 640 Posts
Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future

There is a very good solicitors in Fethiye called Everythinglegal, they have a website. I would agree that Kalkan is a small town and all business people know each other, I think therefore it is better to have someone who doesn't have a connection.
Old 21st August 2014, 11:21   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 10,421 Times in 4,163 Posts
tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymayor View Post
Hello everyone,
We are newbies buying a somewhat derelict property in Kalamar though having read some of the stories on the forum I am a little apprehensive!
There aren't any recent threads on solicitors, we have found one in Kalkan whom I won't name as I am not sure I am allowed to but I have just had some quotes back for various tasks and they do seem very expensive. Are legal fees generally high or is it just this individual? To be fair he does seem efficient and has pointed out various things I wasn't aware of so is clearly looking out for us but I would like some reassurance.....
Secondly we may have to knock the house down and restart as there are lots of add-ons to the building that look rather suspect. The solicitor has pointed out that he offers a service of monthly inspections by various professionals as in civil engineers/ surveyors etc who would provide reports on the property, rather like a planning inspector in UK I assume and also that would be useful in the future when selling......may I have your collective thoughts on this too please. Naturally it all comes at a cost, I suppose we could find individual experts by word of mouth, may be this is the easy way out, however we are in UK which makes it harder....
Many thanks
Lady Mayor( the house is being bought from the estate of a mayor from a neighbouring province hence its' name and my title which comes with it, always wanted to sound grand!!!)
Based on 10 years of dealing with 'legal bods' in the Fethiye area, the only lawyer I feel I could recommend based solely on results achieved, in some very difficult & complicated cases & 'to date' no negative feedback, is Sule Beder.

English Speaking Lawyer in Fethiye | Beder Law Office

I definitely wouldn't recommend any of the 5 'lawyers' + I from Dalyan, I unfortunately encountered! & that's after I managed to side-step at least 4/5 wrong-uns who didn't get past the starting mark

Your situation sounds a bit complicated, you need someone who knows what they're doing & has the teeth to do it, good luck.
tintagel is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tintagel For This Useful Post:
Ceni (29th August 2014), LauraB (21st August 2014), shirleyanntr (29th August 2014)
Old 21st August 2014, 15:16   #7 (permalink)

LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold

Yes I agree Tintagel. Şule Beder is excellent.
LauraB is online now send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LauraB For This Useful Post:
tintagel (21st August 2014)
Old 22nd August 2014, 14:28   #8 (permalink)

Thank you all for your help, we are committed to one thing with this solicitor and then we say farewell, should have done research earlier but better late than never!
It is so nice that everyone tries to help restores one's faith in human nature.
Lady Mayor
ladymayor is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ladymayor For This Useful Post:
tintagel (22nd August 2014)
Old 29th August 2014, 09:01   #9 (permalink)

chivchiv is on a distinguished road

Use NO solicitor in Kalkan when dealing in property there.
As one post said this place is a village and everybody knows each other or are related. Solicitors in Turkey will gossip your business to anyone who will listen

Quite a few people in Kalkan use the woman solicitor in Kas. Don't touch her with a barge pole, she charges double the accepted amount and is a spitful bully. I ordered her out of a Kas courtroom when she offered to translate after being totally dreadful to me.

Also, don't use Seclin Arkan/Antalya he is on the FCO lists of English speaking solicitors he is a down right crook.

Don't trust those FCO lists anyway.

Beware of property developers in Kalkan MEHMET ALI and EYP OZDIMIR and that dreadful Ada guy who owns ADDA Cars/Tours started in his silver shop 'Just Silver' and has built an empire on British women's money, same goes for any of the Kaska brothers.

You sound like you are ripe for a ripe off, sorry to say that and your project could be fraught with difficulties. Please, please be careful I nearly lost 300,000 in real estate in Kalkan and Fethiye and it has taken ten years of my life.

The British ex-pats are worse than the Turks/Kurds. Yes, you know who you are.

Forgot, another pack of wolves, Christine and Dermuza? her husband been ripping off for years.

I never want anyone to go through what I did. Please don't think Kalkan is this sleepy little holiday paradise it is shark infested waters. Good Luck. Contact me if you want.
chivchiv is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chivchiv For This Useful Post:
Ceni (29th August 2014), LauraB (29th August 2014), shirleyanntr (29th August 2014), tintagel (29th August 2014)
Old 29th August 2014, 11:42   #10 (permalink)
Ceni

Thanked 2,548 Times in 783 Posts
Ceni has a reputation beyond repute Ceni has a reputation beyond repute Ceni has a reputation beyond repute Ceni has a reputation beyond repute Ceni has a reputation beyond repute Ceni has a reputation beyond repute Ceni has a reputation beyond repute Ceni has a reputation beyond repute Ceni has a reputation beyond repute Ceni has a reputation beyond repute Ceni has a reputation beyond repute

I can't for the life of me remember the names involved but I heard a few years back that there was a group in the kalkan area ( maybe extended) of about 6 males and one pretended to be the landowner, one was the legal side, one a builder, one was supposedly in local planning (lol) and between them and their various pretend occupations, they got a real good living ripping the cash out of anyone who crossed their path...

Please be very careful who you do business with it can turn out to ruin your life, I speak from experience!
LauraB (29th August 2014), shirleyanntr (29th August 2014), tintagel (29th August 2014)

Tags
kalkan , solicitors