FORUM
  Home
  Forums
  Photo Gallery
  TLF Donations
  Forum Rules
  Register
  LINKS
  Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 1st September 2006, 21:16   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
falconeye's Avatar
 

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
falconeye is on a distinguished road
property/rental management Kalkan

Who have you used for property/rental management in Kalkan?

What should I look out for and how much should I expect to pay for the service?

Unfortunately I don't have the time (or possibly the confidence) to manage the rental myself so, at least for the first season, I want to put it in the hands of a reliable service.

Has anybody got the latest information on the ski resort which I believe is being planned about an hour from Kalkan?

Falcon-I
falconeye is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 1st September 2006, 22:19   #2 (permalink)
JoanH
 

Thanks: 6
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
JoanH is on a distinguished road
Re: property/rental management Kalkan

Hi Falcon-I, Can you be a little more specific as to what kind of service you want?
Do you want a swimming pool service, gardens maintained, cleaning and preparing for you and or guests, keeping an eye and checking when you are not there?

I do not know about a new ski centre, but there is one which is 3 hours from Fetiye and 2 hours from Antalya in Isparta. www.davrasskicenter.com/resimler.html

Last edited by JoanH; 1st September 2006 at 22:31..
JoanH is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 00:02   #3 (permalink)
Just a member
 
lewismark's Avatar
 

Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
lewismark is a jewel in the rough lewismark is a jewel in the rough lewismark is a jewel in the rough
Re: property/rental management Kalkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconeye
Who have you used for property/rental management in Kalkan?

What should I look out for and how much should I expect to pay for the service?

Unfortunately I don't have the time (or possibly the confidence) to manage the rental myself so, at least for the first season, I want to put it in the hands of a reliable service.

Has anybody got the latest information on the ski resort which I believe is being planned about an hour from Kalkan?

Falcon-I
Be sure you haven't been given false promises about renting out your apartment or false expectant prices you should be getting, the rental market really isn't as big as some Agents claim, Look on some of the Agents web sites and see how many they have for rent, most of them have a BIG fat ZERO, (Bryns for one does anyway last time i looked 12 mths ago) and the ones which do have some, ask to speak to the owners so you can have the truth from them how much they have received from rental, the agent will 9 times out of 10 give you misleading figures.
Also be sure to have an agent you trust and perhaps someone who can oversee what the agent is doing because if you are not going to be in Turkey whilst your apartment is been rented out, some Agents rent it out to their friends but tell you they are still trying to find some one to rent it.
Isn't that right Bryn??
Good luck

Good luck
__________________
Mark

Last edited by lewismark; 2nd September 2006 at 00:05..
lewismark is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 00:07   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
falconeye's Avatar
 

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
falconeye is on a distinguished road
Re: property/rental management Kalkan

Hi JoanH

Its really only for cleaning, laundry and general guest's needs. The swimming pool and gardens are already maintained under a shared scheme with the other two apartments.

Thanx for the link to the ski resort - I shall check it out.
falconeye is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 00:09   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
falconeye's Avatar
 

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
falconeye is on a distinguished road
Re: property/rental management Kalkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewismark
Be sure you haven't been given false promises about renting out your apartment or false expectant prices you should be getting, the rental market really isn't as big as some Agents claim, Look on some of the Agents web sites and see how many they have for rent, most of them have a BIG fat ZERO, (Bryns for one does anyway last time i looked 12 mths ago) and the ones which do have some, ask to speak to the owners so you can have the truth from them how much they have received from rental, the agent will 9 times out of 10 give you misleading figures.
Also be sure to have an agent you trust and perhaps someone who can oversee what the agent is doing because if you are not going to be in Turkey whilst your apartment is been rented out, some Agents rent it out to their friends but tell you they are still trying to find some one to rent it.
Isn't that right Bryn??
Good luck

Good luck
Sounds as though you have had your fingers burnt a little somewhere along the line?
falconeye is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 00:20   #6 (permalink)
Just a member
 
lewismark's Avatar
 

Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
lewismark is a jewel in the rough lewismark is a jewel in the rough lewismark is a jewel in the rough
Re: property/rental management Kalkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconeye
Sounds as though you have had your fingers burnt a little somewhere along the line?
Ive come close, its what i hear from clients who have aproached me to find out what can be done after the event, and what i have found out by poseing as a buyer to find out many many scams which are in full swing all over Turkey,
I came across the rental one by accident, after i met an English woman who had bought an apartment at the end of my road, when she went back to UK a Turkish couple moved into her apartment, next time i saw her 3 months later she said the agent couldnt find anyone to rent it, i had to tell her it had been rented and the agent obviously pocketed the money himself.
__________________
Mark
lewismark is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kalkan , management , property or rental


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
property/rental management Kalkan falconeye Kalkan Forum 6 4th July 2008 14:00
Property management company Dean William Estate Agents - A Necessary Evil ?? 2 9th February 2008 09:02
Sunshine Property Management bodruman Sponsored Forum (Adverts) 0 29th December 2007 07:21
Rental management philly45 Kalkan Forum 14 17th July 2007 13:24
Kalkan crime wave tashla Kalkan Forum 30 21st February 2007 01:45



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:34.
TurkishLiving.com tested by Norton Internet Security TurkishLiving.com tested by McAfee Internet Security
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Style Provided By: Wrestling Clique - Wrestling Forums
TurkishLiving.com


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155