FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Koycegiz Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st July 2010, 13:30   #1 (permalink)
Emlak Real Estate

EgeProperty is on a distinguished road
Turkish for foreign students

The loacal education centre in Koycegiz is starting enrolements for the 'Turkish as a second Language' course.

This 4 months course will offer 150 hours of tuitin leading to a Turkish recognised qualification.

The Koycegiz Halk Egitim is a government education establishment staffed by Turkish teaching staff.

The total cost of the course will be the standard 150 TL that is paid direct to the Halk Egitim account at T.C. Ziraat Bankasi.

İ am involved with this purely as a service to people because the government does not pay coms (i say this to alleviate being accused of financial gain in some way) and İ was asked to arrange something by my British friends.

If you wish to contact me regarding this then PM me and İ can give you further info. İ would put my tel number here but not sure if that would breach rules.

On the successful completion of the course you will recieve the government recognised certificate.

This will probably be of interest to those Dalyan, Dalaman or Ortaca because it means travelling to Ortaca 3 times a week to attend.
EgeProperty is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EgeProperty For This Useful Post:
Kirpi (1st July 2010), Lindacm (1st July 2010), Pete&Mag (2nd July 2010), RedBloodedHound (1st July 2010)
Old 1st July 2010, 14:59   #2 (permalink)

de1amo is a splendid one to behold de1amo is a splendid one to behold de1amo is a splendid one to behold de1amo is a splendid one to behold de1amo is a splendid one to behold de1amo is a splendid one to behold de1amo is a splendid one to behold
Re: Turkish for foreign students

i run a language course well away from the resorts .We have Government sponsored courses for Turks learning English in the Borough--they have huge numbers in each class--whats the limit on these?-to give decent education we limit things to 15
de1amo is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 15:33   #3 (permalink)
PostPositive

Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,156 Posts
RedBloodedHound has disabled reputation

Thank you Lutfi,

Very useful.

Robin.
RedBloodedHound is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 16:16   #4 (permalink)
Emlak Real Estate

EgeProperty is on a distinguished road

The course is looking to have 12 to 15 if more are interested then the course will split, realistically though İ doubt that would happen because experience says that classes of foreign students reduce in numbers quite quickly for various reasons.

İt is a shame that quite a few courses that have been put together in other areas from private persons or establishments have had a high drop out rate, that is why we would all meet up before the course starts to talk through peoples expectations and making sure it is something they feel comfortable with and as it is not a private course run for profit there will be no reason for false expectations. I myself will not have ınvolvement other than getting like minded people to form a group of students because Turkish is my mother tongue and I am studying advanced English at present.

You can not compare foreign students here that are made up of ex pats the same way you would compare classes made up of local Turks because motivations are different and probably the age groups as well.

İf anyone is interested then when we have a pre meet and greet there will be a question and answer session.

Last edited by EgeProperty; 1st July 2010 at 16:23..
EgeProperty is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 16:30   #5 (permalink)

de1amo is a splendid one to behold de1amo is a splendid one to behold de1amo is a splendid one to behold de1amo is a splendid one to behold de1amo is a splendid one to behold de1amo is a splendid one to behold de1amo is a splendid one to behold

we teach a lot of older turks and they seem highly motivated--they want to travel and make the most of their time abroad-no matter what the level i cant speak turkish so they have to stck with the pressure of full emersion-my wife and the turkish teachers also teach in english and it is the dominant language-it works and we have built a good reputation with many returning students.
i have tried studying spanish as a foreign language in barcelona with people from all over the world and as soon as the teacher turns his/her back everyone reverts to English as the common language--if we teach foreign students turkish we recommend one to one with a turkish native who is properly qualified--not just a teacher who is turkish-the teacher can speak English but controls the lesson because it is direct learning
Old 1st July 2010, 18:14   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 14,062 Times in 5,367 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by de1amo View Post
if we teach foreign students turkish we recommend one to one with a turkish native who is properly qualifiedg
and you price this at 1 TL per hour and the student has a state recognised qualification at the end of it? If the answer is yes then can I book a place on it now please.

The course here is a 150 hr course for 150 TL and is at the local education centre and is being run to the education curriculum.

I can suggest quite a few ways I could have got my education quicker and better if my parents could have afforded 1 to 1 tuition etc etc but they couldn't and I didn't.

So if i can have my 150 hrs and my certificate for anything like nearing this offer from egeproperty can you book me in please. If not can you tell me the likely cost of using your system for 150 hours, then I can do a true comparison.

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 18:30   #7 (permalink)

from what i see of kids and adults that have gone through the establishment for language education in turkey they have basically wasted their time and albeit little money--the certificate will entitle you to having a pretty framed piece of paper on your wall to show the grandkids-i teach university students at this time of year who cant string together a basic sentence in English after 10 years of being taught in the state schools--i asked one yesterday --what do you do? he looked at me and replied izmir--if you want educating in turkey you have to pay serious money or ....
Old 1st July 2010, 18:38   #8 (permalink)

bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickern View Post
can you tell me the likely cost of using your system for 150 hours, then I can do a true comparison.
in case you missed that bit

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
Old 1st July 2010, 18:47   #9 (permalink)

you obviously cant afford our rates so pay 150tl -where you are is a world away from city life and costs--we pay the teacher 50tl an hour so your 1tl an hour would just about pay for a cleaner here to teach you.-we have enough turkish students who can afford us. İf we teach foreigners they are generally scandinavians who value languages well taught.
Old 1st July 2010, 18:57   #10 (permalink)

I can't afford a few thing same as a lot of people in the world.

What about posting the likely costs of your system so the forum as a whole can compare, then they may understand your comments and motives in relationship to egeproperty post a bit more clearly.

Someone who may be interested in taking a course and can afford your rates can heed your advice a bit better when you actually mention the price you are advocating someone pays. :-) LOL

Muhammad Ali

Last edited by bickern; 1st July 2010 at 19:01..

Tags
foreign , students , turkish