FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > The Local Market

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th May 2011, 08:47   #1 (permalink)

shazeroo is a name known to all shazeroo is a name known to all shazeroo is a name known to all shazeroo is a name known to all shazeroo is a name known to all shazeroo is a name known to all
Two Fabulous Folding Kayaks for Sale - Gumusluk

We have 2 Pakboat Puffin Swift folding kayaks for sale, one green, one blue. We originally imported them from the States and they are both in excellent condition. It is hard to explain the concept, but basically you slot the lightweight aluminium frame together, stretch the skin over the frame, put air into the side pockets and away you go. An extract from test describes them as follows.... “Folding kayaks are amazing boats. They are the descendants of ancient boats made of animal skins stretched over frames made from wood and bones, and combine modern technology with this ancient design. They’re incredibly seaworthy, they can travel in small packages with you in a compact car, they can be paddled, sailed, rowed, and even powered, if you like. They can be taken out in weather that would send far larger boats back to port. They’re used by the military forces of many nations for their stealth and portability. And they’re fun.” which sums them up perfectly. We have taken them for hours along the Gumusluk coast and once got caught out when we stopped at the beach for lunch and the weather changed, so we came back in quite rough seas – and were amazed how well they handled it. The website for detailed information about size, performance, construction, etc is Welcome to Pakboats - Folding Canoes and Kayaks and the models we have are Puffin Swifts. We have various accessories too – repair kits, life jackets, paddles, spray covers, etc. The cost new for the Swift is US$ 940 (around £620.00) from the States and we also had to pay import duties, but they are a lot more expensive to buy in the UK. They have since come on the plane with us from Ireland to the UK and then to Turkey and as they only weigh 11.8 kilos each (a bit more with the oars, etc) it is easy to take them anywhere – I have always wanted to take them to Venice to paddle round the canals! I have a snippet of my husband kayaking along the Gumusluk coast on YouTube at YouTube - ‪Kayaking in Gumusluk‬‏ and a slightly longer video of him setting off from Gumusluk harbour at YouTube - ‪John in his Kayak‬‏ …. but there are a lot of other better videos from other people if you do a general search for PakBoats or folding kayaks (not to be confused with inflatable kayaks – these are high performance, high tech, seaworthy crafts). Amazingly, they pack down into a small soft travel bag and they will both fit into the boot of a car and -once you get the hang of assembly - they only take 15-20 mins each to prepare. We are selling them for £350 each, and we are in Gumusluk (Bodrum Peninsular) for collection. Please PM me if you have any questions! Best wishes, Shazeroo
shazeroo is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 19th May 2011, 09:01   #2 (permalink)
Living in Gumusluk

karios is a splendid one to behold karios is a splendid one to behold karios is a splendid one to behold karios is a splendid one to behold karios is a splendid one to behold karios is a splendid one to behold karios is a splendid one to behold
Re: Two Fabulous Folding Kayaks for Sale - Gumusluk

They look and sound great fun, I'm sure people would have hours of pleasure from these.
Good luck with the sale.
karios is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 09:13   #3 (permalink)

shazeroo is a name known to all shazeroo is a name known to all shazeroo is a name known to all shazeroo is a name known to all shazeroo is a name known to all shazeroo is a name known to all

...yes, they are excellent - we love them! Meanwhile, on another matter, I have just emailed you.... because I am relunctantly going to be dragged (kicking and screaming) into the 21st century because in order to sell the house - as you so rightly said - we realise that we have to bite the bullet and get a phone! I hate the things, but sense has prevailed and we realise we need to be contactable for viewings and so forth - so I have sent you an email to ask advice on how to get up and running - probably with Turkcell I think? Back to the Kayaks...... having a tel. no. will obviously also be a help for selling them too... and if you are interested, let us know and we will bring them down for you to try - I can picture you paddling up the coast with Mavi and Dillon sitting on the bow!!
shazeroo is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 13:17   #4 (permalink)

Hi again, we have not had any response... probably because of the price which might sound steep! However, they are actually an excellent bargain at this price... and if anyone does want them, we would definitely be open to offers!
Old 19th June 2011, 11:44   #5 (permalink)

Goeker is on a distinguished road

Hi, just found your proposal. Are the kayaks still available? Did you get a telephone Connection meanwhile? If you have a mobile phone - a hazir kart would be an easy prepaid solution. Would it be of any help to send you my number? Hope to hear from you, Cheers, Erol
Goeker is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 12:46   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goeker View Post
Hi, just found your proposal. Are the kayaks still available? Did you get a telephone Connection meanwhile? If you have a mobile phone - a hazir kart would be an easy prepaid solution. Would it be of any help to send you my number? Hope to hear from you, Cheers, Erol
Hi Erol... yes, they are still available - and yes, we finally got a mobile phone! It is a Turkcell mobile and I will send you a PM with our number right now. Best wishes, Shazeroo
Old 19th June 2011, 17:26   #7 (permalink)
CJD

CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of

Hi are these still available? I wish I'd notced them when you first advertised
them I probably missed them cause we were out in Turkey then
Old 19th June 2011, 17:29   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD View Post
Hi are these still available? I wish I'd notced them when you first advertised
them I probably missed them cause we were out in Turkey then
Hi Carol - we have someone coming to see them tomorrow so I will update after they have been to let you know if they are still available if that's OK? Best wishes, Sharon
The Following User Says Thank You to shazeroo For This Useful Post:
CJD (20th June 2011)
Old 20th June 2011, 20:19   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeroo View Post
Hi again, we have not had any response... probably because of the price which might sound steep! However, they are actually an excellent bargain at this price... and if anyone does want them, we would definitely be open to offers!
...just to clarify, by open to offers, I meant a price reduction of 5-10% or thereabouts. They are already priced extremely low (if you check the internet for them you can verify this) and we would rather keep them ourselves than give them away too cheaply (we are only selling as our house is for sale and we want to get rid of as much as we can before we sell). We had a very nice guy come to view them today and he has gone away to think about whether or not he wants to buy one of them... but he only wants one so either one or possibly both are still For Sale at this time.
Best wishes,
Shazeroo
- Info. & Photo Slideshow

Last edited by shazeroo; 20th June 2011 at 20:20.. Reason: add text
Old 23rd June 2011, 19:00   #10 (permalink)

olly1 is on a distinguished road

Do they come with Pak pods??

Cheers
Olly
olly1 is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
fabulous , folding , gumusluk , kayaks , sale