Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 20th May 2010, 22:48   #11 (permalink)

Thanked 8,588 Times in 3,606 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone going to the Pyramids

I cant quite fathom this, I presume you have all paid deposits (if not in full) and the builder cant afford to finish the project, if that is the case where will he get the extra money he now implies that he requires to finish it?

Surely the money that has already been given to them should be suffice to keep the development going.

Why would he need extra cash to continue?

This looks like the usual delay tactics so extort more money before the real problems surface.

In my opinion.
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 23:01   #12 (permalink)

Thanked 10,116 Times in 2,933 Posts
Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute

Andy and Davo, the extra money you gave to progress your build, since no further progress was forthcoming - where does that now leave you ?

I too would be worried about further delays.

As I am not familiar with your complex, are any of the apts/villas finished and does anyone have their Tapu etc ?

If you feel something is wrong please do try to get independent advice and checks done, delays are something which should be avoided.

Things may be fine and I do not want to alarm you or suggest anything untoward but many problems abound at the minute and allowing precious time to pass without addressing things is very very wrong.
Tess is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 23:32   #13 (permalink)
Picnic basket raider

Yogi is a splendid one to behold Yogi is a splendid one to behold Yogi is a splendid one to behold Yogi is a splendid one to behold Yogi is a splendid one to behold Yogi is a splendid one to behold Yogi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
As I am not familiar with your complex, are any of the apts/villas finished and does anyone have their Tapu etc ?
Hi Tess,

The complex is in 2 phases, phase 1 is apartments which are complete. I am lucky enough to own one of these, some people even have their Tapu's although to get them we have had to pay extra (held to ransom springs to mind). I am going out on the 26th and am picking mine up then.
Phase 2 is 20odd? Villas, a few of which are finished and occupied but the majority are not finished and several are still just a concrete base. They should all have been finshed 2? years ago.
There were plans for a Phase 3 and the developer does already own the land for this but I can't see this happening, ever.

I think everything will be finished eventually and when it is it will be a very good complex (one of the best in the area), but people have stumped up extra cash in these difficult times and in most cases have nothing to show for it. I am not in as difficult a situation as others and everyone (to my knowledge) has so far been very understanding and patient, I get the feeling this patientence is starting to wear very thin now!

Yogi
Yogi is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 23:42   #14 (permalink)

Thanked 10,116 Times in 2,933 Posts
Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute

Ransom I am afraid Yogi is a familiar term to me, good wishes to get your Tapu when you are next over.

2 years late on completion is a long time.
Times are difficult for everyone I understand that but the folks who have been understanding and patient, now need in my honest opinion to be less understanding, ask pertinent and definite questions, listen to no more plausible excuses and start shouting.
I think if things follow in this vein more and more will be asked of them and that only means being asked to part more cash. Totally unacceptable.

Thank you Yogi for making things clearer - good wishes to finalise your apt.
Tess is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 09:08   #15 (permalink)

Gunners is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instructor View Post
Hi Karen and John, first of all welcome to the forum. Its a great place to share information and brilliant for any advice or concerns.

How long will you be spending in Akbuk? Its been a pain waiting for the villas to complete but thank god we are getting there!

Sal
Hi
We are staying in Altinkum as own an apartment there (Deniz Court). Were out in Feb and really disappointed in progress since August '09 so going out again to see Ayhan as he was in the UK last visit. I think if Ayhan had sent out regular updates we would have felt better informed upfront instead of having to push for info....makes you nervous!!!! We have found Sharon really great she has sorted everything from transfers,free stay and furnishing. The good thing I guess is that Turkey is really popular curently due to not being in the Euro and long term if airport,golf,Tesco-Kipa all arriving a great investment.....fingers crossed....
Going back out August 5th-22nd with the whole family...watch out Akbuk.

Hope to meet up with you some time

Karen and John
Gunners is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 21:33   #16 (permalink)

Instructor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunners View Post
Hi
We are staying in Altinkum as own an apartment there (Deniz Court). Were out in Feb and really disappointed in progress since August '09 so going out again to see Ayhan as he was in the UK last visit. I think if Ayhan had sent out regular updates we would have felt better informed upfront instead of having to push for info....makes you nervous!!!! We have found Sharon really great she has sorted everything from transfers,free stay and furnishing. The good thing I guess is that Turkey is really popular curently due to not being in the Euro and long term if airport,golf,Tesco-Kipa all arriving a great investment.....fingers crossed....
Going back out August 5th-22nd with the whole family...watch out Akbuk.

Hope to meet up with you some time

Karen and John
Hi Karen and John, It would be lovely to meet up with you both. I hope to take my family over in September for a week and will be out there with my Dad in three weeks time to look at furniture and essentials if all goes well with villa! Its been a long wait but it is nearing the end and will be a superb complex when finalised.

Sal
Instructor is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
pyramids