Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 23rd May 2005, 23:48   #1 (permalink)
LİVİNG İN PARADİSE

madturkishcow will become famous soon enough
Just another day in paradise....

How many of you remember the Phil Collins hit, ‘Just another day in Paradise?' The line ‘Oh Saturday night' and I am checking what is on TV, a decent book to read or whenever my Internet connection is up and running. Yes, I like to wiggle and shimmy, have a few drinks and let my hair down, meet up with friends and have a good gossip and all things normal people do to relax at the weekend.

Unfortunately, Hisaronu and to an extent Ovacik has been overtaken by mindless Brits who have one thing in common and that is to show the Turkish people what a bunch of, ill-mannered, crass idiots we have become. I have no problem with those who have a few drinks and good naturedly banter and joke with the Turks, or those that are obviously the worse for wear and can be seen attempting to stand horizontal, whilst the friend, partner, wife propels them in the direction of home. Hey, they are on holiday.

My problem is with those that descend on a bar or club, shout because they think the Turks cannot understand them (not surprising with the amount of booze they put away) and draw attention to themselves, as only the Brits can. It is a disease that is virulent; affecting not just the younger generation but all sexes and ages.

With the male, the symptoms begin with wearing shorts, trainers and nothing else. A shaven head and numerous tattoos normally appear at the onset. This is accompanied by a usually hairy beer belly (8-9 months pregnant size). Female symptoms are even easier to spot and a lobster red skin, longish bleached blonde hair, the contents of Selfridges Max Factor slap counter, a piece of material (known amongst the younger generation as a top) which is worn somewhere in the middle of the body, allowing the breasts to take someone's eye out and a matching belt. 3-4 inch heels on which one can totter completes the symptoms.

With this disease, the voice raises a few hundred decibels, the language spews out as gutter or just profanity and the sufferer has delusions that they are important. One sad and regretful symptom is that a kiddie or two are usually included in the group.
It is not Saturday night in Paradise; in fact no night now is Paradise. I cringe when I see them coming, avoid my favourite haunts in season and sadly admit that I do not admit ever, to being British. Yes, if you are here on holiday please let your hair down, after all you have more than likely worked hard all year to afford your precious two weeks, but please avoid catching the disease. I am British, live here all year round and know a lot of Turkish people very well. I go out of my way to show them that apart from my place of birth, I am no different to them. Sadly whilst the Turks are very patriotic and moralistic Britain as a nation seems hell bent on enforcing the idea that we are all are mindless morons.
madturkishcow is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 23rd May 2005, 23:56   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 7,600 Times in 3,155 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with you entirely on the above. I only hope the Turkish authorities get this in hand before it gets out of hand, look what happens in spain! and also in Cyprus Aiyanapa (spelling)much better to nip it in the bud.
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2005, 02:42   #3 (permalink)

puma will become famous soon enough
why go to turkey or spain ,i see this every friday and saturday in our town and god help us if we go for a meal to our local turkish or indian restaurants
puma is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2005, 02:43   #4 (permalink)
Non Active Mmember

Navan is on a distinguished road
lol MTC

You have such a way with words!!!! I am only guilty of one of the above and my handsome hubby says my voice gets higher as the gin settles with my tuc crackers and strong cheddar cheese as I relax in the garden or when in Turkey....on the terrace. I don't mouth off and if I did I'm certain I would be thrown in to a taxi if not divorced!!

Anna
Navan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2005, 03:08   #5 (permalink)
Mag

Mag is a splendid one to behold Mag is a splendid one to behold Mag is a splendid one to behold Mag is a splendid one to behold Mag is a splendid one to behold Mag is a splendid one to behold
MTC, totally agree. If you want to act as you may do at home, why go away? When in Rome (Turkey!) and all that. Anna, also agree, if not the nearest taxi, certainly the roof of the nearest Dolmus,divorced and exiled back to Ireland! What a nightmare!
Mag is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2005, 03:31   #6 (permalink)

Trevor will become famous soon enough
I'll tell you what ticked me off when I was in the bars in Altinkum - the Brits who live there shouting 'I live here, I want a special price, I'm not paying tourist prices' It sounded really arrogant.

Lesley
Trevor is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2005, 09:53   #7 (permalink)
Completely Chillaxed

Thanked 2,212 Times in 1,027 Posts
KKOB has a reputation beyond repute KKOB has a reputation beyond repute KKOB has a reputation beyond repute KKOB has a reputation beyond repute KKOB has a reputation beyond repute KKOB has a reputation beyond repute KKOB has a reputation beyond repute KKOB has a reputation beyond repute KKOB has a reputation beyond repute KKOB has a reputation beyond repute KKOB has a reputation beyond repute
MTC,

You're obviously referring to the Dobbers and the SSSers.

We're proud to be TURKLISH. A long way from mastering the TURKish but don't want to be EngLISH.

Isn't it funny how so many of the Turkish lads want to go to England. And, the few that have been there, don't want to go there again?
KKOB is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2005, 11:56   #8 (permalink)

jeanne will become famous soon enough
Jen,

Will it not be worse this weekend? I'm sure around this time the Hisar festival is on. Last year you couldn't move because of the howds of people.

During the day we found it a lovely place to walk around, but at the night it mostly certainley does come alive. We were there in May/June so what must it be like in July/Aug

It also doesn't help when you have certain apartments competing with each other to see who can have the loudest music on
jeanne is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2005, 13:26   #9 (permalink)
LİVİNG İN PARADİSE

Hi Jeanne
I think most of the entertainment is in the day, but the attraction will most certainly bring swarms of the undesirables into Hisar saturday night
July/August does become worse(If that is possible)and that is when I usually get into hot water.[}]
The male of the species assume because you are English you want to talk or rather shout back at them and the female that you are an obstacle in their race to get laid(excuse my common expression!)[:0]by as many Turks as possible.
Last year in the Zombie,I had to be dragged away from a pint size bimbo who managed to whack me with her handbag and pour her beer all over me.Why did she pick on me? I was dancing with a male friend who happened to be Turkish and I suppose to her bedding material.She was very lucky not to get my Argoose hot pink stilleto embedded in her beer soaked little brain.
I have noticed this year,that the Turkish men are begining to wake up and smell the coffee.Apart from the famous Bar men who quite frankly behave in the same manner, only not getting drunk, the average Turkish boy/man on the street now stay well away from these screaming harpies.
Vordemont admits to despising them and hating english girls in particular. Lol if I point out that I am English, he says No you are not one of them.The general opinon on the street is they are ok for jiggy jig but then they walk.Preferbably 10 mins later.
Heheee, I refer to the girls/women as Eiffels.[}][8D]
madturkishcow is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2005, 13:33   #10 (permalink)
LİVİNG İN PARADİSE

Hi Navan & Mag
OOOh now is this an Irish affliction? I ask because I was with a turkish friend at a party and one of the british (Irish) female guests expressed her interest in him.She was with her partner and I thought she was playing with fire.As the night wore on,her voice got higher and higher until she was screeching like a banishee. It was hilarous
Poor Recep who earlier had been very interested in his admirer, sat there looking miserable and muttering 'OH my god' I don't want to know, please don't give her my phone number!'[}][8D]
madturkishcow is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
day , paradise