Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 16th April 2006, 10:08   #1 (permalink)
LİVİNG İN PARADİSE

madturkishcow will become famous soon enough
Wink Moving On Part 06

'If you go down to Esenköy today, you are in for a big surprise, todays the day the mad cow gets her windows!' When Recep picked me up the following morning he told me that he had already been to the house and that the windows were in. Knowing that Recep is prone to the Turkish habit of exaggeration I simply said great. As we drove to Esenköy we passed the 'WinHouse' lorry going back to Fethiye. I didn't believe they had finished already, but before I could voice my opinion, Recep reversed as did the workmen. It transpired that all the windows were in except for the patio door and shower screen. They were en-route to the shop to have lunch, pick up the screen and patio door and would return in the afternoon to seal all the windows and remove more concrete to fit the patio door. Satisfied with the progress, we left them to enjoy their well earned lunch.

When we pulled up outside the house, the transformation was incredible. What had before looked like a dreary, dowdy 'run of the mill dwelling' now seemed to stand proud with it's new white PVC windows. I was thrilled to bits and couldn't get up the stairs quick enough. I slowly went from room to room, checking the frames and marveling at how good they looked. You will be forgiven for thinking that I had never seen or owned Double Glazing before in my life. I had, but never appreciated it. Yes, there was a snow storm of tiny plastic filings everywhere and nasty sticky tape thrown with wild abandon, but I was too excited to care.

I set about clearing up, knowing full well that on their return they would only make another mess. As none of the windows had yet been sealed I couldn't finish or touch up any of the paintwork. Here I was, itching to make that final thrust and my hands were tied. As it was, I simply took all the rubbish outside and fluffed around.

Before too long, five men returned. They carried in power tools, box after box of sealant and strange shaped small pieces of plastic. They also had my shower screen and Patio door. Recep had returned to help ( or as I told him hinder) and bought his brother-in-law along. For once, Recep was going to do something constructive. I would like to say that Recep was paid very well for running me around, solving problems and for his knowledge of knowing a man who could. I did not ask nor expect him to 'muck in', but there were times when I wished he had offered. Taking advantage of the window guys having an Angle Grinder, he decided that now after all the ceilings had been painted to remove the metal foundation pins, which protruded like tree roots in every room.

I now had two men sealing the windows, three using a pneumatic drill to break up the concrete and fit the Patio door and Recep trailing behind him an electric cable showering hot sparks on everyone from above as he moved from room to room. Once again being thwarted in my efforts to get things done, I picked up a plastic sack and taking Keş with me strolled round the outside of the house picking up the used sealant tubes which were being lobbed straight out of the windows like smoke grenades.

Sometime that afternoon, Mr Testicles friend arrived to fix my sexy chrome accessory's. I told him to fit them wherever, except for the corner shelves which were to go in opposite corners of the shower enclosure. Luckily, he used his intelligence and managed to fit everything straight, if not boringly normal. I don't conform and like things slightly out of kilter (wacky, I think is the word). The job was passable and as a 'freebie' appreciated.

From Taşyaka I had bought four sacks of dirty washing. Not because I am a slut, but the laundry I was forced to use when the rented washing machine blew up on me in September had closed for the season. Not having a choice, I connected the cold water fill and proceeded to attack the pile. The machine took some getting used to. For some reason it does not work on a ninety degree setting in winter. Recep kindly proceeded to show me how it worked even though I am more than capable of reading Turkish, could read the temperature settings and had the very same model in my first apartment.

By now the windows, patio door and shower screen were finished. Once again I checked every window, removed tiny orange sticky squares from the panes and spent ages opening and sliding shut the new door. I was as happy as the proverbial. Replacing the door and window in the hallway was a good choice. Not only did it open up the space but allowed the sun to flood in all day long. The only problem now, was what to put on the concrete floor.

My hallway is nine metres long and four and a half at its widest. I had toyed with the idea of having three large carpets but it was an expensive option. Tiling did not really solve the problem as it would be cold underfoot in the winter. I had bought two modern carpets for my boudoir and living room but the price was a shock. Having thought long and hard there was only one option left – fitted carpet. Knowing how expensive it is in England and vaguely remembering the quality of Turkish carpet I reluctantly asked Recep to talk to his 'brother'. He is not Recep's sibling, half brother or any relation but is very similar in looks has a shop next door to Recep's house and sells carpets. A phone call confirmed that he would be at the house Monday, with his sample books and to measure up.

Having so many men in the house at any one time did cause a few logistic problems. Lack of glasses (they viewed my mugs with deep suspicion) no where for anyone to sit and the annoying habit of throwing cigarette butts on the floors. However, they were fascinated by this mad English woman. Most of them at different times would manouver me out onto the balcony and attempt to chat me up. They bought me lunch, bottles of drink, biscuits, chocolate bars and rather out of the ordinary a bag of lemons. The fact that I was willing to get my hands dirty, could use power tools as well as them, was always walking around with a paint brush in my hand, could make Turkish çay and I let nothing faze me, simply enamored them further.

Because I was impressed with their efforts, satisfied with the quality of work and wanted to say thank you, I decided to throw a house warming party to which they were all invited. I think at various times there were just over twenty different men working for me. Consequently, everyone had my mobile number and vice-versa. I began to receive text messages from Mustafa the tiler. Nothing romantic just 'Hello my names Mustafa, how are you?'. I would text back 'cream crackered' or whatever had happened that day. Over two weeks, the messages became a regular event. He was now 'missing me so much' or 'thinking' of me all day and night that I eventually gave in and agreed to meet him. Unfortunately, it went 'Tits Up' but not before I had been arrested by Jandarma.

Recep left after trying the new shower out and I was left to spend my first night alone in my new house. There were no curtains up, nothing on the floor and dirt and dust everywhere. I found a blanket and happily snuggled down on the settee in the living room. Soon, I was dozing off. Keş snoring and sighing loudly alongside me.

MKC 25/03/2006
madturkishcow is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 16th April 2006, 12:42   #2 (permalink)

bren is on a distinguished road
Re: Moving On Part 6

Another great read ,looking forward to part 7 already keep up the good work.
best wishes and Happy Easter to you .
bren is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2006, 14:11   #3 (permalink)
LİVİNG İN PARADİSE

Wink Re: Moving On Part 6

awwwww Thank you Bren

Just another sunday here in sunny Esenköy.....have watered the yard so I don't look an arab in a sandstorm, shouted at my resident Turkish pest who has been piddling around making holes all over the garden since 9am.......had to smile when she offered me a handfull of Almonds. I thought that it was time I marked my territory (in a manner of speaking) so rushed out with my six foot long spade...I swear it is at least six foot because it's taller than me! and double dug half of my bean trench.....ready for the bodies and beans in the week I then heaved boulders at both ends leaving no doubt that I had staked a claim.
One good thing about her is she makes me work and no slacking!
I then decided to wait until she had trundled off to annoy someone else and rushed out with the hosepipe...apparently using the household water with the hosepipe is an expensive option, people apparently help themselves and I need to buy a plastic sheath to connect to the agricultural supply, just up the road. All I do then is attach my huge plastic sheath (please stop sniggering in the back there) turn the stop cock on and run through a field to control the watering of my garden. Easy yup!
That done and still wearing my thigh length wellies, I washed the steps down of dog foot prints and watched Keş do it all again. My unwanted was standing in the kitchen in her nightie 3.30pm having just got out of bed....(he was out fishing last night and has yet to return to his dopey wife!) she asked me where I had been?Resisting the urge to say up the mountain with bandits, I said in the garden and she went oooh I bet it is hard to dig.... no comment.
I then made a cup of tea, asked her what her plans were and would you believe there are no flights until wednesday for Cyprus but she did mention that they were then flying back to Dalaman not the uk. Amazing when they have no money Not too much of a problem because I am off to Timbuctoo for a month on wednesday night, so shall not be around................She is now slumped in front of the box watching Eastenders. I expect seven ish she will ask what is for dinner and I shall smile sweetly and say 'Oh no I forgot to take anything out the freezer'. I actually went shopping on my own yesterday and bought meat for humans, but also a large amount of offal (Lights I think we used to call them) which were a freemans and plonked em (technicolour) right at the front of the freezer. She was horrified and ran out of the kitchen gagging, so she won't be poking around in there.
Bren I have a lovely morning and afternoon so far, no choccy eggs but I don't eat them anyways. I shall sit on my PC and ponder what else Carolyn and I can hatch up, once the tide has gone out at Kemer of course!
Part seven is copied up and ready for posting. Unfortunately I can only aspire to bunkum and twaddle whilst I am under seige but I am sure my holiday in Timbuctoo will unscrabble the grey matter. Paul T stop panicking for Timbuctoo read Esenköy - Im not going anywhere unless someone else is asking!!! Happy Easter to everyone.
I can't think of anymore easter hymns........Oh yes I used to belong the YPF which did not stand for Young Pigs Fellowship as my old dad used to say and we used to have this prancy,dancy modern one called what I don't know but it goes.......He arose from the grave Halleluiah, he arose from the grave again and that is all I can remember.

MKC

Last edited by madturkishcow; 16th April 2006 at 14:14..
madturkishcow is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2006, 16:55   #4 (permalink)

jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of

Great read as usual Jen, looking forwrd to part 7

There are no problems in life,just solutions
jcrian is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2006, 19:01   #5 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: Moving On Part 6

ooh Jen you do get up to alot of things, things that no other woman would even think about.
So this house Jen, do you own it, i cant get my head around some-one else doing things in your garden when it's your property unless she owned it before you maybe.
Surely you don't rent, as youv'e said youv'e had new windows.
Anyway Bugger all that it was a great read, Plastic Sheath ? mmm thats one word for it
i wonder how that works.

Take Care Jen.

ANDY
Andy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2006, 19:54   #6 (permalink)
LİVİNG İN PARADİSE

Hi Andy

I do rent my place, but I signed a rental agreement for 10 years with the rent fixed at the same price So the cost of double glazing will soon pay for itself.
Apparently, my human digger is the landlords mother and çok deli well it takes one to know one! Her son used to live in the house so I suppose she thinks it is ok. I have been asked to have a mud wrestling match with her so someone of this forum (no names mentioned) and Vordemont can put the video on the web.......the suggested title was a tale of two T......

Yes Andy I have always been a bit of a Tomboy (thanks to my dad) and grew up around men who did shooting (lol not gangsters!) but retired soldiers and home guard type thing. I learnt to shoot when I was ten years of age and learnt their kind of language. Much to my mothers disgust, who still harbours hopes that I may suddenly transform into a lady Also having an older brother who used me for target practise, tied me up to a chair and various other tortures that big brothers do gave me the abilty to learn to fight back and even now I still kick him in the knee caps when it is necessary

I was bought up to believe that even though I was of the female species, I could do anything I wanted to regardless of my sex and I have. 'Nothing ventured nothing gained' and 'İf you want something done properly, do it yourself' was also good advice from my old dar. Unfortunately for my boys I just reversed the roles and they can both cook,clean,know how the washing machine works and iron. One day some young ladies are going to thank me!

mkc

Last edited by madturkishcow; 16th April 2006 at 20:09..
madturkishcow is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2006, 20:13   #7 (permalink)
Non Active Member

eileen will become famous soon enough

lol jen i have just been cleaning up after work men who were marbling my drive and the wall nearly had a fit yesterday when i came home and found the lovely marble coverd in dust dirt cement and u name it ohh well u would think i was used to it by now
will have to finish it tomorrow was to much 4 me today im kxxxxxxxx ps at least im getting a tan
HAPPY EASTER TO EVERY ONE
eileen is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2006, 20:31   #8 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 21,098 Times in 7,183 Posts
shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute

as usual great...i love your humour...keep it coming jen...we had another storm over here other night..did me knickers land over there again...like a galleons sails...cant miss them.
shirleyanntr is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2006, 21:08   #9 (permalink)
LİVİNG İN PARADİSE

Ooooh were they yours Shirley? I thought they were Gails Hehheeeee Im safe as long as she doesn't get to a net cafe! I think we may have have a slight gale too because my lovely lilac fluffy towel was wrapped around a lemon tree this morning and strangely enough there was no other washing out! My unwanteds had unpegged theirs and left the towel I also came back from the airport at 6pm to be told we had no electricity which I thought was well just normal but resulted in madam making boy wonder stay next to her for best part of the evening! Me..... I just slept through until the Tedas man came out.

mkc
Old 17th April 2006, 11:08   #10 (permalink)

Thanks Jen, you girls certainly make me laugh, Love your sence of humour and Shirleys too.
Take Care Girls

Andy
Andy is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
moving , part