Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 26th April 2006, 12:30   #1 (permalink)
LİVİNG İN PARADİSE

madturkishcow will become famous soon enough
Wink Moving On Part 07

Sunday morning and I woke up to sunlight streaming through the windows and bathing Keş and I in a golden glow. For a moment I was unsure where I was. Over the past two months since Vordemont had buggered off without an explanation an no contact, I had lost count of the number of times I had woken up on the sofa, realized the situation and spent all day in a cocoon of recriminations, disbelief and gut wrenching despair. At times, I seriously considered taking the easy way out and to simply walk into the sea and carry on going. It was during this 'Black' period that Callum was sent to redeem and rescue me.

This morning was different. I woke up with a sense of purpose, a reason for being alive and the knowledge that I was at last getting my life back on track. Pushing Keş off my legs I gingerly put my feet on the floor, first checking that there was no nasty paint globs, chips of wood, nails or anything else to do me a nasty mischief. Apart from what appeared to be a squashed fly and a half sucked dog biscuit the area was hazard free.

Being one of those people who work on the adage that bad things happen in threes, touch wood when something 'tempting providence' is said, have my 'Sigorta' (an evil eye) tattooed on my back but have a healthy disregard for walking under ladders, just standing upright didn't mean anything. The proof of the pudding was negotiating my way unharmed to the bathroom, then the kitchen. I have one rule, which I stick to regardless of where I am or the situation. That is, never consider anything until that first cup of tea is making it's way down your neck, but by the third I reckon you should now be awake and somewhat sociable and responsive or dead and it doesn't matter anyway. Deciding that I was in the land of the living or I would not have felt the dog stand on my foot, I contemplated my options for the day.

Tomorrow was moving day and I was far from prepared. I decided that for the time being everything except the kitchen table could go into the spare room. Only one problem and that was that there was no space to put even a vertically challenged person unless I got my finger out and started organizing or utilising the space. With my mind made up and shooing the dog outside to play, I poured a fourth cup of tea and sallied forth. No, I did not forget to put some clothes on or change out of my Jim-jams (whatever for?) but had simply put clean undies on the night before and slept Turkish fashion in my clothes.

Being the multi- tasking creature that I am ( My big brother girls, swears that only women can do this efficiently!). I piled, threw, stacked, stood on things, swore and cleared sufficient space to fill up the following day. Happy with my
endeavours I searched around for the next task. Far from being a woman who is 'On the ball' and one step ahead I have a problem of too many thoughts not connecting in the right places. By this I mean, I would find myself standing in the hallway holding a box of items and for the life of me couldn't remember where I was going with them. It was during this C-Nile Virus phrase or as the kids always say, simply to wind me up, 'PMT' that I put the electric kettle in the fridge and took two hours to find it. Not quite as bad as my oldest friend who wears glasses. She spent three hours hunting for her specs only to pop to the loo and find them stuck firmly on top of her head! Girls, it is normal and if you have not yet been there, then the thrill is yet to come.

Enough of my justifying my 'Mad' moments and back to the thousand and one things that still needed doing. First the living room still needed to be painted completely but with the contents of a DIY store in there, it was well not impossible but difficult. There was still a week to the party (planned for the following Saturday) and adopting my usual attitude which is 'You come to see me, not the state of my house', I pushed the painting to the bottom of the list. Luckily, the Turks also use this measuring stick but I did get a few comments from two so called friends (she being English and he apparently a Painter/Plasterer and Turkish), which resulted in my telling them that it was my house and if they didn't like it to remove themselves and exchange bodily fluids preferably with a goat.

I decided to tackle my boudoir, which was completely empty. Although the other rooms were plainly coloured I wanted to break up the lilac. I had done this in England by painting the radiator shocking pink. Not having a radiator or being able to purchase any pink which hit you between the eyes I had to compromise. As you already know I have some strange ideas. Well, strange to you perfectly normal to me. I once painted and papered a hallway in blue and gold. Using glow in the dark stars and planets, I stuck a planetarium on my ceiling. When I moved I removed every single one and intend to recreate a similar vista here, once I have found the right gunge. When in doubt or feeling blue I would huddle in the dark and loose myself. After being trod on by my mountain of a youngest, AJ who fell arse over tit on top of me whilst I was meditating and the dogs who have no respect for privacy, I made a chill out cupboard (over the stairs) where I installed a light, plenty of cushions and a good book. If the doors were closed then I was doing my 'I vant to be alone' act. No stars, but an escape or bolt hole and a place to reflect.

I do apologise for being distracted from the story but blame the sunshine and my mad neighbour who from half way down the garden has just demanded a glass of water. I shall overlook the fact that she is planting mangy old spuds in my garden and be the obliging person that I am. If I take a jug it will keep her quiet for a couple of hours.......

Being a 'Taurean' and bullish at times I do have some artistic traits. Unfortunately, even being half welsh has not given me the voice of a nightingale, more like someone has trod on the cats tail as my old dad used to say. I drew on my wasted years of watching 'Bloo Peter', 'Take Hart' and the more grown up 'Changing Rooms'. Thrilling episodes where we were urged to construct 'Tracy Islands', 'Photo Frames for Nanny' all out of rubbish that even the Wombles would not have been seen dead Wombling up. Spending so much time with the kids in Infant school does have some compensations.

I have never been 'Girlie' owned a Sindy or 'Barbie' and if my Brother had a dart stuck in his head, it was always me that got the blame. I broke my nose after nicking a neighbours bike and attempting to apply brakes that did not work, hate pink and foam at the mouth with anything twee, frilly or chintzy. Allah's wonderful country as far as I am concerned, caters for all these weird perversions, including my room 101 favourite, artificial flowers. I once dated a Turkish guy Cihan, whose sister was a florist and the reasons for these monstrosities are quite logical. That being so, it does not soften my hatred for them.

What I wanted and what I could achieve with the limited materials available, did not add up. Never saying never I attacked an innocent cardboard box and using a plate, side plate (I don't do saucers) and an egg cup I drew a template for a flower like shape. Five petals, no stem and I cut them out in three different sizes. Not that I particularly wanted flowers, but I am crap at drawing stars free hand, unable to get silver paint and time was something I lacked. Filled with determination and a new impetus, I found a pencil and ran amok in my boudoir. I drew clusters of flowers in the corners, a single flower round the sockets and light switches and as a final flourish and my signature a large flower on the white ceiling which I painted lilac.

Satisfied with my artistic flair, I stepped back to admire my handiwork. Yes, I had overdone the flora and ditching my plans for a rainbow curving gracefully over the far corner (I'm chasing mine until the twelfth of never an didn't want a constant reminder). I declared it was a job well done. Now all I needed was the paint to bring them to life. Knowing that Acrylic paint would be expensive, assuming I could find it in Fethiye, I had a brain wave. In one paint shop I had seen a Dulux paint mixing machine. All I needed was to buy red, blue and yellow colouriser or mixer, add it to my plastic white paint and I could concoct most colours in the spectrum.

This would have to wait until Tuesday, tomorrow being the 'Big' day. I remembered to phone Recep to scrutinize time and confirm that we did indeed have access to transport. He was rather cagey on whenever it was a lorry, pick-up or even a magic carpet. He mentioned an unearthly time of eight o'clock and I agreed that I would be ready and waiting.

With my head buzzing with excitement, my body wilting with exhaustion and my stomach rumbling from lack of food, I made a hasty snack of beans on toast and a cup of tea. I then fed the dog and collapsed under my blanket. It was early for me, but I needed all my energy and wits for the next day. I knew without a doubt that following the laws of 'Feck Up's' and my attraction towards trouble, that inevitably tomorrow would not happen without a glitch or two. With the moonlight and passing car headlamps making patterns on the floor, I fell asleep worrying about the possibilities.

MKC /3/2006

Last edited by madturkishcow; 26th April 2006 at 12:37..
madturkishcow is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 26th April 2006, 12:44   #2 (permalink)

bren is on a distinguished road
Re: Moving On Part 7

Another great read ,Keep up the good work Jen looking forward to next installment .best wishes
bren is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 12:58   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 5,312 Times in 2,140 Posts
Terry the Celt has disabled reputation

Great read Jen
We wish you all the best and dont you dare get like your first paragraph again!
Life is never that bad surely
Terry the Celt is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 13:05   #4 (permalink)
LİVİNG İN PARADİSE

Wink Re: Moving On Part 7

Ahhhh it was at the time T n S.....

But much,much better now.It must be otherwise I wouldn't be writing

MKC
Old 26th April 2006, 13:10   #5 (permalink)

Your emotions come out in your writing and losing that on this forum would be sad.
Keep going Jen
Old 26th April 2006, 18:35   #6 (permalink)

jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of

Good on yer Jen!

There are no problems in life,just solutions
jcrian is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 19:29   #7 (permalink)

Oh Jen you do go to alot of bother just to keep us forum wallers happy, but i wouldn't miss your reads for anything, saying that i did start reading it this morning and finished it tonight, and yes i did find it interesting and the first paragraph quite sad i wish i could come over there and give you a big hug and tell you a few dirty jokes just to light up your face, NO i don't mean with a Buncon Burner or a torch, but just to see you smile, but hey those days are in the past now Jen and with your new house, dogs and garden should keep you occupied for quite some time.

Ooo i could talk for England, it's a pity everything has to be written it takes me ages to write anything on a keyboard, 20mins and counting.

So long Jen

Take Care

Andy

Last edited by Andy; 26th April 2006 at 19:41.. Reason: Smilies added, i think i'll change that Avatar too, but later
Andy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 21:05   #8 (permalink)
LİVİNG İN PARADİSE

AWWW Andy and Terry & Sue

Thank you so much for your lovely words. Even I find it difficult to know how I got into that state, which is why Sprog flew out.....never in history had his mother folded like a pack of cards. However those days are definately behind me now and whilst I sincerly hope that I never go there again I have great sympathy for people who do suffer from mental illness, something I had never even considered before.That particular paragraph was difficult to get out,in a manner of speaking, but neccessary for me to face up to my demons.

Andy the jokes would be appreciated. I like nothing better than a decent belly laugh and you like Bryan are my kinda guys with your humour It is lovely and rewarding to know that in this day and age there are still people out there who are caring and thoughtfull. Thank you guys and gals.
Yes, plenty to keep me busy and occupied here with one thing or another and strangely enough the reason for my slip into the murky waters of depression is once again back in my life on a different footing this time, but we both learnt lessons.

I shall let you into a little secret Andy...one I have yet to meet any man who is deft and accurate at high speeds on a keyboard.Even sprog who has been doing a Uni degree since god knows when in computers is still a one finger man! JCR has the problem of his fingers being too big and I many moons ago worked for UDT as a verifyer/Imputer at ummmm 18000 keystrokes an hour on a good day we could get up to 21000.VW Bug swears I am like Ticker Tape.So whenever you plod along or tap em out like machine gun fire it is irrelevant. I love your posts,jokes and outlook on life and whenever it takes you 20 mıns (talking for England) or 2 hours (getting an answer out of Prescott) keep them digits moving.......Live long and prosper.

Regards to you all,

MKC

Last edited by madturkishcow; 26th April 2006 at 21:34..
madturkishcow is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 21:18   #9 (permalink)

Well done hun
The girl done good Jen
take care
Old 26th April 2006, 23:07   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 1,185 Times in 308 Posts
Duke has much to be proud of Duke has much to be proud of Duke has much to be proud of Duke has much to be proud of Duke has much to be proud of Duke has much to be proud of Duke has much to be proud of Duke has much to be proud of Duke has much to be proud of

Nice to see your still on Top form Jen so keep at it girl maybe one day I'll get over your neck of the woods to do a thorough inspection so no sloppy paint work you have all the time in the world so if you cvant find the right colour WAIT till you can get it!
Good luck with your future projects too! Ive been down that deep black pit of depression so know what you have been through life is for living and giving so find that special person and stick with him or her whatever rocks your boat!! Only you Jen can keep your spirits high & I know form out chats on here thats your definatley your own woman so will survive whatever..
God Bless keep safe
Duke

Tags
moving , part