Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:47   #1 (permalink)

Colin D is on a distinguished road
Mandalya Gardens

Hi there,

I am very new to this Forum (today) and was very interested to hear comments regarding Anne and Besim and the Mandalya Gardens development. I am one of the ones that had to cancel near completion, really did not want to but became extremely ill, maybe go into details another time, depending on outcome of this!!!

Well, as per the contract we all signed there was a cancellation of 15% of the property price but remaining funds should be returned within 60 days, our refund monies were due back 18th January latest..... and we are still waiting.

Besim and Anne told us that due to 10 people pulling out at the last minute they could not pay us until the apartment was sold, even though the contract stated otherwise and as we felt so bad for been partly responsible for their present position chased less but on sale of the apartment which was B1 Penthouse expected to be returned the funds. They made no gesture to reduce the % or amount deducted for non payment and.... you guessed it the apartment was sold and we did not receive our money!!! We only found out 2 days ago that it was sold!!! So I do not want to hear how they are fair and honest, that is dispicable, they are holding onto money that they have already received and... want to take a further 15%.

Besim and Ann believe we breached our contract, how, when there is a cancellation clause in the contract and they firmly blame us. They believe the contract is not valid as they are undergoing hardship and any Judge will support their case!!!

I could go on about this but I am actually wanting to see if there are the other 9-10 out there who are in the same postion as us as we are now seeking legal action, (anyone know a good Solicitor, maybe UK) as we are getting nowhere.

Be very interested to hear other peoples views / experiences.

Thanks for reading.

Colin
Colin D is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:04   #2 (permalink)
evelynne

Thanked 2,372 Times in 1,103 Posts
EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mandalya Gardens

Colin

welcome to the forum. I can;t help you with any of your questions but i hope you find the others and get your money back promply.

good luck, and besides your problems enjoy the forum and turkey

Eve
EVELYNNE is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EVELYNNE For This Useful Post:
Colin D (22nd October 2009)
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:34   #3 (permalink)
Going to get Thinner

Thanked 1,697 Times in 955 Posts
JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute

Ho Colin and welcome to the forum. Hope you get what your looking for, good luck.

Jeannie
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:59   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 10,116 Times in 2,933 Posts
Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Colin, welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it, it is full of very sound info and every good wish you get your money back soon. I am unable to help in your situation, but I do hope closure in the right way comes to you. I hope your illness is under control and you are back to full health.
Tess is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tess For This Useful Post:
Old 23rd October 2009, 03:10   #5 (permalink)

Darren is a jewel in the rough Darren is a jewel in the rough Darren is a jewel in the rough Darren is a jewel in the rough

I recall hearing something scandalous about this site some time ago, which may explain why 10 people pulled out. In that context, the description "fair and honest" is likely used by those that are none the wiser. I'll ask around and come back to you. Depending on the issues, I'll also probably be able to recommend appropriate legal advisers.
Darren is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 08:57   #6 (permalink)

Colin D is on a distinguished road

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your message. I was under the understanding that as the development was close to completion and the final instalments were due this is why they pulled out, but from feeling sorry and believing they were good people, I could not believe anything they said any longer, they are liars and cheats!

They have a new Development which I believe is pushing on "The Pines Country Club and Spa" until I get my money, (plus interest now!!) I will start alerting to anyone that will listen about their antics. But we have decided also a year is long enough and we will engage Solicitors now even though it will take 2 years odd! Besims comment of "look forward to receiving your Solicitors letter" just goes to show how not bothered he is and the type of people we are dealing with!

Anyway look forward to yours and anyone elses thoughts / replies!

Cheers
Colin D is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 01:52   #7 (permalink)

Darren is a jewel in the rough Darren is a jewel in the rough Darren is a jewel in the rough Darren is a jewel in the rough

The information I received was:
a) there are some title issues on the underlying land where the demarcation Boundary lines shown at the local Council dont match those shown on the Cadastral Agencies records;
b) the developer and his UK girlfriend basically sold the properties through fast and sharp sales agents in the UK and there was some issue where people were promised mortgages and then the banks would not lend against the property- the typical nonsense of making false promises;

Apparently all this happened some time ago.

I can recommend lawyers if you PM me and ask.
Darren is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darren For This Useful Post:
Colin D (2nd November 2009)
Old 27th October 2009, 07:40   #8 (permalink)

Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future

Colin, you need to be careful about what you publish on an open forum like this.

The last time that someone posted uncomlimentary comments about that development there was a flurry of legal involvement.

So be sure of your facts and prepared to withstand a torrent of responses from Besim as well

This is another one I will certainly keep an eye on

PS - He (Besim) is watching you know. Just check his cp to see when he was last around

Last edited by Peregrine; 27th October 2009 at 19:18.. Reason: spelling (again)! (and again)
Peregrine is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peregrine For This Useful Post:
Old 27th October 2009, 12:16   #9 (permalink)
Pimp My Sasha!

sasa is a glorious beacon of light sasa is a glorious beacon of light sasa is a glorious beacon of light sasa is a glorious beacon of light sasa is a glorious beacon of light

Colin D..

Take heed of Perry's good advice as he knows from experience..he and Besim are old penpals!!

If you haven't already, take a look through some old threads regarding Mandalya Gdns and it should illustrate pretty quickly why he urges caution on this matter.
sasa is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sasa For This Useful Post:
Old 27th October 2009, 15:15   #10 (permalink)

countryboy will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

I have thought long and hard at putting a post on here, but here i go.

I was one of the first to buy "off plan" on Mandalya Gardens about three years ago
now, Besim and myself met up and i was taken to the proposed site.

I had already seen the quality of the build (mandalya apartments) and felt happy
enough to put my money down, i was not at any time pressurised to buy infact
i took a couple of weeks to "make our mind up". I believe Besim to be a good and
fair man then as I DO NOW.

I am not saying there was no surprises along the way, i took on board from day
one that things dont always work out the way you plan, but they were nothing i
could not deal with and realy felt that Besim was "doing his best" in the economical
turn down.

I have now got a wonderful apartment on a award winning site complete with
deeds,electric in my own name and i dont believe that i am the only one.

If i have had any problems i have dealt with them face to face and have got them
resolved
I do not like to read of this "mandalya and besim bashing" from people who have
no knowledge of the man or the site itself.

Colin, i suggest if you can go and see the man "face to face" and try and work
things out.

Anyway i have said my piece and now await the"fallout"

countryboy

Last edited by countryboy; 27th October 2009 at 17:18.. Reason: spelling
countryboy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:
Colin D (2nd November 2009), eadie6679 (30th October 2009), Martyn (27th October 2009)

Tags
gardens , mandalya