FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > Motor Sport

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2013, 00:22   #1 (permalink)
"Light Years Away"

Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,476 Posts
newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - 1-3 November 2013

Another race already! Back to back racing, from India to Abu Dhabi
Practice 1 saw Grosjean as fastest but by Practice 2 Vettel was fastest

Practice 3 tomorrow morning, followed by Qualifying at 13.00 GMT.

Rakkinonen almost missed Practice altogether arriving in early hours of today...Theresis some doubt whether he will race this Sunday due to still not being paid!

Kimi Raikkonen threatens to walk out on Lotus for final two F1 races | Sport | The Guardian

The Championship may be decided but still the fight for 2nd is on andfof course Vettel may want to break more records...Hopefully without any fines this weekend
Old 2nd November 2013, 19:50   #2 (permalink)
Back to Turkey

cockneyturk is a name known to all cockneyturk is a name known to all cockneyturk is a name known to all cockneyturk is a name known to all cockneyturk is a name known to all cockneyturk is a name known to all
Re: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - 1-3 November 2013

F1,sorry zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
cockneyturk is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 20:42   #3 (permalink)

cuppy will become famous soon enough cuppy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyturk View Post
F1,sorry zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Yes, I have to agree. I have been an avid fan since the seventies of all motor sport especially F1. These days all I see is are so called racing drivers looking after their tyres. As for Vettel 4 times world champ? I think not, Newey is the champ and F1 is just one long yawn.
cuppy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cuppy For This Useful Post:
Akasya (2nd November 2013), cockneyturk (3rd November 2013)
Old 2nd November 2013, 22:35   #4 (permalink)
"Light Years Away"

newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute

Well whatever you may think of Vettel he himself has done nothing wrong in the sport winning championships and seems to be highly intelligent member of the team consistently performing and giving helpful feedback to the designers and engineers to work from.

Anyway, here's what Adrian Newey had to say about Vettel:
Newey scoured his memory for Vettel weaknesses. "His driving has gone from very talented but slightly raw at times in, let's say, 2009, to incredibly well rounded now. In 2009 and 2010 you could occasionally criticise him for making slightly ill-judged moves and hence having accidents.

"You could criticise him, possibly, for not being able to overtake. I think some people, possibly, felt that, if he didn't start from pole and control the race from the front, then he was not so good. You really can't make those criticisms any more. It's difficult to see a chink in his armoury. He learns all the time."

As faras Newey is concerned, Vettel and his Red Bull had entered Formula One's pantheon*long before Sunday's victory. The title was merely another staging post for an extraordinary driver.

"Like other great drivers he can drive while considering and planning what he's going to do next, and then get out of the car and continue to analyse and learn what happened so that next time he's got that tiny bit more knowledge." Newey said.

"I see it with him all the time. Every time he gets in the car he gets in with a bit more knowledge than he had last time."

It is not just the essence of his driving or the sequence of podium-topping performances that have impressed Newey.

"It is how you achieve it and how you conduct yourself and to me Sebastian thoroughly deserves to be considered one of the all-time greats because of that," Newey said.
---
Incase you want to read more here that was an excerpt from Guardian.

You'll be glad to know Vettel is not on Pole for tomorrow's race...its another Red Bull of Webber! Let's hope Webber manages to get off the Start line quick enough for his last F1 Abu Dhabi race.
cuppy (3rd November 2013)
Old 2nd November 2013, 23:13   #5 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 25,475 Times in 10,987 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to do with the Red Bull motor , everyone knows that Markie is one of the top two fastest drivers in F1........

Steve.
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 05:58   #6 (permalink)
Living in Okcular

Thanked 1,768 Times in 626 Posts
v6cod has a brilliant future v6cod has a brilliant future v6cod has a brilliant future v6cod has a brilliant future v6cod has a brilliant future v6cod has a brilliant future v6cod has a brilliant future v6cod has a brilliant future v6cod has a brilliant future v6cod has a brilliant future v6cod has a brilliant future

I'm afraid i am another one who has lost interest in F1.

I was watching the last race but switched it off when one of the pit to driver radios came up with the line "we are not racing vettel, concentrate on the others" or words of that ilk.

I don't care how talented Vettel is I want to watch a race not a procession. I want to watch a race where there is a chance of maybe one of six drivers challenging for the lead.

Maybe the new regs will even it up next year and I might start watching it again but the last three races this year are off my calendar.
Old 3rd November 2013, 09:23   #7 (permalink)
in my own clique

Thanked 8,232 Times in 3,250 Posts
hijo has a reputation beyond repute hijo has a reputation beyond repute hijo has a reputation beyond repute hijo has a reputation beyond repute hijo has a reputation beyond repute hijo has a reputation beyond repute hijo has a reputation beyond repute hijo has a reputation beyond repute hijo has a reputation beyond repute hijo has a reputation beyond repute hijo has a reputation beyond repute

..will be down at my local sports bar today watching the Grand Prix..could probably watch it at home on tv,but something i seen in this picture ,told me otherwise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1391994_4997419113646_141153867_n.jpg (34.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 3rd November 2013, 10:37   #8 (permalink)

cuppy will become famous soon enough cuppy will become famous soon enough

Newhorizon, Vettel is clearly a talented driver however the talent in F1 these days is down to the designers with Newey clearly regarded as one of the greats! I want to see the fastest drivers in the fastest cars going flat out from start to finish like when Prost, Mansell, Senna, Schumacher and co were racing wheel to wheel a few years ago. What I don't want to see is drivers with a clear advantage as there is no "racing" anymore. Looking after tyres that do 3 laps is not racing, having a flap which opens to gain a speed advantage is not racing! Its become so boring these days I just don't bother anymore, on a sunday afternoon I prefer applying some paint to the kitchen wall and watching it dry as its far more exiting that F1
PS I also hope the new regs improve it next year, you never know I may change from painting the kitchen to watching the telly
cuppy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cuppy For This Useful Post:
Akasya (3rd November 2013)
Old 4th November 2013, 00:35   #9 (permalink)
"Light Years Away"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhorizon View Post
You'll be glad to know Vettel is not on Pole for tomorrow's race...its another Red Bull of Webber! Let's hope Webber manages to get off the Start line quick enough for his last F1 Abu Dhabi race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasya View Post
Nothing to do with the Red Bull motor , everyone knows that Markie is one of the top two fastest drivers in F1........

Steve.
Well as you know if anyone still watches F1 Vettel was did not start from Pole and as I thought overtook Webber right at the start to dominate the race by quite a margin even managing to go a bit longer on the soft Tyres than expected. So another well deserved victory for Vettel!! (and his mum was there too for tyhe first time what a proud moment)

And those that like doughnuts...as in India Vettel (and Webber!) did not disappoint with doughnuts in the pit lane but.... not just any doughnuts...

[/URL]
Old 4th November 2013, 11:01   #10 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 25,475 Times in 10,987 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Great drive by Seb ( 1st ) and a great drive by one of the top two drivers in the world , Mark Webber ( 2nd ) , Adrian Newey is a Wizard.

Steve.
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
2013 , abu , dhabi , grand , november , prix