Lira Exchange Rates
  1.00 (GBP)=
  1.00 (EUR)=
  $1.00 (USD)=
  rates from coinmill.com

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > News & Views

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2012, 01:24   #51 (permalink)

Thanked 1,003 Times in 312 Posts
jaimie has much to be proud of jaimie has much to be proud of jaimie has much to be proud of jaimie has much to be proud of jaimie has much to be proud of jaimie has much to be proud of jaimie has much to be proud of jaimie has much to be proud of
Re: North Korean rocket launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John LeNeve View Post
Maybe so but I'm in target range here in California. If they decided to hit San Francisco I doubt I would care much about the retalliation.
Truly, I suppose my thoughts wouldn't exactly be on retaliation either; but I guess that the only hope with dictatorships like that is that they know they won't have a country to dictate to after the first strike, and therefore don't bother in the first place; still back to the drawing board for them

Jaimie
jaimie is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 09:14   #52 (permalink)
TCJ

Thanked 2,292 Times in 1,070 Posts
TCJ has disabled reputation

AI
James Bond 007 is fiction. Much the same as your own posts.

By the way you keep saying that your opinions are NOT conspiracy theory. I think you must be using the word differently from its usual meaning. A conspiracy is a secret plot behind the scenes by a group of people wanting to carry out subversive actions. This is exactly what you claim is going on with the CIA. Some people do use "conspiracy theory" simply to mean a ridiculous theory but this is because they also do not understand the term. Conspiracies certainly do exist. In Britain we celebrate a famous one - "The Gunpowder Plot" - every year on Novemebr 5th. But not every conspiracy theory points to a real conspiracy; there are plenty of ridiculous ones out there..

Last edited by TCJ; 14th April 2012 at 09:26..
TCJ is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TCJ For This Useful Post:
John LeNeve (14th April 2012)
Old 14th April 2012, 15:05   #53 (permalink)

AntalyaIstanbul has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCJ View Post
AI
James Bond 007 is fiction. Much the same as your own posts.

By the way you keep saying that your opinions are NOT conspiracy theory. I think you must be using the word differently from its usual meaning. A conspiracy is a secret plot behind the scenes by a group of people wanting to carry out subversive actions. This is exactly what you claim is going on with the CIA. Some people do use "conspiracy theory" simply to mean a ridiculous theory but this is because they also do not understand the term. Conspiracies certainly do exist. In Britain we celebrate a famous one - "The Gunpowder Plot" - every year on Novemebr 5th. But not every conspiracy theory points to a real conspiracy; there are plenty of ridiculous ones out there..
"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 14th April 2012, 15:45   #54 (permalink)
TCJ

Thanked 2,292 Times in 1,070 Posts
TCJ has disabled reputation

When asked what was likely to blow a government off course, Harold Macmillan is reputed to have replied: "Events, dear boy, events".
TCJ is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 19:00   #55 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 8,898 Times in 4,184 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

The art of politics is to never be caught without a semi plausible explanation that will suit any pattern ov events , and to be able to pretend that the outcome whatsoever it may be was the desired one.

We are good at this in the UK , i await the NK Glorious Supreme Leaders statement with interest.

Steve.
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 19:11   #56 (permalink)
RAND PAUL 2016

John LeNeve is a glorious beacon of light John LeNeve is a glorious beacon of light John LeNeve is a glorious beacon of light John LeNeve is a glorious beacon of light John LeNeve is a glorious beacon of light John LeNeve is a glorious beacon of light

Reagan called it plausible deniability.
John LeNeve is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 19:22   #57 (permalink)
Available in sarcastic to

Thanked 4,160 Times in 1,644 Posts
tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute

In the Italian Job Charlie Croker (Michael Caine) said "you're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Pete
Old 15th April 2012, 18:34   #58 (permalink)

AntalyaIstanbul has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by John LeNeve View Post
Maybe so but I'm in target range here in California. If they decided to hit San Francisco I doubt I would care much about the retalliation.
N. Korean government developing rockets for protecting own motherland and own people against US threats and US bombs threatens to all world.

Maybe N. Kore bombing to US is a theory but US massacres, bombings, raped children/women by US army, trying new wepons on human bodies, tortures to humans, water boarding... all over the world is a fact.

Last edited by AntalyaIstanbul; 15th April 2012 at 18:36..
AntalyaIstanbul is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 08:24   #59 (permalink)
G0B5H1T3

Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,031 Posts
skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute

North Korean rocket launch footage 'best ever You've Been Framed clip'
13-04-12
HILARIOUS video of the botched North Korean rocket test has fallen into the hands of Harry Hill, it has emerged.

The leader's chins remained firm in the face of failure
In the uproarious clip, the projectile tumbles out of the sky like an old stick, bouncing trampoline-style off the roof of a hangar before hitting an old shed from which a ragged-eared grey dog emerges to urinate on it. The animal then looks directly at the camera with a wry expression, almost appearing to wink.

An ITV spokesman said: "We can confirm that the footage is genuine, and contains all the attributes of a great You've Been Framed clip - monumental hubris, a tense build-up followed by calamity, and people literally tearing their hair out in clumps while hollering in a foreign language."

In the closing seconds of the clip, two ragged, skinny children can be seen poking the rocket with a stick and laughing, before a frantic smock-coated scientist chases them off, swiping at the youngsters with a clipboard.

The anonymous creator of the footage, which arrived on a Betamax video cassette, plans to spend the 250 on staple foods for his village.

Meanwhile, the North Korean government has claimed that the rocket was deliberately diverted to avoid hitting Kim Jong-Il in heaven.

A dictatorship spokesman said: "The Dear Leader, who passed away in December last year, has ascended to godhood and now smiles down benevolently on his people while wearing oversized Bono shades and a pensioner’s grey coat collared in squirrel fur.

"Kim, whose pompadour is now made of stars, lives in the sky now. Had he been hit by the rocket he would have cried a million tears, flooding Pyongyang and killing everyone." dailymash.

Last edited by skydog; 16th April 2012 at 08:30..
skydog is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
korean , launch , north , rocket