FORUM
  Home
  Forums
  Photo Gallery
  TLF Donations
  Forum Rules
  Register
  LINKS
  Property Buying Guide
  Property Rentals
  Cheap Flights
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  Egyptian Living Forum
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
  £1.00 (GBP)=
  €1.00 (EUR)=
  $1.00 (USD)=
  rates from coinmill.com
Old 2nd January 2013, 00:17   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
AntalyaIstanbul's Avatar
 

Thanks: 0
Thanked 684 Times in 378 Posts
AntalyaIstanbul has disabled reputation
Re: Timbuktu's Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
After reading the first post on this thread I was going to say "well at least we cannot blame the Yanks on this one" then I read your post...............very true we do not have the right to insult Muslims or Islam BUT they do such a great job of insulting themselves that there is really no need for us to even try. These fanatics are followers of your faith, it may well be a good faith but where they go wrong is to try & convert everyone to it by force & destruction to become a "follower". Its as though in this life ANYTHING that goes wrong for a Muslim is the Americans fault. I suppose this is where you go into denial that they are "not true Muslims" & all the rest of it. They are what they are. Every religion has their own fanatics, you lot just seem to have a lot more than most.......live with it.....because we will not.
please speak for yourself do not use ''we'' yes no one have no right to insult Islam and any religions should respect to believers. I did not share my belief and I don't like religious discussions. Usual obsessive thought mistake: Islam is the reason of anti US mentality this is a big fault, In Turkiye %80 of people against US not due to reason of being Muslim or Islam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpole View Post
lt is not an insult.lt is a fact,so start to realize who really are the one's that are insulting the Muslim religion and the lslamic faith that has been hijacked by extremists.
Look a little deeper into the insiders of the faith and you will see how these terrorist groups have used the faith to fit their own selfish purpose.
lt is about time the Muslims like yourself starts to wise up who is tainting your so called religion of peace and stop blaming the one's that view lslam as a organization for terrorist.Muslims must fight this alone and erradicate the enemy within that degenerating your faith and culture.
lslamic followers have only themselves to blame for portraying themselves as organized terror groups.How can this organization proclaim a peaceful faith when theysexually murder women and look on women as a commodity for males selfish purpose.And many many more barbaric humanity austrocities that only the devil would be pleased with.lf you wish the world communities to view lslam as evil,they are going about it the right way.But if the followers of lslam want the world to see lslam as a peaceful faith.Then all you have to do is for all Muslims to oust out the evil perpartraitors within.lt is up to the lslamic followers,not the world to lable lslam as a faith of peace.But l very much doubt it when the faith has a mentality that favours evil motives

Which facts? Your bigotry claims not based on any scientific and historical research and data. First Muslims and Islam not different things. What a shame your racist, insolent comments approved by some members.
__________________
Peace at home, peace in the world

Last edited by AntalyaIstanbul; 2nd January 2013 at 00:24..
AntalyaIstanbul is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AntalyaIstanbul For This Useful Post:
DRACEY (2nd January 2013)
Old 2nd January 2013, 06:52   #12 (permalink)
The Penguin Rules
 
northpole's Avatar
 

Thanks: 644
Thanked 2,010 Times in 804 Posts
northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Timbuktu's Destruction

Which facts? Your bigotry claims not based on any scientific and historical research and data. First Muslims and Islam not different things. What a shame your racist, insolent comments approved by some members.
lslam is not a race,so l cannot be accused of being racist.The claims l base it on is what l read and hear[l did my research] that's enough evidence to tell me this organized faith is not a follower of peace.My post is self explanatary,and if you cannot see the facts yourself about what is destroying your faith,then that will only result in an ever growing bad reputation being advertised throughout the worldly communities.
lslam is full of hypocrisy.They claim non muslims as racist.But when they shout at the roof tops that all non muslims must be killed, is not racist to them.That alone is definately a racist remark from the lslamic followers.
Look at the facts and you will see a lot of hypocrisy in the lslamic faith

Last edited by northpole; 2nd January 2013 at 06:54..
northpole is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 16:04   #13 (permalink)
Available in sarcastic to
 
tykatem's Avatar
 

Thanks: 1,599
Thanked 3,444 Times in 1,419 Posts
tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Timbuktu's Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot View Post
Par for the course really,would I expect any less after the destruction of the Buddha statue in Afghanistan.
Afghan Taliban leader orders destruction of ancient statues
This has been going on for sometime now:-

More attacks on polio workers in Pakistan - Central & South Asia - Al Jazeera English

Senior police officer Shahid Hayat blamed "militants who issued a fatwa against polio vaccination in the past" for the killings.
In June, the Taliban banned immunisations in the tribal region of Waziristan, condemning the polio campaign as a cover for espionage."

The Taliban have also just executed 21 Police in the NW province :-

Pakistani Taliban execute captured policemen - Central & South Asia - Al Jazeera English

A load of Shia Muslims have also been killed in the last few days :-

19 Shiites killed in Pakistan bomb blast

You will see bombings, killings & kidnappings happening in Pakistan reported almost everyday, much of it allegedly by the Taliban, most just doesn't find its way into Western news broadcasts!

Pete
__________________
"I'm only responsible for what I say...not what you understand".
tykatem is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 16:23   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
teosgirl's Avatar
 

Thanks: 4,472
Thanked 7,447 Times in 2,810 Posts
teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Timbuktu's Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
After reading the first post on this thread I was going to say "well at least we cannot blame the Yanks on this one" then I read your post...............very true we do not have the right to insult Muslims or Islam BUT they do such a great job of insulting themselves that there is really no need for us to even try. These fanatics are followers of your faith, it may well be a good faith but where they go wrong is to try & convert everyone to it by force & destruction to become a "follower". Its as though in this life ANYTHING that goes wrong for a Muslim is the Americans fault. I suppose this is where you go into denial that they are "not true Muslims" & all the rest of it. They are what they are. Every religion has their own fanatics, you lot just seem to have a lot more than most.......live with it.....because we will not.

Because that's the example Mohammed set - he was a warmonger, who forced conversion to Islam, allowed his 'soldiers' to take women as sex slaves and killed infidels.

Try as they may to convey their religion as peaceful, it seems it's the Muslim countries which suffer from internal violence, civil war/terrorism and human rights abuses more than any other in the world.
Muslims are responsible for killing more Muslims on the planet, than any 'Western' lead attack. 40,000 in Turkey alone (but they're all brothers you know...)


Charlotte
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to teosgirl For This Useful Post:
Akasya (2nd January 2013), Ceni (2nd January 2013), northpole (2nd January 2013), parrot (2nd January 2013), shirleyanntr (2nd January 2013), Spurs (2nd January 2013), tykatem (2nd January 2013)
Old 2nd January 2013, 16:33   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 9
Thanked 96 Times in 55 Posts
emerald has a spectacular aura about emerald has a spectacular aura about emerald has a spectacular aura about
Re: Timbuktu's Destruction

best thing to do with these animals is to dig a big hole in the desert and bury them.no place for them in soceity.stone age idiots
emerald is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emerald For This Useful Post:
Bill & June (2nd January 2013), Ceni (2nd January 2013), northpole (2nd January 2013)
Old 2nd January 2013, 17:18   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
shirleyanntr's Avatar
 

Thanks: 19,631
Thanked 20,746 Times in 7,073 Posts
shirleyanntr has disabled reputation
Re: Timbuktu's Destruction

Unfortunately İslam was spread by the sword..submit or die..and its still the same. today.
whch country is progressive where İslam dominates
__________________
Comment is free but facts are sacred.
shirleyanntr is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shirleyanntr For This Useful Post:
Akasya (2nd January 2013), northpole (2nd January 2013), parrot (2nd January 2013), Spurs (2nd January 2013)
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:05   #17 (permalink)
Spurs
 
Spurs's Avatar
 

Thanks: 4,507
Thanked 8,157 Times in 2,679 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Timbuktu's Destruction

Quote: please speak for yourself do not use ''we'' yes no one have no right to insult Islam and any religions should respect to believers. I did not share my belief and I don't like religious discussions. Usual obsessive thought mistake: Islam is the reason of anti US mentality this is a big fault, In Turkiye %80 of people against US not due to reason of being Muslim or Islam.

Of course 80% in Turkey are against the Americans but how you just love taking the $.

Ps. Just had a postcard from Abu Hamza, he thinks its great there. He is saying that he is never coming back to the UK. So its not too bad there.
__________________
Spurs

NO STRANGER TO DANGER

Last edited by Spurs; 2nd January 2013 at 18:10..
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
Ceni (3rd January 2013), northpole (2nd January 2013), shirleyanntr (2nd January 2013), Yalides (2nd January 2013)
Old 6th January 2013, 19:06   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
AntalyaIstanbul's Avatar
 

Thanks: 0
Thanked 684 Times in 378 Posts
AntalyaIstanbul has disabled reputation
Re: Timbuktu's Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpole View Post
Which facts? Your bigotry claims not based on any scientific and historical research and data. First Muslims and Islam not different things. What a shame your racist, insolent comments approved by some members.
lslam is not a race,so l cannot be accused of being racist.The claims l base it on is what l read and hear[l did my research] that's enough evidence to tell me this organized faith is not a follower of peace.My post is self explanatary,and if you cannot see the facts yourself about what is destroying your faith,then that will only result in an ever growing bad reputation being advertised throughout the worldly communities.
lslam is full of hypocrisy.They claim non muslims as racist.But when they shout at the roof tops that all non muslims must be killed, is not racist to them.That alone is definately a racist remark from the lslamic followers.
Look at the facts and you will see a lot of hypocrisy in the lslamic faith
I know I made a mistake when using racism word however according to us in our culture hostility to any religion no difference with racism or NAZISM. You and no one have no right to insult and critise religions and followers. Keep your belief.



Quote:
Originally Posted by teosgirl View Post
Because that's the example Mohammed set - he was a warmonger, who forced conversion to Islam, allowed his 'soldiers' to take women as sex slaves and killed infidels.

Try as they may to convey their religion as peaceful, it seems it's the Muslim countries which suffer from internal violence, civil war/terrorism and human rights abuses more than any other in the world.
Muslims are responsible for killing more Muslims on the planet, than any 'Western' lead attack. 40,000 in Turkey alone (but they're all brothers you know...)

Charlotte
I think I have a knowledge about Islam religion I am from Islam community and native Turkish as you claimed things never acknowledged in Islam community. I think human and women rights, civil war and terrorism not relevant with Islam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald View Post
best thing to do with these animals is to dig a big hole in the desert and bury them.no place for them in soceity.stone age idiots
You and who have diased ideas like you should be treated and isolated from the community. You have no difference from sickly NAZIS.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleyanntr View Post
Unfortunately İslam was spread by the sword..submit or die..and its still the same. today.
whch country is progressive where İslam dominates
Islam was not spread by the sword because of no missionary rule in Islam as Christianity. Unfortunately this is the big unawareness. To become a Muslim are based on the free choice of the person. Today Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the world. Today % 5 population of UK Muslim. Western people searching Islam and being Muslim.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
Quote: please speak for yourself do not use ''we'' yes no one have no right to insult Islam and any religions should respect to believers. I did not share my belief and I don't like religious discussions. Usual obsessive thought mistake: Islam is the reason of anti US mentality this is a big fault, In Turkiye %80 of people against US not due to reason of being Muslim or Islam.

Of course 80% in Turkey are against the Americans but how you just love taking the $.

Ps. Just had a postcard from Abu Hamza, he thinks its great there. He is saying that he is never coming back to the UK. So its not too bad there.

I do not understand what you mean which dollars? otherwise Turks have no problem with Americans and Noth Americans problem with US policies. When it comes to this terrible terrorist he does not represent Muslim community.
__________________
Peace at home, peace in the world
AntalyaIstanbul is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2013, 19:29   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
teosgirl's Avatar
 

Thanks: 4,472
Thanked 7,447 Times in 2,810 Posts
teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Timbuktu's Destruction

Islam was exactly spread by the sword - do you not know Mohammed lead an army?


The idea of Muhammad as a military man will be new to many. Yet he was a truly great general. In the space of a single decade he fought eight major battles, led eighteen raids, and planned another thirty-eight military operations where others were in command but operating under his orders and strategic direction. Wounded twice, he also twice experienced having his positions overrun by superior forces before he managed to turn the tables on his enemies and rally his men to victory. More than a great field general and tactician, he was also a military theorist, organizational reformer, strategic thinker, operational-level combat commander, political-military leader, heroic soldier, and revolutionary. The inventor of insurgency warfare and history's first successful practitioner, Muhammad had no military training before he commanded an army in the field.

.......

Muhammad was first and foremost a revolutionary, a fiery religious guerrilla leader who created and led the first genuine national insurgency in antiquity that is comprehensible in modern terms, a fact not lost on the jihadis of the present day, who often cite the Koran and Muhammad's use of violence as justification for their own insurgencies. Unlike conventional generals, Muhammad did not seek the defeat of a foreign enemy or invader; rather, he sought to replace the existing Arabian social order with a new one based upon a radically different ideological worldview. To achieve his revolutionary goals Muhammad utilized all the means recognized by modern analysts as characteristic of a successful insurgency in today's world.

Muhammad: The Warrior Prophet

You say human and womens rights, civil war and terrorism not relevant with Islam, however they are unquestionably more prevalent in Muslim societies.

I refer you back to Mr Bekdil's excellent column:

Why Golda Meir was right.

It has been more than two and a half years since Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan told to Israeli President Shimon Peres’s face, “You (Jews) know well how to kill.”

It has been more than two and a half years since Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan told to Israeli President Shimon Peres’s face, “You (Jews) know well how to kill.” Prime Minister Erdoğan has also declared more than a few times that the main obstacle to peace in this part of the world is Israel, once calling the Jewish state “a festering boil in the Middle East that spreads hate and enmity.” In this holy month of Ramadan full of blood on Muslim territories, let’s try to identify who are the ones who know well how to kill.

As the Syrian death count clicks every day to come close to 2,000, the Turkish-Kurdish death count does not stop, already over 40,000 since 1984, both adding to the big pool of blood called the Middle East. Only during this Ramadan, the Kurdistan Workers’ Party, or PKK’s, death toll has reached 50 in this Muslim Kurds vs. Muslim Turks war. This excludes the PKK casualties in Turkey and in northern Iraq due to Turkish military retaliation since they are seldom accurately reported.

Let’s speak of facts.

Sudan is not in the conventional Middle East, so let’s ignore the genocide there. Let’s ignore, also, the West Pakistani massacres in East Pakistan (Bangladesh) totaling 1.25 million in 1971. Or 200,000 deaths in Algeria in war between Islamists and the government in 1991-2006.

But a simple, strictly Middle East research will give you one million deaths in the all-Muslim Iran-Iraq war; 300,000 Muslim minorities killed by Saddam Hussein; 80,000 Iranians killed during the Islamic revolution; 25,000 deaths in 1970-71, the days of Black September, by the Jordanian government in its fight against the Palestinians; and 20,000 Islamists killed in 1982 by the elder al-Assad in Hama. The World Health Organization’s estimate of Osama bin Laden’s carnage in Iraq was already 150,000 a few years earlier.

In a 2007 research, Gunnar Heinsohn from the University of Bremen and Daniel Pipes, director of the Middle East Forum, found out that some 11 million Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, (0.3 percent) died during the six years of Arab war against Israel, or one out of every 315 fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent who perished were killed by fellow Muslims.

According to Mssrs. Heinsohn and Pipes, the grisly inventory finds the total number of deaths in conflicts all over the world since 1950 numbering around 85 million. Of that, the Muslim Arab deaths in the Arab-Israeli conflict were at 46,000 including 11,000 during Israel’s war of independence. That makes 0.05 percent of all deaths in all conflicts, or 0.4 percent of all Arab deaths in the Arab-Israeli conflict.

In another calculation ignoring “small” massacres like the one that goes on in Syria and other deaths during the Arab Spring, only Saddam’s Iraq, Jordan, the elder al-Assad’s Syria, Iran-Iraq war, the bin Laden campaign in Iraq, the Iranian Islamic revolution and the Turkish-Kurdish conflict caused 1.65 million Muslim deaths by Muslims compared to less than 50,000 deaths in the Arab-Israeli conflict since 1950, including fatalities during and after Operation Cast Lead which came after the Heinsohn-Pipes study. For those who don’t have a calculator ready at their desks, allow me to tell: 50,000 is three percent of 1.65 million.

Golda Meir, the fourth prime minister of Israel, or rather the “Mother of Israel,” had a perfectly realistic point when she said that peace in the Middle East would only be possible “when Arabs love their children more than they hate us.”





Charlotte
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teosgirl For This Useful Post:
Bill & June (7th January 2013), shirleyanntr (6th January 2013)
Reply

Tags
destruction , timbuktu



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Destruction, very sad. Yildez Datca Datca Forum 13 13th November 2012 06:43
Destruction in Dalyan Kirpi Dalyan Forum 5 25th February 2011 11:20
Destruction in Didim Kirpi Useful information and articles about Turkey 3 3rd June 2010 22:07



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:32.
TurkishLiving.com tested by Norton Internet Security TurkishLiving.com tested by McAfee Internet Security
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Style Provided By: Wrestling Clique - Wrestling Forums
TurkishLiving.com


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156