FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > News & Views

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st February 2013, 20:22   #21 (permalink)
Most Valued Member

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,194 Posts
John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute John O' Dreams has a reputation beyond repute
Re: One reported dead in explosion near US Embassy in Turkish capital Ankara

Quote:
Originally Posted by winslowdream View Post
Lara,
Don't you read the papers or follow the news? From one end of the world to the other Muslims are killing themselves and those opposed to their was of thinking. Just read about the terrorism today in Pakistan and Iraq. Can you not understand why non-muslimns jump to the conclusion it was a religious act of terror. The denial is beyond comprehension.
But why are the Christians bombing them all the time?
John O' Dreams is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John O' Dreams For This Useful Post:
culturevulture (2nd February 2013), lara (1st February 2013), pembelu (3rd February 2013)
Old 1st February 2013, 21:00   #22 (permalink)

Steve Bostanli is a glorious beacon of light Steve Bostanli is a glorious beacon of light Steve Bostanli is a glorious beacon of light Steve Bostanli is a glorious beacon of light Steve Bostanli is a glorious beacon of light Steve Bostanli is a glorious beacon of light

Celal, if you can show me proof, by way of reports of course, that this suicide bomber was an Islamic radicalist, I would appreicate it. In Turkey, as you know, leftist groups, nationailist groups, i.e. the Grey Wolves, heck, even the MHP have a total dislike of the US. As the story goes, still a story of a leftists suicide bomber, and nothing else.
Steve Bostanli is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2013, 21:20   #23 (permalink)

Thanked 1,207 Times in 372 Posts
Celal has much to be proud of Celal has much to be proud of Celal has much to be proud of Celal has much to be proud of Celal has much to be proud of Celal has much to be proud of Celal has much to be proud of Celal has much to be proud of Celal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bostanli View Post
Celal, if you can show me proof, by way of reports of course, that this suicide bomber was an Islamic radicalist, I would appreicate it. In Turkey, as you know, leftist groups, nationailist groups, i.e. the Grey Wolves, heck, even the MHP have a total dislike of the US. As the story goes, still a story of a leftists suicide bomber, and nothing else.
Steve, when I debate such topics, I do so as a rationalist. Nothing more. I follow reason. You clearly seem to be burdened by no such logic. Which is why you reframed my post as if I claimed that the man was a "an Islamic radicalist". You know very well I said no such thing. You were unable to answer my post so you reframed it. That is a sign that I need to go no further with you. My aim is to educate the uninformed. You and those like you see no connection between Islam and people willingly die by blowing themselves up, are simply uninformed.

When a Muslim is killed, the belief system twists the death into heavenly rewards. He is a "Sehit" when the cause is seen as just. It doesnt have to be a religious war. All Turkish soldiers who die in fights are "sehits". The enemy they fight, the PKK fighters who are Muslims when they die, they are seen as "sehit" from their vantage point. Neither side is fighting "in defense of Islam", but fighting with a set of belief systems. Police who is killed in the line of duty is "Sehit". Turks who fought and died in the Korean War that is on the opposite side of the World, were "Sehits". Go straight to Heaven. They didn't fight a religious war. But that was their belief system.

Disagreements are welcome. It is an opportunity to exchange opinions. But, changing my words, because you were unable to answer a direct question put to you, is not.
Celal is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Celal For This Useful Post:
shirleyanntr (2nd February 2013)
Old 1st February 2013, 21:28   #24 (permalink)

Steve Bostanli is a glorious beacon of light Steve Bostanli is a glorious beacon of light Steve Bostanli is a glorious beacon of light Steve Bostanli is a glorious beacon of light Steve Bostanli is a glorious beacon of light Steve Bostanli is a glorious beacon of light

Celal, I never claimed you said it was an Islamic radicalist, I was asking if you could point me to proof if it was, rather then making a blanket assumption it was because he was of muslim faith he could do such a cowardly thing. My wife and Turkish family are Turkish, and to their belief they see hell only awaits those who kill in the name of religion, and nothing awaits them in paradise, because it will be denied. So if some people have twisted beliefs, it truly isn't what Islam, like the other great religions of the world is all about. People have always use religion as a crutch for carrying out such cowardly deeds for their own purposes, and using religion as an excuse. Uninformed no, eyes wide open, as well as mind and heart, yes. Again, this link from the US Department of Homeland Security doesn't see anything Islamic in their motivation or acts.

Terrorist Organization Profile - START - National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism

Last edited by Steve Bostanli; 1st February 2013 at 21:30..
Steve Bostanli is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Bostanli For This Useful Post:
RiskRewarded (1st February 2013)
Old 1st February 2013, 23:05   #25 (permalink)

Mary Gambrell will become famous soon enough

]No one will ever know why a suicide bomber will blow himself up and take other peoples lives with them, be it a man or a woman bomber are they brave or not this is debatable, brainwashed or just plain stupid, which ever one we all choose no one will ever know

Dave

Altinkum Royal Apartment Rental - Home
Mary Gambrell is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2013, 23:27   #26 (permalink)
Non Active Member

RiskRewarded will become famous soon enough

crazy is crazy, no matter what the political or religious affiliation. why point fingers?

lets hope that all these blinkered bomber bell ends either become swiftly extinct as Darwinism runs its course, or may their arses be raped by angry Devils in hell.
RiskRewarded is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiskRewarded For This Useful Post:
Bill & June (2nd February 2013), Steve Bostanli (2nd February 2013)
Old 2nd February 2013, 09:45   #27 (permalink)
G0B5H1T3

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,034 Posts
skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute skydog has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Make me a Muslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bostanli View Post
The apparent suicide bomber in Ankara today was a member of a Marxist-Leninist terrorist organization, not a Islamic terror member. I have my opinions on this topic, but let's get is right about the bombing, there is no evidence showing it was a radical Islamist but rather a Marxist-Leninist terror group with an extreme hate for the west, in particular the US.
They're still loonies whatever handle they choose to call themselves.

In this case I think Wolfie 'Citizen' Smith has a lot to answer for.

Power to the people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskRewarded View Post
or may their arses be raped by angry Devils in hell.
This may possibly be viewed as 'Heaven' by those of a certain erm..... 'persuasion'
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:03   #28 (permalink)
Senior Members

Super Splash Champion!
Thanked 2,020 Times in 641 Posts
Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskRewarded View Post
crazy is crazy, no matter what the political or religious affiliation. why point fingers?

lets hope that all these blinkered bomber bell ends either become swiftly extinct as Darwinism runs its course, or may their arses be raped by angry Devils in hell.
As they say in the film (The Quiet Man) what a lovely sentiment!!!
RiskRewarded (2nd February 2013), Steve Bostanli (2nd February 2013)
Old 2nd February 2013, 13:38   #29 (permalink)

Thanked 1,850 Times in 805 Posts
DRACEY has a brilliant future DRACEY has a brilliant future DRACEY has a brilliant future DRACEY has a brilliant future DRACEY has a brilliant future DRACEY has a brilliant future DRACEY has a brilliant future DRACEY has a brilliant future DRACEY has a brilliant future DRACEY has a brilliant future DRACEY has a brilliant future
Re: Make me a Muslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yalides View Post
At the risk of sounding frivolous about a very serious subject I must say they do love their long fancy sounding titles don`t they ?
Very Monty Python,
Are you the Judean People's Front? **** off! What? Judean People's Front. We're the People's Front of Judea!

DENNIS: Oh king, eh, very nice. An' how'd you get that, eh? By exploitin' the workers -- by 'angin' on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic an' social differences in our society! ....If there's ever going to be any progress--

Sorry, off topic.

Last edited by DRACEY; 2nd February 2013 at 13:46..
DRACEY is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2013, 17:32   #30 (permalink)

winslowdream has a spectacular aura about winslowdream has a spectacular aura about winslowdream has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by John O' Dreams View Post
But why are the Christians bombing them all the time?
Who is killing under the banner of Christianity? at the far end of the conspiracy spectrum is the belief that the west is at war with islam.
winslowdream is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to winslowdream For This Useful Post:
Bill & June (2nd February 2013)

Tags
ankara , capital , dead , embassy , explosion , reported , turkish