Classified Ads
  Egyptian Living Forum
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Save on your hotel - www.hotelscombined.com
Old 1st September 2013, 13:11   #251 (permalink)

Thanked 11,630 Times in 4,637 Posts
mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute
Re: War: Here We Go Again.

Any scientific independent proof of this sociopathy or is it another demonising exercise?. Im not a phychiatrist so I can't tell.
mollag is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mollag For This Useful Post:
shirleyanntr (1st September 2013)
Old 1st September 2013, 13:43   #252 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 28,777 Times in 11,903 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by giglets View Post
I think it will be touch and go for Obama to get an endorsement from both the Senate (probably yes) and the House of Representatives (probably a narrow no) for his proposals on a strike against Syria.

Technically, he could go ahead without either, as has been done many times before, but the Cameron result has given him a shock and he wants to be seen to be a true Democrat on this issue.

A lot will depend on what Assad does in the near future - particularly in the next 9-10 days until the Yanks vote and there is only so long the the Russians can protect the back of that murderous sociopath.

If it was indeed him who committed the gas attack (as he has done 14 times previously), there is every likelihood that he will do the same again, given the lack of any serious response this time round.

Sociopaths don't recognize normal boundaries on behaviour, don't care about the consequences and don't accept moral responsibility for their actions.

Perfect characteristic traits for a Dictator.

Totally agree...............even though Obama is quite capable of making the decision himself, I think the fact that Cameron had the vote on it was a show out on Democracy.
I would like America to do the strike on the Asaad regime, yes the fighting will continue for years but I think its a better option than just throwing "bucket fulls" of arms into the arena.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
Bill & June (1st September 2013)
Old 1st September 2013, 13:51   #253 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 6,335 Times in 2,258 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollag View Post
Any scientific independent proof of this sociopathy or is it another demonising exercise?. Im not a phychiatrist so I can't tell.
He is not a sociopath by any accepted definition. He just happens to be on the wrong side from the point of view of rebel supporters; it is part of the game to name-call to people on the other side - it happens from school playgrounds right up to battlefields.

Ian
immac is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to immac For This Useful Post:
mollag (1st September 2013), shirleyanntr (1st September 2013), teosgirl (1st September 2013)
Old 1st September 2013, 14:01   #254 (permalink)
TCJ

Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,478 Posts
TCJ has disabled reputation

Since Congress is not expected to discuss this until some time in the week beginning 9 September everyone has a lot of time to submit reports, draw up plans, discuss the odds and quarrel a bit more.
TCJ is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2013, 15:12   #255 (permalink)

Thanked 8,290 Times in 3,182 Posts
giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute

No-one needs to "demonize" Assad - he is perfectly capable of doing that for himself, by his own actions.

He def meets the recognized criteria of a Sociopath, amongst other things, as far as I am concerned - in fact, they fit him like a glove on a bloody hand.

Oh, nearly forgot, Facist as well -

Syria?s Bashar Assad using prisoners as human shields: report - Washington Times
Bill & June (1st September 2013)
Old 1st September 2013, 15:24   #256 (permalink)
Dreaming of Akbuk

Thanked 7,816 Times in 3,757 Posts
Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by teosgirl View Post
Bill and June,

I think that's the point. No answers.

Funny how no one seemed to care about Sarin gas when the rebels had it back in May? Both reports from May, yet not a peep by US/UK politicians about it.

Charlotte
BBC News - Syria crisis: Doctor criticises Miliband over MPs' vote

Charlotte, not a lot has been said by the supporters of Assad about the use of napalm dropped from war-planes on Men, Women and Children. Or are we to believe that these same war-planes belonged to the opposition Air-Force?

Bill.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill & June For This Useful Post:
giglets (1st September 2013)
Old 1st September 2013, 15:43   #257 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 6,335 Times in 2,258 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No-one needs to "demonize" Assad - he is perfectly capable of doing that for himself, by his own actions.

He def meets the recognized criteria of a Sociopath, amongst other things, as far as I am concerned - in fact, they fit him like a glove on a bloody hand.

Oh, nearly forgot, Facist as well -

Syria?s Bashar Assad using prisoners as human shields: report - Washington Times
Some years ago I was working with a psychiatrist who was on attachment. His main job was assessing RAF applicants who wanted to be fighter pilots. His rule of thumb was that he was looking for people who would sit astride a rocket and, if ordered to, would drop a nuclear bomb on their own grandmother without question. You could apply that test to any member of the British armed services who hold a gun and ascribe to them the title sociopath, but we don´t do that because they are our boys. al-Assad just happens to be head of a country we don´t like at the moment; next year he will be England´s best friend if the political wind shifts.

Ian
immac is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to immac For This Useful Post:
Akasya (1st September 2013)
Old 1st September 2013, 15:44   #258 (permalink)
Available in sarcastic to

Thanked 5,472 Times in 2,091 Posts
tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute tykatem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If it was indeed him who committed the gas attack (as he has done 14 times previously), there is every likelihood that he will do the same again, given the lack of any serious response this time round.
Has it been proven beyond all reasonable doubt the he was the perpetrator?
The middle east is a hotbed of rumours and conspiracy theories.

The following was written by Dale Gavlak who is a MintPress News Middle East correspondent who has been freelancing for the AP as a Amman, Jordan correspondent for nearly a decade. This report is not an Associated Press article; rather it is exclusive to MintPress News. Dale Gavlak assisted in the research and writing process of this article, but was not on the ground in Syria. Reporter Yahya Ababneh, with whom the report was written in collaboration, was the correspondent on the ground in Ghouta who spoke directly with the rebels, their family members, victims of the chemical weapons attacks and local residents:-

Ghouta, Syria — As the machinery for a U.S.-led military intervention in Syria gathers pace following last week’s chemical weapons attack, the U.S. and its allies may be targeting the wrong culprit.

Interviews with people in Damascus and Ghouta, a suburb of the Syrian capital, where the humanitarian agency Doctors Without Borders said at least 355 people had died last week from what it believed to be a neurotoxic agent, appear to indicate as much.

The U.S., Britain, and France as well as the Arab League have accused the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad for carrying out the chemical weapons attack, which mainly targeted civilians. U.S. warships are stationed in the Mediterranean Sea to launch military strikes against Syria in punishment for carrying out a massive chemical weapons attack. The U.S. and others are not interested in examining any contrary evidence, with U.S Secretary of State John Kerry saying Monday that Assad’s guilt was “a judgment … already clear to the world.”

However, from numerous interviews with doctors, Ghouta residents, rebel fighters and their families, a different picture emerges. Many believe that certain rebels received chemical weapons via the Saudi intelligence chief, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, and were responsible for carrying out the dealing gas attack.

“My son came to me two weeks ago asking what I thought the weapons were that he had been asked to carry,” said Abu Abdel-Moneim, the father of a rebel fighting to unseat Assad, who lives in Ghouta.

Abdel-Moneim said his son and 12 other rebels were killed inside of a tunnel used to store weapons provided by a Saudi militant, known as Abu Ayesha, who was leading a fighting battalion. The father described the weapons as having a “tube-like structure” while others were like a “huge gas bottle.”

Ghouta townspeople said the rebels were using mosques and private houses to sleep while storing their weapons in tunnels.

Abdel-Moneim said his son and the others died during the chemical weapons attack. That same day, the militant group Jabhat al-Nusra, which is linked to al-Qaida, announced that it would similarly attack civilians in the Assad regime’s heartland of Latakia on Syria’s western coast, in purported retaliation.

“They didn’t tell us what these arms were or how to use them,” complained a female fighter named ‘K.’ “We didn’t know they were chemical weapons. We never imagined they were chemical weapons.”

“When Saudi Prince Bandar gives such weapons to people, he must give them to those who know how to handle and use them,” she warned. She, like other Syrians, do not want to use their full names for fear of retribution.

A well-known rebel leader in Ghouta named ‘J’ agreed. “Jabhat al-Nusra militants do not cooperate with other rebels, except with fighting on the ground. They do not share secret information. They merely used some ordinary rebels to carry and operate this material,” he said.

“We were very curious about these arms. And unfortunately, some of the fighters handled the weapons improperly and set off the explosions,” ‘J’ said.

Doctors who treated the chemical weapons attack victims cautioned interviewers to be careful about asking questions regarding who, exactly, was responsible for the deadly assault.

The humanitarian group Doctors Without Borders added that health workers aiding 3,600 patients also reported experiencing similar symptoms, including frothing at the mouth, respiratory distress, convulsions and blurry vision. The group has not been able to independently verify the information.

More than a dozen rebels interviewed reported that their salaries came from the Saudi government.

EXCLUSIVE: Syrians In Ghouta Claim Saudi-Supplied Rebels Behind Chemical Attack

Personally, i've yet to be convinced either way.

The thing is that nobody or any government has yet explained what they or anyone else could do in Syria that would result in preventing the further use of chemical weapons other than a full blown invasion and occupation and we know how successful that was in Iraq.

Pete
Old 1st September 2013, 15:44   #259 (permalink)
Non Active Member

huggi2010 is just really nice huggi2010 is just really nice huggi2010 is just really nice huggi2010 is just really nice huggi2010 is just really nice

Its a bit silly those opposing Assad name calling re sociopaths- when the opposition forces have used every terror tactic including beheadings and indeed have one commander who uses cannibalism
huggi2010 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to huggi2010 For This Useful Post:
mollag (1st September 2013), teosgirl (1st September 2013)
Old 1st September 2013, 15:45   #260 (permalink)

Thanked 8,290 Times in 3,182 Posts
giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute giglets has a reputation beyond repute

Just in from Sky News -

A former high-ranking Syrian diplomat who defected saying his conscience could not allow him to continue representing the regime has emerged from hiding to give his first interview to Sky News.

Khaled al-Ayoubi was President Bashar al-Assad's most senior figure in Britain and was at the heart of discussions between Britain and Syria over its use of chemical weapons.

After resigning as the charge d'affaire at the Syrian embassy in July 2012, Mr al-Ayoubi said he had been granted protection by the UK's Foreign Office in return for information about the Syrian regime.

Since then he said he received death threats from members of Mr Assad's secret intelligence service and had been forced to live at a secret location.

Speaking exclusively to Sky News he said: "When I decided to step down from my post I received messages from people within the Syrian government. They said if I was seen walking down the street in London I would be killed."

The Foreign Office provided him and his wife and two children with a safe house outside London, he said.

Mr al-Ayoubi, an ethnic Kurd who joined the Syrian diplomatic service in 2001, now intends to apply for political asylum in the UK on the grounds he could face persecution if he was to return to his home country.

Mr al-Ayoubi revealed how the Foreign Office knew last year of the existence of chemical weapons in Syria and that the regime assured authorities they would not be used against civilians.

He said he believed President Assad was planning a chemical attack last summer but a crucial intervention by the British government may have prevented it.

"During the last two weeks of July 2012 there was information delivered to the British government about the preparation done by the regime to start using chemical weapons against the militants and the opposition surrounding Damascus.

"They called me and they asked me to deliver a message to Syria saying that they had information that they have the intention and the will to use chemical weapons against the people and that this was not acceptable.

"I delivered this message to Syria and they sent me an answer saying these chemical weapons are secured, stored and monitored by Syrian army and for use only in the case of aggression from outside the country.

"I think because there was condemnation by many countries at the time the Syrian government stopped their intention and didn’t launch any chemical attack against the opposition.

"Syria has never used chemical weapons on any country even when it has been threatened. Syria has chemical weapons for one use only - to target and kill its own civilians."

A source in the Foreign Office did not dispute Mr al-Ayoubi’s claims but added that if Syria had chemical weapons locked away there was "pretty solid" evidence that they had been used since on civilians since.

He said he and other Syrian activists had been left furious by the refusal by some MPs to vote in favour of British involvement in possible military action on Syria.

"Ed Miliband says there should be a diplomatic solution to the problem. You cannot be diplomatic with Assad. He is worse than Adolf Hitler.

"Hitler didn't use chemical weapons against his own people, he did not bomb his own towns and cities. Hitler is junior compared to Assad.

"But both of them are dictators, both of them are killers. Both of them bring agony and suffering to the people around them.

"The Labour party in particular will find themselves on the wrong side of history. How can they sit back and allow thousands of innocent Syrians to die.

"If there is no punishment, if you don’t stop him now, if he doesn’t see that there are serious consequences for killing people by chemical weapons he will use them again and again, over and over again.

"I believe that in the future the Syrian people will look at the people who fought in the British parliament and say you left us to be killed'".

Syria: Assad 'Planned Gas Attack Last Summer'

Tags
war