Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Save on your hotel - www.hotelscombined.com

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > News & Views

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th November 2013, 15:10   #1 (permalink)
Dreaming of Akbuk

Thanked 7,816 Times in 3,757 Posts
Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute
Has Iran got something to hide?

BBC News - Iran backed out of nuclear deal - John Kerry

Iran has backed out of a nuclear deal, are they trying to hide their real intentions?

Bill.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill & June For This Useful Post:
Yalides (11th November 2013)
Old 11th November 2013, 15:31   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 6,425 Times in 2,298 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Has Iran got something to hide?

France is an ally of Saudi and the French President is due to visit Israel within a few weeks. Fabius, the French negotiator, is from Jewish parents. How could it go smoothly?

The conditions were made impossible for Iran to agree to so as to force a problem. What they did not expect was that Iran agreed to more than expected and offered an extra layer of monitoring.

There may never be a better set of circumstances than now. However the US legislature are likely to bow to Israeli pressure and try to scupper the whole deal no matter what Obama and Kerry want.

Ian
immac is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 15:41   #3 (permalink)
Dreaming of Akbuk

Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by immac View Post
France is an ally of Saudi and the French President is due to visit Israel within a few weeks. Fabius, the French negotiator is from Jewish parents.

The conditions were made impossible for Iran to agree to so as to force a problem. What they did not expect was that Iran agreed to more than expected and offered an extra layer of monitoring.

There may never be a better set of circumstances than now. However the US legislature are likely to bow to Israeli pressure and try to scupper the whole deal no matter what Obama and Kerry want.

Ian

Ian,
It was Iran that pulled out of the deal, not France, Israel or Saudi Arabia, and I fail to see what the parentage of Fabius (the French Foreign Minister) has to do with the subject. You seem to be allowing your personal feelings to cloud your judgement.

Bill.

Last edited by Bill & June; 11th November 2013 at 15:47..
Bill & June is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 15:45   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

I donīt think I expressed my personal feelings, and I made no judgement. You are looking at this narrowly and not seeing the big picture which includes all the elements mentioned above; if you donīt look at the hands that Saudi and Israel play nothing makes sense.

Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to immac For This Useful Post:
kemerkid (11th November 2013)
Old 11th November 2013, 16:03   #5 (permalink)
Dreaming of Akbuk

Quote:
I donīt think I expressed my personal feelings, and I made no judgement. You are looking at this narrowly and not seeing the big picture which includes all the elements mentioned above; if you donīt look at the hands that Saudi and Israel play nothing makes sense.

Ian

Ian,
Your claim to be making "no judgement" rings hollow when you introduce the subject of the parentage of Laurent Fabius. This matter surely has no bearing on the outcome of these talks, or the attitude of the French negotiators to the talks. Or do you suggest that it does? I agree totally that Saudi Arabia and Israel have major rolls to play in the region, however, I also realise that Iran have a lot of influence in the Middle East.

Bill.
Old 11th November 2013, 16:04   #6 (permalink)
Jesus Loves You

Thanked 1,424 Times in 597 Posts
Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of

Iran wil emerge the winner in the next 2 weeks, Israel and Saudi are the Big losers in this.

They will keep Enriching Uranium so they Can Blow all Zionist back to Poland and Ukraine.
Old 11th November 2013, 16:20   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & June View Post
Ian,
Your claim to be making "no judgement" rings hollow when you introduce the subject of the parentage of Laurent Fabius. This matter surely has no bearing on the outcome of these talks, or the attitude of the French negotiators to the talks.
I have read fifteen (I think) opinions on these talks today, and people better informed than me think it does have a bearing: I agree with that. You can not ignore the backdrop of where people come from when you see how they operate in the present.
The Israeliīs have been lobbying hard today to get an outright rejection of any deal - that will be listened to by US legislators who, it is thought, will make their own attempts to scuttle the deal. Israel has the US Congress and House tightly in its grasp.
US is in a difficult position in trying to block a deal. They have been imposing sanctions in, they said, an attempt to get Iran to negotiate, now Iran has come forward and is offering a lot more than should be necessary given its membership of the Non Proliferation Group and the rights enshrined in such membership. How can they reject a deal and keep Israel and Saudi happy; if you need proof of their concern (and difficulty), the first place the US negotiators went today was Israel and Saudi.
A deal will be done, I am sure.

Ian

Ian
Old 11th November 2013, 16:42   #8 (permalink)
Dreaming of Akbuk

Quote:
I have read fifteen (I think) opinions on these talks today, and people better informed than me think it does have a bearing: I agree with that. You can not ignore the backdrop of where people come from when you see how they operate in the present.
The Israeliīs have been lobbying hard today to get an outright rejection of any deal - that will be listened to by US legislators who, it is thought, will make their own attempts to scuttle the deal. Israel has the US Congress and House tightly in its grasp.
US is in a difficult position in trying to block a deal. They have been imposing sanctions in, they said, an attempt to get Iran to negotiate, now Iran has come forward and is offering a lot more than should be necessary given its membership of the Non Proliferation Group and the rights enshrined in such membership. How can they reject a deal and keep Israel and Saudi happy; if you need proof of their concern (and difficulty), the first place the US negotiators went today was Israel and Saudi.
A deal will be done, I am sure.

Ian

Ian

Ian,
Unless you are suggesting, as some commentators have, that the background of M Fabius has affected his reasoning in these talks, then I cannot see how it can have any bearing as to the outcome of those talks.Non-Proliferation means just that, a reduction in number. Iran has consistently increased it's nuclear plant, far beyond that needed for purely domestic and non-military purposes. I share your hope that a deal will be done, as any major conflict in the Middle East has the potential to involve all the major powers in the world. As has been said Israel and Saudi Arabia are major players in the ME, so I can see no reason why the most powerful nation in the world should not speak to such influential nations immediately following the collapse of such important negotiations.

Bill.
Old 11th November 2013, 17:21   #9 (permalink)

apollo too is a splendid one to behold apollo too is a splendid one to behold apollo too is a splendid one to behold apollo too is a splendid one to behold apollo too is a splendid one to behold apollo too is a splendid one to behold apollo too is a splendid one to behold

Not 10 minutes ago on Aljazeera. They reported that Iran has signed an agreement with IAEA to allow inspection visits.

And the British Government and Iran are talking about restarting Diplomatic relations . John Kerry was also very positive about the meeting in Geneva and future meetings.
Bill & June (11th November 2013)
Old 11th November 2013, 17:37   #10 (permalink)
Am I pretty ?

Thanked 32,075 Times in 15,884 Posts
Yalides has disabled reputation

Iran have to agree to something because the alternative is a big ass kicking from Israel.
Bill & June (11th November 2013)

Tags
hide , iran