Classified Ads
  Egyptian Living Forum
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Save on your hotel - www.hotelscombined.com
Old 12th December 2013, 08:46   #11 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 16,905 Times in 8,498 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ukraine riots.

BBC News - Ukraine violence: US considers sanctions

I bet that will really scare Yanukovych!

OMG will the PC brigade never learn? Pity Obama doesnít read TLF.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
Yalides (12th December 2013)
Old 12th December 2013, 08:53   #12 (permalink)
Am I pretty ?

Thanked 32,073 Times in 15,883 Posts
Yalides has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycey View Post
Biggest protests so far today Ė even my wife & I joined the marchers!

Ö Anti government uproar in parliament but no majority unfortunately.

Ö And what does President Yanukovych have to say? Nothing! Heís just remembered an urgent appointment in China!

KyivPost / Independence. Community. Trust
You old reactionary Jaycey. How many petrol bombs did you throw ?
Jaycey (12th December 2013)
Old 12th December 2013, 09:07   #13 (permalink)
African refugee

Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yalides View Post
You old reactionary Jaycey. How many petrol bombs did you throw ?
You really should be more PC Des ... theyíre called Molotov cocktails in this part of the world and we just use them to keep the cops warm

As for how many? Petrol is cheap here!
Old 12th December 2013, 10:40   #14 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 29,293 Times in 12,358 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Yet another Country rife with "back door dealings" being offered millions to join a flagging EU club...............WHY?

It was suggested that the EU was designed to be a challenge to the US, so is it now challenging Russia also?

How long before the Peace Prize is handed back?

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 11:07   #15 (permalink)
African refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
Yet another Country rife with "back door dealings" being offered millions to join a flagging EU club...............WHY?

It was suggested that the EU was designed to be a challenge to the US, so is it now challenging Russia also?

How long before the Peace Prize is handed back?
The protests seem to be changing direction. Not so much joining EU as deposing a corrupt mafia government and getting out from under the Russian thumb. If fund/sloans were put into setting up a legimate government and building a proper infrastructure then Ukraine could be a valuable EU member.

Ukraine has a highly educated population, coal, gas and huge manufacturing and agricultural potential.

Weíre not talking Romas here.
Old 12th December 2013, 11:08   #16 (permalink)
Am I pretty ?

Thanked 32,073 Times in 15,883 Posts
Yalides has disabled reputation

Jaycey for Ukranian President......
Old 12th December 2013, 11:15   #17 (permalink)
African refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yalides View Post
Jaycey for Ukranian President......
Could do worse but I'm still battling with Russian and Ukrainian

.. probably easier to teach 60 million people to speak English.
Old 12th December 2013, 12:26   #18 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 29,293 Times in 12,358 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycey View Post
The protests seem to be changing direction. Not so much joining EU as deposing a corrupt mafia government and getting out from under the Russian thumb. If fund/sloans were put into setting up a legimate government and building a proper infrastructure then Ukraine could be a valuable EU member.

Ukraine has a highly educated population, coal, gas and huge manufacturing and agricultural potential.

We’re not talking Romas here.
Jaycey, would it be the EU funding for the infrastructure of the Ukraine? Thats what gets me, the EU cannot balance the books or provide for the members who are already in it...............As proven with Greece & Italy, becoming members of the EU never stopped the corruption, in fact their politicians had a right earner. I personally wonder why anyone would even ponder joining the EU with its high unemployment & massive overspending. The only way I would want to join the EU is if I was worse off than the people who live there. So the Q is Jaycey, not really knowing much about the Ukraine & the fact that you know the country, are Ukrainians worse off than other EU countries or on par?

NO STRANGER TO DANGER

Last edited by Spurs; 12th December 2013 at 12:29..
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
Bill & June (12th December 2013), Hilsjw (13th December 2013)
Old 12th December 2013, 15:01   #19 (permalink)
African refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
Jaycey, would it be the EU funding for the infrastructure of the Ukraine? Thats what gets me, the EU cannot balance the books or provide for the members who are already in it...............As proven with Greece & Italy, becoming members of the EU never stopped the corruption, in fact their politicians had a right earner. I personally wonder why anyone would even ponder joining the EU with its high unemployment & massive overspending. The only way I would want to join the EU is if I was worse off than the people who live there. So the Q is Jaycey, not really knowing much about the Ukraine & the fact that you know the country, are Ukrainians worse off than other EU countries or on par?
Several questions there Spurs and Iím no expert on the country, still feeling my way around.

Agreed, I donít understand why the EU would want to afford funding of lost causes neither do I understand why any country would want to be ruled from Brussels. I wouldnít tie myself to a sinking ship.

But perhaps funding and/or economic aid is the wrong approach. Investment in Ukrainian resources would make more sense - a two way trade. Just a question of who jumps in first .. EU, Russia or China? But before any investment there has got to be a radical change of government or it will go straight to the mafia bosses.

I canít say if Ukraine is worse off than other EU countries but a great % do live below the poverty level whilst a huge untapped potential could make it one of the most affluent countries in Europe. Imho Greece, Italy, Spain etc donít even come close in work ethic or anything else.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
Bill & June (12th December 2013), Spurs (12th December 2013)
Old 12th December 2013, 16:03   #20 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 22,689 Times in 9,524 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

A certain company ( supermarket ) is the largest foreign owner of agricultural land in the Ukraine , the container ( via rail ) loads of Ukrainian fruit , veg , lager etc. that head to the UK may surprise some.

Ukrainian farmers are the most productive suppliers available to the Uk market , although many if not most are UK owned.

Steve.
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:

Tags
riots , ukraine