Classified Ads
  Egyptian Living Forum
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Save on your hotel - www.hotelscombined.com
Old 12th December 2013, 16:13   #21 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 29,186 Times in 12,073 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ukraine riots.

Tug of war going on between the three biggest powers of the world & that does not include the EU.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (12th December 2013)
Old 12th December 2013, 16:14   #22 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 16,612 Times in 8,328 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasya View Post
A certain company ( supermarket ) is the largest foreign owner of agricultural land in the Ukraine , the container ( via rail ) loads of Ukrainian fruit , veg , lager etc. that head to the UK may surprise some.

Ukrainian farmers are the most productive suppliers available to the Uk market , although many if not most are UK owned. Steve.
Sure surprises me Steve agriculture here is under developed and much of the fruit & veg is imported from Turkey.

Do you have a reference for this?
Old 12th December 2013, 16:23   #23 (permalink)

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,512 Posts
evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute

Send In the Cossacks I say .
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 16:33   #24 (permalink)
African refugee

Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo80 View Post
Send In the Cossacks I say .

Any other bright ideas?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
evo80 (12th December 2013)
Old 12th December 2013, 20:40   #25 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 22,075 Times in 9,240 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycey View Post
Sure surprises me Steve agriculture here is under developed and much of the fruit & veg is imported from Turkey.

Do you have a reference for this?
I have to offer an apology of serious proportions , i cannot find a reference to the matter in the public domain...

Sincere apologies for letting my mouth run away from me.

Steve.
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (12th December 2013)
Old 12th December 2013, 20:54   #26 (permalink)
African refugee

And a most gracious apology it is Steve.
Bill & June (13th December 2013)
Old 12th December 2013, 23:49   #27 (permalink)

tamus is a name known to all tamus is a name known to all tamus is a name known to all tamus is a name known to all tamus is a name known to all tamus is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasya View Post
A certain company ( supermarket ) is the largest foreign owner of agricultural land in the Ukraine , the container ( via rail ) loads of Ukrainian fruit , veg , lager etc. that head to the UK may surprise some.

Ukrainian farmers are the most productive suppliers available to the Uk market , although many if not most are UK owned.

Steve.
don't often see Ukraine produce labelled in supermarkets. they produce a lot of grain but i thought a lot of it goes to Russia. some very impressive machinery for working the land, some vast areas of good agricultural land, but they need to export to try and balance the books

and there is also many villages with people living almost on what they produce, the young don't stay it is so poor and hard to live there.

I've seen the local produce in the markets - some of it can be poor enough, and believe it or not they do import fruit from Turkey and clothes. I've bought it. And I've seen them buying the clothes in Istanbul as well

the few I have spoken to are worried for their country, but they want an end to the corruption, a better standard of living, how do they get it, I don't know - it didn't happen after the orange revolution.

Last edited by tamus; 12th December 2013 at 23:52..
tamus is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 08:17   #28 (permalink)
African refugee

Iíd be surprised if Ukrainian products were much in evidence in the UK. I know that some people stock up on fresh produce in Turkey but really donít understand why Ė Turkish fruit is cheaper in Ukraine than in Turkey.

Export of agriculture products could be a way forward but itís not going generate employment for a largely well educated population. We should be looking at heavy metallurgical, aero related and more hi-tech industries. There are several acceptable local cars produced at half the cost of imported automobiles Ė surely a case for overseas car companies to set up manufacturing here.

But unfortunately there is no way forward until Ukraine has a new government. I think protesters have learnt from the Orange Revolution - donít accept government promises until they have been implemented!
Old 13th December 2013, 16:20   #29 (permalink)
Dreaming of Akbuk

Thanked 7,816 Times in 3,757 Posts
Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute

Jaycey,
Vitali Klitschko was certainly a good boxer, but could he make a good politician? His Udar Party hasn't done very well in the past. He is a man of integrity and is trusted in the West, so who knows, perhaps he could make a go of it.

Bill.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill & June For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (13th December 2013)
Old 13th December 2013, 16:36   #30 (permalink)
African refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & June View Post
Jaycey, Vitali Klitschko was certainly a good boxer, but could he make a good politician? His Udar Party hasn't done very well in the past. He is a man of integrity and is trusted in the West, so who knows, perhaps he could make a go of it. Bill.
Very popular honest guy who could put the mafia in their place – maybe not the brightest but he has a good circle of advisers.

He’s got my vote.
Bill & June (13th December 2013)

Tags
riots , ukraine