Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 5th December 2013, 20:12   #11 (permalink)
Alias ....The Scar

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 8,684 Times in 4,146 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nail the tax dodgers.

One of the private pension companies I have has changed hands recently and I wanted to start using My daughter's address for all correspondence for when we eventually move (it's only 2 notices of tax codes a year and I don't pay tax on either anyway)
They were complete tossers, wanted to know why I was changing my address but not going living at the new one. I explained that , not that it was any of their business, but we were eventually moving to Turkey and wanted a contact address in the UK (nothing illegal about that )

The next thing I know, I got a form from the tax office asking me to fill all sorts in when we move, so I rang them up and a nice guy at the other end told me, because I wouldn't be working in Turkey and earning money, I wouldn't have to pay any UK tax or fill the form in as it was only for people who are actually working in Turkey.
Bank interest taxed at source at 15% is all I'd pay

Very nice of the bloody pension company, who when they still managed to cock up this months payment got a right rollicking from me for both getting it wrong and notifying the taxman when I already told them I don't pay tax on it

Last edited by ted j; 5th December 2013 at 20:14..
ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 20:39   #12 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 23,134 Times in 9,761 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Nail the tax dodgers

Seems such a long time till Easter.

Steve.
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
Bill & June (6th December 2013), Yalides (6th December 2013)
Old 5th December 2013, 20:50   #13 (permalink)

Thanked 7,212 Times in 2,963 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The next thing I know, I got a form from the tax office asking me to fill all sorts in when we move, so I rang them up and a nice guy at the other end told me, because I wouldn't be working in Turkey and earning money, I wouldn't have to pay any UK tax or fill the form in as it was only for people who are actually working in Turkey.
Ted the pension company have to advise the tax office. In your case what you have done is advised the tax people of your circumstances and they have decided as you are under the tax threshold you dont pay any tax in the uk.
However assuming your pensions were just very slightly under the tax threshold and due to a % increase the following year it crept over the tax threshold it would be your responsibility to advise the uk tax office as your circumstances/income has changed and they would then review your tax situation.

Don't believe those who by wealth are sheltered from reality.

Last edited by juco; 5th December 2013 at 22:02..
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 22:09   #14 (permalink)
Alias ....The Scar

ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

They are nowhere near my tax threshold Stan
What happened was ..... I get my personal allowance. The tax forms they sent out to the two pension firms were the wrong way round, the smaller pension was getting all the tax allowance except for a few quid, the larger one had the smaller tax allowance. When I spoke to the tax guy, he said "we changed those over last month surely?". After checking that, he then found out the bloody stupid computer had switched the allowances back again!!!!, so he has put a rider in the system now to stop it doing it again (it used to be a regular occurrence, till I sorted it out), so I am now due a rebate in January , of the tax they have wrongly stopped off me

Old 6th December 2013, 08:59   #15 (permalink)

Thanked 1,148 Times in 389 Posts
Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing as tax avoidance is legal whereas tax evasion is not, why put the first into the statement?
I've never met anyone yet who given a legal means of avoiding tax has ignored it and paid more than they have to.
Think about it?
Who actually wants to pay more than they should?
Old 6th December 2013, 09:09   #16 (permalink)
Alias ....The Scar

It used to be in the old days that it was the taxman's job to get as much tax as possible from every individual/company (probably still is) and if you were self employed , you'd pay an accountant to get money which was RIGHTFULLY YOURS deducted from your tax bill
(eg, I was told you are entitled to a hot drink whilst working if you so desire, so used to claim £7 a week for coffee milk and sugar ), not much, but it was £364 a year for me to keep which was , as the law stated, mine by rights

The Following User Says Thank You to ted j For This Useful Post:
Bill & June (6th December 2013)
Old 6th December 2013, 10:13   #17 (permalink)
Am I pretty ?

Thanked 32,073 Times in 15,883 Posts
Yalides has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasya View Post
Nail the tax dodgers

Seems such a long time till Easter.

Steve.
Awful long time to be hanging around waiting for your rebate I agree. I get quite cross about it.
Akasya (6th December 2013), kemerkid (6th December 2013)
Old 6th December 2013, 15:39   #18 (permalink)

Neil_Denizli is a splendid one to behold Neil_Denizli is a splendid one to behold Neil_Denizli is a splendid one to behold Neil_Denizli is a splendid one to behold Neil_Denizli is a splendid one to behold Neil_Denizli is a splendid one to behold Neil_Denizli is a splendid one to behold Neil_Denizli is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & June View Post
BBC News - Autumn Statement: Bid to recoup £9bn in unpaid tax

If the Government follow this policy up,(and I certainly hope that they do) then hopefully they can catch all those who have been dodging tax payments, whether through avoidance or evasion. Most of us have the tax taken from us before we even see our money. So there is no chance to avoid or evade. The big problem is, this is a lucrative business for crafty accountants.

Bill
They should start here

Jaycey (6th December 2013)
Old 6th December 2013, 16:03   #19 (permalink)
20 - 12 - 3

Thanked 18,348 Times in 7,886 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

I know I have posted the link beforem, but for those who havent seen it here it is again

How the Rich Beat the Taxman (2010) - YouTube

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 16:35   #20 (permalink)
________

Thanked 9,507 Times in 4,572 Posts
kemerkid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yalides View Post
Awful long time to be hanging around waiting for your rebate I agree. I get quite cross about it.
Someone else who missed your point Akasya!
kemerkid is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
dodgers , nail , tax