juco

Riots in 53 Spanish cities
Going from the info this happened a couple of days ago but I never saw a mention of this on the BBc news. Are they trying to keep this from us?

Some serious clashes.

[ame=http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=762_1397160302]LiveLeak.com - Riots In Spain[/ame]

Last edited:

stuart

stuart
I think there are riots in almost every country from time to time. some worse than others. the ones you hear about the most about are the more newsworthy ones and the type of news media you watch. for example stuff you hear about on aljazeera news is never mentioned on bbc news.

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
I must take issue sir.

Riots indeed. Speak for your own area.

Philip, Belfast

Spurs

Spurs
The bias of the BBC is plain for all to see when it comes to reporting on the unrest in the EU. I like to think that the BBC is independent but a times I do wonder.

tintagel

Lots of news on the riots today :(

"The mayor of Burgos has announced a temporary halt to the multi million euro building works in the centre of the city.

Locals are angry as people are suffering the effects of Spain’s financial crisis and the cash strapped local government had already rejected other projects."

Spanish riots as regional dispute spreads to Madrid | euronews, world news

"Thousands of demonstrators Saturday poured into Barcelona ahead of a planned mass anti-globalization rally as European leaders wrapped a summit on economic reforms.

Police said 29 people had been detained so far during the two-day meeting, including five in clashes with police overnight.

Among the detainees were five foreigners from Sweden, Germany, Belgium, Slovenia and Britain, a police spokesman said.

Protest leaders said authorities were refusing entry into Barcelona of busloads of demonstrators from around Europe and the Basque region of northern Spain.

Newspapers reported clashes on the border, about 130 kilometers (75 miles) north of Barcelona, as police tried to prevent entry to demonstrators.

Spain has reinstated border controls previously scrapped under European Union treaties."

Demonstrators riot in Spain | Mail Online

TCJ

So no sign of a great conspiracy inside or outside the BBC seeking to deprive us of important news of Spanish riots. There's a surprise! But I suppose the conspiracy mongers will believe it to be true anyway.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom