Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 20th February 2018, 18:06   #1761 (permalink)

Thanked 13,669 Times in 5,530 Posts
mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Another UKIP gaffe!!!

Tint, you are such a "Glass is half full" kind of guy---I wish there were more like you
mollag is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mollag For This Useful Post:
tintagel (20th February 2018)
Old 20th February 2018, 19:23   #1762 (permalink)

mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute

This from the Rochdale Herald.

As part of the Brexit divorce settlement the EU has agreed to have Nigel Farage at weekends.

In exchange for the financial settlement, believed to be several tens of billions of Euros, Mr Farage, the former or current leader whatever of UKIP, will travel to Brussels each Friday evening and will be met by the President of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker. He will then return on the 19.37 Eurostar on Sunday evenings. It is not known whether Theresa May will be there to greet him.

Mr Juncker said, “We refused to back down on the financial settlement and nothing the UK said persuaded us to veer from our position. Eventually, Mr Davis suggested that a deal may be on the table if we agreed to have custody of Nigel for part of the week. Actually, he proposed that Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg be included but we had to draw the line somewhere. Johnson is just rude to everyone and Rees-Mogg would have to come with his nanny.”

Asked what the arrangements would be for Nigel’s visits, Mr Juncker said, “I’ll be honest, it won’t be easy. We’ll have to buy a high chair and some kind of cot and then there is his special dietary requirements – pork pies, pickled eggs and of course his favourite drink, Nuttall’s Very Old Peculiar. Last time he was here, Mrs Merkel took him to Aldi but he just lay down and screamed his head off in the Bratwurst aisle.”

Theresa May was asked for her view on the deal. “Well, I won’t lie to you – will you please stop giggling at the back – but I didn’t shed a tear when Mr Juncker agreed. Much of what Nigel says I agree with, but he’s such a pain in the arse and it will give us all a break at the weekend.”

Although the press was not allowed to speak to Nigel, it was rumored that when he heard the news, he had a tantrum and tearfully wailed, “Wanna go to Merica n’ see Uncle Donald, ‘snot fair!”
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mollag For This Useful Post:
Akasya (20th February 2018), Michael Hanley (20th February 2018)
Old 15th April 2018, 09:24   #1763 (permalink)

Thanked 19,613 Times in 9,798 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

Another new leader..........temporarily

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0415/95...gerard-batten/

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saoirse For This Useful Post:
Akasya (15th April 2018), Camden (15th April 2018)
Old 15th April 2018, 09:36   #1764 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 26,445 Times in 11,574 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

No other takers then , some job .

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
Camden (15th April 2018)
Old 15th April 2018, 09:47   #1765 (permalink)

Thanked 19,613 Times in 9,798 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

But he takes the job.............then announces his plans to resign....

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2018, 11:31   #1766 (permalink)

Jump preceding push? if recent shenanigans are anything to go by, Lord Sutch would have been over qualified for that job.
Old 15th April 2018, 12:57   #1767 (permalink)

Thanked 10,294 Times in 4,085 Posts
tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute

Lol! Calm down girlies, UKIP is back in 'safe hands' with one of her founding members at the helm. Following a small flurry of poor decisions on leadership, UKIP is back in business & up & running again, the Party has been stabilised thanks to the interim (now elected) Leader, Gerard Batten . Everybody connected with UKIP has worked together, put personal ego's aside & contributed to putting the Party back on a sure footing financially & organisationally.

Lets Go Gerard, Lets Go!

UKIP Leader Statement:

Dear,

As you will have heard, following an uncontested election, I have been confirmed as UKIP Leader.

I received the backing of all three UKIP Lords, our major donors, our MEPs, our London and Welsh Assembly Members, and Party activists and members from all over the UK.

I would like to thank everyone for their support, and am grateful for the trust and confidence placed in me. I am also extremely grateful that our Chairman, Tony McIntyre and our Treasurer, Sebastian Fairweather have agreed to remain in post to give me their invaluable help.

As I said at the start of the contest, if the election were to be uncontested, I would hold office for twelve months. Therefore, I intend to resign on 13th April 2019 so that a full leadership contest may take place. By then I will have decided if I wish to contest that election or not.

For the next twelve months, I will concentrate on doing all I can to restore the Party’s fortunes. A very good start has been made and the Party is now on a sound financial footing.

However, we need to get UKIP back into the political fight. We have made a very good start with the 554 UKIP candidates standing in the English local elections.

Don’t pay any attention to our enemies who are crowing that our candidates numbers are 75% down on what they were last time. The truth is that instead of 554 candidates, the number would have been zero if you had not all backed me from the 17th April onwards and the Party had disintegrated. Instead, let's celebrate the 554 and help them all we can.

My role as Interim Leader was to ensure the immediate survival of the Party. That has been done. However, we must move on and progress.

My aim for the next twelve months as UKIP Leader is to restore the Party; financially, organisationally and politically.

I will not make any extravagant promises. We are essentially a volunteer organisation and we have a difficult task ahead; one which will require a lot of commitment and work. But UKIP is needed now as much as ever.

UKIP came into being in 1993 in order to fill a political vacuum. Such a vacuum still exists: for a political party that speaks for ordinary people from all walks of life. One that represents their interests and the national interest.

I think you will all agree there is now a new spirit of optimism and confidence in the Party.

I will keep you informed of the actions I take, the progress we make, and the plans I put in place.

Yours sincerely,
Gerard Batten MEP
UKIP Leader
Old 15th April 2018, 14:04   #1768 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintagel View Post
Lol! Everybody connected with UKIP has worked together, put personal ego's aside & contributed to putting the Party back on a sure footing financially & organisationally.
Both of them!

Amen indeed.
The Following User Says Thank You to mollag For This Useful Post:
Akasya (15th April 2018)
Old 15th April 2018, 17:57   #1769 (permalink)

Thanked 4,394 Times in 1,830 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief! They still exist ????

Tags
gaffe , ukip