Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 1st July 2014, 16:27   #21 (permalink)
________

Thanked 9,600 Times in 4,627 Posts
kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rolf Harris Guilty

You could explain this kind of stuff to some members untill you are blue in the face and still get nowhere NH.
kemerkid is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2014, 16:29   #22 (permalink)
“Je suis l'humanité.”

Thanked 15,284 Times in 6,059 Posts
bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Newhorizon ,you mean like I did in post 27 ,28 . I thought my post was going to run consecutively but someone had posted in between. My post was already written so to late to use the Quote button.But thanks anyway.
bal canavar is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2014, 16:38   #23 (permalink)

jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold
Angry Re: Rolf Harris Guilty

I'm really saddened that Rolf Harris has been found guilty of sexual assault. I enjoyed watching his programmes and it's truly horrific that he turned out to be a paedophile. So it's only right and proper that he should get a hefty prison sentence and he will no doubt die in prison.

What I don't understand is some of the comments I've read from people on the forum. It sounds as if a couple of you are condoning child sexual abuse. Rolf Harris' youngest victim was 7 or 8 years old! Any kind of sexual abuse is wrong and an evil act. Have you got any idea of the impact sexual abuse has on people? Clearly not. It takes tremendous courage to come forward and tell someone this has happened. Why do you think it can take a lifetime? The psychological damage is unfathomable. How you can compare sexual abuse with Barbara Windsor's characters in the Carry On films beggars belief. It just shows your level of ignorance. Sexually assaulting children cannot be compared in any way to vulgar films from the 1970s. Groping secretaries in offices is also sexual assault. It's wrong whenever it happens. I've spent 15 years working with the victims of childhood sexual abuse and quite frankly your posts are offensive and ridiculous. So if that puts me in the "Prat" category bring it on!!!
jakebeak is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jakebeak For This Useful Post:
Akasya (1st July 2014), bal canavar (1st July 2014), bickern (1st July 2014), shirleyanntr (7th July 2014), stuart (1st July 2014), sybil plessey (1st July 2014), TNT123 (1st July 2014)
Old 1st July 2014, 17:14   #24 (permalink)
________

Thanked 9,600 Times in 4,627 Posts
kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute

Jakebeak, since your post has appeared post prat comments it can hardly apply to you.

Not having been a witness to this case first hand, I like many others here have to rely an the reports from newspapers, in this case the sensation seeking newspapers. Cases of this nature that are historic in nature rely on the word of people who were supposedly assaulted when they were childeren but only just realised thirty years later.

He has been found guilty in a court of law and he will be dealt with in accordance with the law. If in reality he is in fact the victim will not matter in most peoples minds because they have already convicted him in their mind before he even reached the courthouse.

Trial by newspaper is hardly the correct way these things should be dealt with.

Oh and by the way I am condoning nothing, just making comments that seem to me revevant for the now and the past.
kemerkid is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2014, 17:23   #25 (permalink)
Peter&Janette

Peter&Janette is a jewel in the rough Peter&Janette is a jewel in the rough Peter&Janette is a jewel in the rough Peter&Janette is a jewel in the rough

Disgusting crimes and he deserves everything that he gets, I hope his age is not seen as a mitigating factor.
I do however have concerns over the length of time that has elapsed between the committing of the crime and the prosecution of it. In the 80’s there was a major debate about the ethics of bringing Nazi war criminals to justice. It hinge not only on recollection of deeds but also on the ability of aging defendants to defend themselves.
I appreciate that there is a need to see justice done, however I also hope that in the rush to the bonfires, justice does not become a witchunt.
Peter&Janette is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter&Janette For This Useful Post:
kemerkid (1st July 2014)
Old 1st July 2014, 17:33   #26 (permalink)

petlover will become famous soon enough

1969 –Harris allegedly assaults complainant R during a promotional visit to a community centre in Portsmouth. She was 7 or 8 years old.

This is really upsetting and for members that should know better to say it was acceptable 30 years ago is a very silly statement to make. My heart goes out to this child as was and is probably still suffering as a result. I am glad to be a prat if that is what you think people are that are upset when things like this happen. I do not think this is a topic for name calling either because many people will be sensitive to this topic. Please show more empathy to victims and do not cheapen their suffering. Jakebeak I hope you did not suffer unduly with your experiences because I have had no professional experiences but when I read about this sort of behaviour and I don't think the newspapers are sensationalising it as they have reported what has been given in evidence and the jury listened to then they found him guilty. Sometimes I have to think that I am so lucky in having my dogs so that I can separate myself from what people do. I liked this man and thought very highly of him and now I feel sick for the kind thoughts I had for him. I feel very sorry for his family they will now suffer stigma and suffer outside prison. Please think about these victims when posting because some people think this is a hurtful topic
bal canavar (1st July 2014), Bill & June (2nd July 2014), shirleyanntr (7th July 2014)
Old 1st July 2014, 17:56   #27 (permalink)
"Light Years Away"

Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,476 Posts
newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute

I seriously do not think any poster on this thread is condoning any sort of abuse especially not towards a child. That is just unthinkable for anything to happen to an innocent naive child who cannot defend themselves and the permanent scars that can effect the rest of that persons life.

Some of the earlier comments on this thread were just between 2-3 members and possibly made light of the fact 30 years yes, things were different but I didn't think they were implying to this serious crime.

I may have misread things here, but reading the thread in its entirety and timings of the replies back it doesn't seem anyone would accept this sort of behaviour now or 30 years ago.
newhorizon is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to newhorizon For This Useful Post:
kemerkid (1st July 2014), LauraB (2nd July 2014), saoirse (1st July 2014), tosmur (2nd July 2014)
Old 1st July 2014, 17:59   #28 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,614 Times in 13,090 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

84 years old & his wife looks about the same, suicide watch maybe?

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
TNT123 (1st July 2014)
Old 1st July 2014, 18:08   #29 (permalink)

sybil plessey is a glorious beacon of light sybil plessey is a glorious beacon of light sybil plessey is a glorious beacon of light sybil plessey is a glorious beacon of light sybil plessey is a glorious beacon of light sybil plessey is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebeak View Post
I'm really saddened that Rolf Harris has been found guilty of sexual assault. I enjoyed watching his programmes and it's truly horrific that he turned out to be a paedophile. So it's only right and proper that he should get a hefty prison sentence and he will no doubt die in prison.

What I don't understand is some of the comments I've read from people on the forum. It sounds as if a couple of you are condoning child sexual abuse. Rolf Harris' youngest victim was 7 or 8 years old! Any kind of sexual abuse is wrong and an evil act. Have you got any idea of the impact sexual abuse has on people? Clearly not. It takes tremendous courage to come forward and tell someone this has happened. Why do you think it can take a lifetime? The psychological damage is unfathomable. How you can compare sexual abuse with Barbara Windsor's characters in the Carry On films beggars belief. It just shows your level of ignorance. Sexually assaulting children cannot be compared in any way to vulgar films from the 1970s. Groping secretaries in offices is also sexual assault. It's wrong whenever it happens. I've spent 15 years working with the victims of childhood sexual abuse and quite frankly your posts are offensive and ridiculous. So if that puts me in the "Prat" category bring it on!!!

Very well said. Some people just do not have a clue in such matters.

Only 5 years ago I was involved in a case whereby 2 sisters (then aged 35 and 32) accused their father of systematic sexual abuse from the ages of 8-18. He was subsequently sent to prison for 8 years.

Also many years ago , I was involved in a case of a very well educated woman from a very comfortable middle class family background .I met her during her stay in a secure mental hospital whereupon her eventual discharge I had encouraged her to write her life story. She had spent many years in a psychiatric hospital environment on account of repeated attempts to kill her father - the first attempt being made when the woman was in her very early 20's. It later became known that her long history of very serious violence had centred around long term sexual abuse by her father - this abuse had started in her early teens and had continued during her stay in mental hospital - in fact almost to the day her father died when she was in her forties. The shocking thing in this story was that extended family knew about the abuse and had reported it to a health professional on condition that it was kept confidential . The very well connected father had received counselling and private psychiatric help but extended family later disclosed after the father's death that the abuse of his daughter continued even during her lengthy in patient stay in mental hospitals - indeed it was alleged that it continued almost until until the day he died. This victim NEVER disclosed this - and only confirmed it after extended family had made a full disclosure some years after the father's death. It was one of those surrealistic experiences when I couldn't believe what I was being told or made aware of. And may it be a salutory lesson for all of those doubters on this forum and those cynics re retrospective sex abuse allegations.
sybil plessey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sybil plessey For This Useful Post:
Akasya (1st July 2014), bal canavar (1st July 2014), bickern (1st July 2014), shirleyanntr (7th July 2014), TNT123 (1st July 2014)
Old 1st July 2014, 23:45   #30 (permalink)
Jesus Loves You

Thanked 1,424 Times in 597 Posts
Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of Firefox has much to be proud of

How pathetic and embarrassing all these celebrity character witness must feel standing up for this pervert.

Then again what Horrible Nasty Vile Disgusting JOB it is being a London Law Firm defending this Scum dirty Old Man.

I bet they’ll represent him for the Appeal.
Sunny Seasider (1st July 2014), TNT123 (2nd July 2014)

Tags
guilty , harris , rolf