Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 13th May 2018, 10:07   #91 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 20,714 Times in 10,691 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Russian Football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35pluschips View Post
I ask you again.............how many teams withdrew? NOT ONE.
And I ask you again why would those countries consider boycott except for political reasons?
Old 13th May 2018, 10:21   #92 (permalink)

Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,305 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycey View Post
And I ask you again why would those countries consider boycott except for political reasons?
Jaycey, if a countries parliament decided that their countries football team would not be playing in Russia, then they wouldn't be playing there. What countries parliaments made that decision? NONE. If a team was ordered by its government not to play, then yes that would be political, that hasn't happened from what I can see...........maybe you can direct me to ANY team, qualifiers or not, who were forced to withdraw by their government?
35pluschips is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 14:28   #93 (permalink)
African refugee

Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jaycey, if a countries parliament decided that their countries football team would not be playing in Russia, then they wouldn't be playing there. What countries parliaments made that decision? NONE. If a team was ordered by its government not to play, then yes that would be political, that hasn't happened from what I can see...........maybe you can direct me to ANY team, qualifiers or not, who were forced to withdraw by their government?
I didn’t say that any nation had withdrawn from the cup only that it had been given consideration – why would consideration have been given if politics were not involved?

And you ask why those nations didn’t withdraw – probably because their teams would be banned from any future FIFA matches.

Scanning another thread (Football politics and a divided society) it seems that politics is rife in sport, why should this case be any different?
Old 13th May 2018, 15:17   #94 (permalink)

35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didn’t say that any nation had withdrawn from the cup only that it had been given consideration – why would consideration have been given if politics were not involved?

And you ask why those nations didn’t withdraw – probably because their teams would be banned from any future FIFA matches.

Scanning another thread (Football politics and a divided society) it seems that politics is rife in sport, why should this case be any different?

Oh I get it, so FIFA now dictates to governments. If a government decided not to allow a football team to play, that would be a governmental decision & end of. As yet, you have failed to show ANY government whose teams entered the competition that have taken that stance or to my knowledge even voted on it ............but you still claim its political. Like there wouldn't have been crowd trouble wherever this was held.

No problem though Jaycey, when the World Cup starts, you can look for the trouble with the fans, whilst the rest of us will watch the football.

Move on, nothing to see here just wishful thinking by you.
Old 13th May 2018, 15:29   #95 (permalink)
African refugee

Seems you don’t (won’t or can’t?) get it.

If FIFA bans any teams that boycotts then that puts pressure on their government to acquiesce.

As said – but probably not read – my wishful thinking is for a non-violent play.

And you haven’t answered either question in #93.

End of indeed.
Old 13th May 2018, 15:55   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Seems you don’t (won’t or can’t?) get it.

If FIFA bans any teams that boycotts then that puts pressure on their government to acquiesce.

As said – but probably not read – my wishful thinking is for a non-violent play.

And you haven’t answered either question in #93.

End of indeed.
Yet again you're making FIFA more powerful than a nations government.
Politics does not equal sport, nor does sport equal politics.
FIFA does its best to promote football & that's it, governments promote their country.

Anyone who wants to push politics into sport will truly see the meaning of football violence. It will just give the thugs another cause.
Any country with the finances & the infrastructure required would jump at holding the World Cup..........Russia had that & I hope it goes well for all concerned.

As said, I know what I will be watching.
Old 13th May 2018, 16:37   #97 (permalink)
African refugee

Quote:
Yet again you're making FIFA more powerful than a nations government.

I’m saying that FIFA can and has influenced government policies.

Politics does not equal sport, nor does sport equal politics.

Perhaps, in an ideal world.

FIFA does its best to promote football & that's it, governments promote their country.

FIFA is corrupt and promotes itself first.

Anyone who wants to push politics into sport will truly see the meaning of football violence. It will just give the thugs another cause.

The Russian thugs don’t need another cause – they already have one.

Any country with the finances & the infrastructure required would jump at holding the World Cup..........Russia had that & I hope it goes well for all concerned.

Strange that Russia is being sanctioned by the West yet is awarded this prestige - “Something rotten in the state of Denmark”?
Old 13th May 2018, 16:40   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
"Strange that Russia is being sanctioned by the West yet is awarded this prestige - “Something rotten in the state of Denmark”?"

Add them to the list...........
Old 31st May 2018, 14:33   #99 (permalink)
African refugee

No need to worry folks – Sputnik has told us that there is no racism in Russian football…

https://www.stopfake.org/en/zakharov...e-russophobia/
Old 31st May 2018, 15:29   #100 (permalink)

Thanked 20,551 Times in 10,396 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

It is apparently rife resembling European soccer problems of the late 70s / 80s

It is relatively simple to address- Russian clubs should be banned from Uefa competitions until it is rectified

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
football , russian