Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 21st March 2016, 07:43   #11 (permalink)

ihutch is a glorious beacon of light ihutch is a glorious beacon of light ihutch is a glorious beacon of light ihutch is a glorious beacon of light ihutch is a glorious beacon of light ihutch is a glorious beacon of light
Re: brexit

The problem with returning to the UK is no help is given for some months regarding housing etc. If someone keeps their home in the UK then all is okay. But for some people who have lived overseas for years and do not have property there, then help is not given readily, unlike some other immigrants. You do not lose your passport but whereas one would assume that the country where one was born, worked and paid taxes in one would remain an ordinary citizen, that is not so. Like I said, I object to being classed as an immigrant when I am not.
I have been told by a social services department that I would have to find somewhere lot live and pay for everything for up to 6 months before any state assistance would be granted. The cost of renting and living in the UK far outweighs my pension so I feel penalised. I hope to stay out of the country as long as I can as it obviously doesn't want expats of pensionable age returning unless they are wealthy.
ihutch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ihutch For This Useful Post:
Akasya (21st March 2016), chocolategirl (21st March 2016), cside (21st March 2016), enoch (21st March 2016), Harem (21st March 2016), Hilsjw (21st March 2016), Maiziedaizie (21st March 2016), mollag (21st March 2016), Spurs (21st March 2016), ted j (21st March 2016)
Old 21st March 2016, 12:30   #12 (permalink)

Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,153 Posts
bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute

I went to A and E with a shoulder problem after returning from Turkey with a deep
suntan.
(Shoulder nothing to do with holiday)

I was asked if I had been out of the UK for more than 12 weeks in the past 12 months .

If so I would have to pay for my treatment .

Gobsmacked me .
EU travel didn't count .

Here is,the latest I can find quickly
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...treatment.html

Last edited by bigalant; 21st March 2016 at 12:35..
bigalant is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigalant For This Useful Post:
chocolategirl (21st March 2016), ihutch (22nd March 2016), mollag (21st March 2016)
Old 21st March 2016, 14:37   #13 (permalink)

Thanked 8,127 Times in 3,394 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

First, there was Brexit—the possibility of Britain leaving the European Union in its upcoming membership referendum. Then there was Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka’s irresistible coinage of Czexit to warn of knock-on referenda elsewhere in the EU. Now, a new poll suggests that we could be dealing with the threat of Frexit, Swexit, Gerxit and Spexit in the not-too-distant future.

Research from Edinburgh University shows that 53 percent of French would like to hold their own vote on EU membership, and in Spain, Germany and Sweden more people are in favor of doing so than are opposed.

Marine le Pen, leader of the hard-right Euroskeptic party Front National, which wants France to hold an EU referendum, welcomed the research in a blog post, saying French demands for a referendum were “extremely encouraging.”
............. it's the people who count the votes."
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juco For This Useful Post:
bigalant (21st March 2016), chocolategirl (22nd March 2016), enoch (21st March 2016), Hilsjw (22nd March 2016), tintagel (21st March 2016)
Old 21st March 2016, 15:06   #14 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,614 Times in 13,090 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juco View Post
First, there was Brexit—the possibility of Britain leaving the European Union in its upcoming membership referendum. Then there was Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka’s irresistible coinage of Czexit to warn of knock-on referenda elsewhere in the EU. Now, a new poll suggests that we could be dealing with the threat of Frexit, Swexit, Gerxit and Spexit in the not-too-distant future.

Research from Edinburgh University shows that 53 percent of French would like to hold their own vote on EU membership, and in Spain, Germany and Sweden more people are in favor of doing so than are opposed.

Marine le Pen, leader of the hard-right Euroskeptic party Front National, which wants France to hold an EU referendum, welcomed the research in a blog post, saying French demands for a referendum were “extremely encouraging.”
Scenario:

We vote to remain, 12 months later Germany or France or even both vote to leave. We are left holding the babies bath water for what's rapidly becoming a bunch of countries that are forever holding hands out for cash.
I read somewhere that Germany itself would do very well out of the Euro, if they left the EU then no doubt they would leave the Euro as well.

A German or French referendum would be an even more scary issue to the EU than a Brexit I reckon. Will they ever get a referendum though, I think they will somewhere down the line.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
chocolategirl (22nd March 2016), tintagel (21st March 2016)
Old 21st March 2016, 15:49   #15 (permalink)

Thanked 1,547 Times in 842 Posts
akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihutch View Post
The problem with returning to the UK is no help is given for some months regarding housing etc. If someone keeps their home in the UK then all is okay. But for some people who have lived overseas for years and do not have property there, then help is not given readily, unlike some other immigrants. You do not lose your passport but whereas one would assume that the country where one was born, worked and paid taxes in one would remain an ordinary citizen, that is not so. Like I said, I object to being classed as an immigrant when I am not.
I have been told by a social services department that I would have to find somewhere lot live and pay for everything for up to 6 months before any state assistance would be granted. The cost of renting and living in the UK far outweighs my pension so I feel penalised. I hope to stay out of the country as long as I can as it obviously doesn't want expats of pensionable age returning unless they are wealthy.
I don't know of any housing waiting list that isn't based on need and the fact is the government wants rid of social housing in the UK and wants people to use the private sector to access rented accommodation
akbukowl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akbukowl For This Useful Post:
chocolategirl (22nd March 2016), Hunt 23 (21st March 2016)
Old 21st March 2016, 15:50   #16 (permalink)

Thanked 1,547 Times in 842 Posts
akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
Scenario:

We vote to remain, 12 months later Germany or France or even both vote to leave. We are left holding the babies bath water for what's rapidly becoming a bunch of countries that are forever holding hands out for cash.
I read somewhere that Germany itself would do very well out of the Euro, if they left the EU then no doubt they would leave the Euro as well.

A German or French referendum would be an even more scary issue to the EU than a Brexit I reckon. Will they ever get a referendum though, I think they will somewhere down the line.
Fantasy land dreamt up by conspiracy theorists
akbukowl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to akbukowl For This Useful Post:
chocolategirl (22nd March 2016)
Old 21st March 2016, 19:17   #17 (permalink)

glyn jenkins is on a distinguished road

Hi All,back on here after a long time away.We are back in U.K after three years in Didim.Due to unforeseen circumstances just after moving to Didim my father came to live with us(for health reasons)he is 90 THIS YEAR,we applied to get attendance allowance for him because of his health needs and he was refused!why?because he. had been out of the U.K for over two years.you couldn't even make it up,he has allways worked,paid tax,and was even a Bevin Boy so does it matter if we are in or out?I am fuming.Thanks folk for reading this.Oh the d.w.p say when he has been back inU.K for two years he can reapply.
glyn jenkins is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to glyn jenkins For This Useful Post:
chocolategirl (22nd March 2016), cside (22nd March 2016), Hilsjw (22nd March 2016), ihutch (22nd March 2016), Spurs (21st March 2016), suzyq (22nd March 2016)
Old 21st March 2016, 20:09   #18 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,614 Times in 13,090 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbukowl View Post
Fantasy land dreamt up by conspiracy theorists
Mmmmm I bet there were many in the EU saying that about the UK ever holding a referendum............fantasy, dreamers, there will be no referendum. Then all of a sudden BBBBBOOOOOOOOM

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
chocolategirl (22nd March 2016), Hilsjw (22nd March 2016), tintagel (21st March 2016), Yalides (22nd March 2016)
Old 22nd March 2016, 08:38   #19 (permalink)

Thanked 9,750 Times in 3,680 Posts
Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute

That's just disgraceful Glyn. BBC news yesterday reported that one immigrant (one of many I suspect) in Portsmouth had clocked up a huge medical bill. It amounted to thousands of pounds (I can't remember the exact amount) No questions asked, of course, and he/she hadn't paid in a single dime, of course. It makes me really furious when I hear stories like yours, and there are plenty of them, only to learn that people deliberately come to the U.K. to help themselves to our NHS etc. Using the NHS for childbirth is yet another big scam by the way.
Hilsjw is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 09:18   #20 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 31,613 Times in 14,660 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed it is shocking Hills , but she is Nigerian , nothing to do with the EEC , it was £181,000.

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
brexit