Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 6th July 2019, 23:42   #19461 (permalink)

Thanked 11,379 Times in 4,595 Posts
tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BREXIT - What now ?

Well, well, contrary to reports that the Court Case to prove the UK has already left the EU was thrown out, this article refutes those claims & gives an update on the current situation.

Within the 'comments section' there is a link to a 30 min VT where a very jolly chap explains what's been happening in plain English & gives some background on the current players involved.

"If you believed the fake news media reports, you would think that the English Democrats’ case to prove that the UK has already left the EU had been thrown out.

Robin Tillbrook, leader of the English Democrats Party, assures Independence Daily that this simply is not true!

He says: “Despite the most outrageous attempts to manipulate and pervert the mechanics of the English justice system, our case is still on – and it’s still giving the Europhiles and their corrupt Westminster elite puppets nightmares.”

After months of stonewalling the ED’s applications, the increasingly politicised ‘system’ suddenly issued a special decision to reject the case as ‘Totally Without Merit’. This is a category of rejection introduced recently to deal with the genuinely groundless applications of litigants in person in immigration cases in the Administrative Court.

“To try to use it to dismiss our case is particularly outrageous given the public comment of retired Court of Appeal Judge Sir Richard Aitkin that our case is ‘strongly arguable’,” said Mr Tillbrook."

https://independencedaily.co.uk/engl...ts-fight-back/

If it's Too Big to Fail, its Too Big to Exist

Last edited by kody; 7th July 2019 at 09:14.. Reason: edit youtube link
tintagel is offline send PM
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tintagel For This Useful Post:
35pluschips (7th July 2019), bickern (7th July 2019), esb1841 (7th July 2019), Rose Cole (7th July 2019)
Old 7th July 2019, 00:30   #19462 (permalink)

Thanked 6,797 Times in 4,127 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

My take is, come the 1st Nov, if the UK isn't out of the EU as pledged by Boris, the UK will struggle to stave off a GE. If that be the case, both Conservatives & Labour MPs will be in the mire. Pushing them further into that mire will not only be the Brexit Party, it will be all of the minor Parties (not including Change UK).
Boris will more than likely be made PM but will Corbyn be there still on 1st Nov? I think he will myself, I also think he would lead Labour into a GE but I don't think he will win it.
Boris will not get away with not taking us out & IMO JC/Labour will not get away with doing a U-turn.
A hung Parliament? Preferably from the rafters !!
There's only one out on this, that out has been voted on by the public more than once.
We can all try & bend it like Beckham but it alters nothing, only this week there was a comment from Macron saying, "its up to the British to revoke Article 50". Its often said that the British don't understand the EU, Macrons comment tells me that maybe the EU doesn't understand the British either.
Akasya (7th July 2019), alva5763 (7th July 2019), esb1841 (7th July 2019), mollag (7th July 2019), Rose Cole (7th July 2019), spanabridge (7th July 2019), tintagel (7th July 2019)
Old 7th July 2019, 05:49   #19463 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 32,706 Times in 15,298 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Oh i think the eu do understand us Brits , which is why they have mastered our negotiators hands down .

Good post though, imho .

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM
The Following User Says Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (7th July 2019)
Old 7th July 2019, 05:54   #19464 (permalink)

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 10,667 Times in 5,109 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

With the "negotiators" the UK has had , Noddy could run rings round them

ted j is offline send PM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ted j For This Useful Post:
mollag (7th July 2019), tintagel (7th July 2019)
Old 7th July 2019, 08:00   #19465 (permalink)
Kipper restorer

Thanked 17,293 Times in 7,435 Posts
mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute

Boris may well suggest they go whistle, but in pig Latin this time [ad sibilus], that will show them what privileged education brings with it.
lucky old us to have him at the helm
mollag is offline send PM
Old 7th July 2019, 09:12   #19466 (permalink)

35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasya View Post
Oh i think the eu do understand us Brits , which is why they have mastered our negotiators hands down .

Good post though, imho .

Steve
And just how well have those negotiations gone? They havenít got a deal, the current WA is dead.
Old 7th July 2019, 09:41   #19467 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 32,706 Times in 15,298 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35pluschips View Post
And just how well have those negotiations gone? They havenít got a deal, the current WA is dead.
Either you do not understand my point or i am missing yours completely

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
429nufc (7th July 2019), Jaycey (7th July 2019)
Old 7th July 2019, 10:01   #19468 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasya View Post
Either you do not understand my point or i am missing yours completely

Steve
My point is Steve, there is no deal, there never was, simply because it was rejected in Westminster. There was a proposed deal & thatís all it was.

Look at the four new jobs just announced for the EU Commission spots. Have they got those jobs today, those jobs that were negotiated secretly? No they havenít, simply because they have to be ratified by the EU Parliament & thatís exactly the same process for the WA. No ratification equals no jobs, no ratification equals no deal.
Old 7th July 2019, 11:18   #19469 (permalink)

Thanked 7,898 Times in 3,425 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

The sooner we can control access and occupancy of UK the better.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ported-eu-law/

Judges rule that Romanian criminal cannot be deported under EU law

7 JULY 2019 • 7:30AM

A Romanian national who carried out a string of serious criminal offences can't be deported because he is protected by EU law.

Denis Viscu, 20, arrived in the UK in 2007 with his family and between July 2014 and March 2017 received 14 convictions for 20 offences including robbery and knife possession.

But when the Home Office tried to deport him they were blocked by judges who held that under EU law he had rights to enhanced protection under the EU Citizens' Directive as he had lived in the UK for five years.

During his legal fight to stay in the UK Viscu was further convicted of four more offences, including possession of a knife in a public place, burglary and possession of a Class A drug and was sentenced to a total of 4 Ĺ years detention in a young offenders institution.

In September 2017, the Home Office tried to deport Viscu because he was a 'persistent offender'.

Government lawyers argued that although Viscu had lived in the United Kingdom since 2007 he was not entitled to enhanced protection under EU law because the time he had spent in custody 'broke the continuity of lawful residence'.

But a judge held that, since Viscu was a juvenile he could not be sentenced to imprisonment and so his residence in the United Kingdom had been 'continuous and uninterrupted' availing him of special EU protection.

Under Chapter IV of the Citizens' Directive, 'Union citizens who have resided legally for a continuous period of five years in the host Member State shall have the right of permanent residence there.'

A member state can only expel an EU resident where they have strong grounds to believe their presence poses a risk to the public.

But the EU has added the caveat that 'previous criminal convictions shall not in themselves constitute grounds for' denying an EU citizen their right of residency.

Now the Court of Appeal has ordered that the case be reheard in full.

Lord Justice Underhill, sitting with two Court of Appeal judges, said the Home Secretary will be able to make a case for deportation on public policy and public security grounds.

The judge said: "Although the jurisprudence refers most frequently to "imprisonment" rather than "custodial sentence" I am quite satisfied that the rationale for the principle that, in general, a custodial sentence is indicative of a rejection of societal values and a severing of integrative links so as to interrupt the required continuity of residence, is equally applicable to sentences of detention in a YOI as it is to imprisonment.

"This is because, on a proper analysis, it is not the sentence which indicates rejection of societal values but the offending which is sufficiently serious to warrant a custodial sentence whether of imprisonment or some other form of detention."