Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 17th February 2017, 11:10   #5281 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 29,970 Times in 12,767 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BREXIT - What now ?

It was well reported a few years back that Blair wanted to be the EU President at some stage of his life, we leave the EU & that's gone for him. I also think the same of Clegg, lets not forget Clegg is a former EU MEP, another one IMO who had higher designs for HIMSELF.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
immac (17th February 2017), kibris (17th February 2017)
Old 17th February 2017, 11:47   #5282 (permalink)

Thanked 3,067 Times in 1,074 Posts
WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasya View Post
We will see , this charismatic politician , the most popular and effective politician since the war , a visionary that was lacking during the referendum.

I love the folk that rail against " Tone and his lies " and then go on to lionise the liars that were wheeled out during the campaign. Lies that have been proven time and again.

Great leaders are often adjudged to be divisive , One M Thatcher for another instance , this is only because the UK is chronically split on most issues.

Tone will give focus and expose the lying culture of the leave campaigners , we will see just what the public think.

Whatever you critics say or think , Saddam invaded , he said he had WMD , he faced the consequences.

Long live the fight against lying leavers.

Steve
As one who still has leftist leanings I too had admiration for Tony Blair. However he was really a leftist (or even centrist) Tory who was maybe a visionary but one who was unable to carry his vision through. He was certainly a liar just like most. I see him now as a gross opportunist who still has ambition to rectify his lost reputation.
As for liars I was going through back copies of the Independent Jan- June 2016 and it is a real eye opener re what each side was churning out- the worst undoubtedly imo being George Osborne and David Cameron. I recommend Mark Steel to you and others- a pro Labour man I would have to think but very informative, cutting and humorous.
WIDDRINGTON is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WIDDRINGTON For This Useful Post:
Akasya (17th February 2017), christella (17th February 2017), JanetClarke (17th February 2017), pepperkat (17th February 2017), Spurs (17th February 2017)
Old 17th February 2017, 11:57   #5283 (permalink)

eddie_c has a spectacular aura about eddie_c has a spectacular aura about eddie_c has a spectacular aura about

Really can’t see the point of Tony Blairs mission. He’s going on about misinformation and lies given by brexiters during the referendum campaign, but what he needs to acknowledge and get over is most of the people who voted leave knew they were being misinformed and they knew they were being lied to. But they were the majority, and even tho a passionate remainer myself I have to acknowledge that we lost! So should he!
Saying that, I remember vividly on the night of the referendum gobsh*te Farage, when he thought the vote was going to be remain screamed at the cameras that “we may have lost the battle but we haven't lost the war, and we’ll carry on fighting to get out of Europe” So he was quite prepared to fly in the face of a democratic choice, thus condoning remainers (and Blairs) fight to stay in Europe……..what’s good for the goose…..

Ed
eddie_c is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eddie_c For This Useful Post:
Akasya (17th February 2017), JanetClarke (17th February 2017), pepperkat (17th February 2017), yalimart (17th February 2017)
Old 17th February 2017, 12:33   #5284 (permalink)
Spurs

Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

You would be hard pressed in this life to find a partnership of six that works, never mind 28 & the up & coming negotiations will be the show out on that score. Does anyone honestly think that one country in the bloc who does very little trade with us will be able to thwart a country who relies on our trade?
The EU has never been a club of equals, not only will there be horse trading between us & them but there will be a lot more horse trading between the remaining 27. Net contributors will more than have their say over the countries who receive............ that also works in business in general where you have weaker partners who are either "sleepers" or do not hold the same amount of shares.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Old 17th February 2017, 14:27   #5285 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 23,742 Times in 10,084 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

It only takes one vote against , just the one Mrs Wembley , just the one.

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
JanetClarke (17th February 2017)
Old 17th February 2017, 15:21   #5286 (permalink)
Spurs

"Rise up", sign of the times when a so called Western Statesman openly makes that remark to the general public. Type of comment the West usually whispers to the youth in the ME, what does Blair want a UK Spring?

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Old 17th February 2017, 19:08   #5287 (permalink)
JanetClarke

Thanked 4,773 Times in 1,633 Posts
JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie_c View Post
Really can’t see the point of Tony Blairs mission. He’s going on about misinformation and lies given by brexiters during the referendum campaign, but what he needs to acknowledge and get over is most of the people who voted leave knew they were being misinformed and they knew they were being lied to. But they were the majority, and even tho a passionate remainer myself I have to acknowledge that we lost! So should he!
Saying that, I remember vividly on the night of the referendum gobsh*te Farage, when he thought the vote was going to be remain screamed at the cameras that “we may have lost the battle but we haven't lost the war, and we’ll carry on fighting to get out of Europe” So he was quite prepared to fly in the face of a democratic choice, thus condoning remainers (and Blairs) fight to stay in Europe……..what’s good for the goose…..

Ed
Completely agree but we should not be silent as to what the Right Wing Tories wish to impose on us.
We all should be vigilant on this.
JanetClarke is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JanetClarke For This Useful Post:
eddie_c (18th February 2017), mollag (17th February 2017)
Old 17th February 2017, 19:43   #5288 (permalink)

Michael Hanley is a name known to all Michael Hanley is a name known to all Michael Hanley is a name known to all Michael Hanley is a name known to all Michael Hanley is a name known to all Michael Hanley is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasya View Post
We will see , this charismatic politician , the most popular and effective politician since the war , a visionary that was lacking during the referendum.

I love the folk that rail against " Tone and his lies " and then go on to lionise the liars that were wheeled out during the campaign. Lies that have been proven time and again.

Great leaders are often adjudged to be divisive , One M Thatcher for another instance , this is only because the UK is chronically split on most issues.

Tone will give focus and expose the lying culture of the leave campaigners , we will see just what the public think.

Whatever you critics say or think , Saddam invaded , he said he had WMD , he faced the consequences.

Long live the fight against lying leavers.

Steve
You really need to brush up on what constitutes 'a great leader'. I would suggest that it won't be a leader who becomes so arrogant and full of self-righteousness that he/she is prepared to ride roughshod over the will of the people. If I am wrong about that then you should have included Hitler in your list.

Sadam didn't claim to have WMD, he was adamant that he didn't have any. The USA knew what weapons Sadam had (WMD or others) because they supplied them to him during his war with Iran.
Michael Hanley is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michael Hanley For This Useful Post:
esb1841 (18th February 2017), kibris (18th February 2017), pepperkat (17th February 2017), saoirse (17th February 2017), Spurs (17th February 2017)
Old 17th February 2017, 20:58   #5289 (permalink)
Spurs

Lions led by donkeys, Blair & Bush being the donkeys............... the cost of that conflict could never be repaid, especially to the Iraqis. The aftermath will be with us all for decades.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
The Following User Says Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
pepperkat (18th February 2017)
Old 18th February 2017, 08:29   #5290 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 23,742 Times in 10,084 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hanley View Post
You really need to brush up on what constitutes 'a great leader'. I would suggest that it won't be a leader who becomes so arrogant and full of self-righteousness that he/she is prepared to ride roughshod over the will of the people. If I am wrong about that then you should have included Hitler in your list.

Sadam didn't claim to have WMD, he was adamant that he didn't have any. The USA knew what weapons Sadam had (WMD or others) because they supplied them to him during his war with Iran.
I just love it when erudite contributors impart their lofty opinions as to that which i should or should not include.

Parrot your own lines Michael but please do not frame them as instructions as to my action.

As to WMD , the following covers the issue in detail , and may i ask where is your proof that the Americans supplied Saddam with the chemical and biological weapons he used to murder Kurdish peoples and the marsh Arabs , in their droves .

Saddam Hussein's Weapons Of Mass Destruction | Gunning For Saddam | FRONTLINE | PBS

As for " great leaders " that is your emotive phraseology , not mine.

I cannot defend T Blair , but just look at todays papers and news , he is dead in the water , he is yesterdays man , a liar , all of the usual right wing hyperbole , if he is so useless , then why are the papers and online media going bonkers , running around like headless sheep denouncing him.

He has got them worried Michael , worried enough , for some of them to post on social media of his arrogance and influence , time will tell Michael , the people will speak.

Whilst we are on the topic of arrogance Michael , not a smidgen of same in your " you shoulds " is there not ?

Steve

Last edited by Akasya; 18th February 2017 at 08:40..
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (18th February 2017)

Tags
brexit