Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 10th January 2018, 18:44   #261 (permalink)

Thanked 4,036 Times in 1,653 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NHS & Social Care in Crisis!

I've said it before and I repeat; if you want to leave something to your family get some life insurance. If you buy the equivalent value of your home, say £250k and get the policy put in trust for your children/executors, no-one can touch it, NO-ONE. You can buy a policy that cover both spouses/partners and it pays out after the second one dies.
Any assessment for care has to deduct the policy premiums from available income because social workers are not allowed to stop your payments. If necessary your children can take over the premiums.
The whole point of a policy in trust is that it pays out to the named beneficiaries without being included in your estate, so no-one knows about it, it's not included in your will, and it is NOT liable for inheritance tax.
If you never need care it's an extra for the family.
Problem is, you have to buy it when you don't need it, when you do, it's too late.
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
Akasya (10th January 2018), Hilsjw (11th January 2018), JanetClarke (10th January 2018), Jaycey (10th January 2018), tintagel (12th January 2018)
Old 10th January 2018, 21:38   #262 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 25,493 Times in 10,998 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by esb1841 View Post
if that was only the case smallest amount claimed was a Labour MP
John Woodcock where he claimed £0.01p invoice for stationery
AS previous fair enough,,,,

MPs' Expenses | Find out what your UK member of parliament has claimed for at MPsExpenses.info

You will note there is only 1 government minister , running the NHS ( see the relevance ? ) on double every one elses salary and a multimillionaire to boot .

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 08:16   #263 (permalink)

Thanked 7,437 Times in 2,589 Posts
Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute

Kanga. We would like to look into your life insurance suggestion. Can you give details of any company that might deal with that ? Thank you.
Hilsjw is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 11:31   #264 (permalink)

Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

Hilsjw; will pm you. K
Old 12th January 2018, 08:17   #265 (permalink)

Thanked 7,437 Times in 2,589 Posts
Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for your pm. We have printed it out and will study it. Very much appreciated and again, thank you. Hilary.
Hilsjw is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2018, 13:32   #266 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilsjw View Post
Thank you so much for your pm. We have printed it out and will study it. Very much appreciated and again, thank you. Hilary.
My pleasure.
Old 12th January 2018, 14:36   #267 (permalink)

Thanked 10,163 Times in 4,027 Posts
tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
I've said it before and I repeat; if you want to leave something to your family get some life insurance. If you buy the equivalent value of your home, say £250k and get the policy put in trust for your children/executors, no-one can touch it, NO-ONE. You can buy a policy that cover both spouses/partners and it pays out after the second one dies.
Any assessment for care has to deduct the policy premiums from available income because social workers are not allowed to stop your payments. If necessary your children can take over the premiums.
The whole point of a policy in trust is that it pays out to the named beneficiaries without being included in your estate, so no-one knows about it, it's not included in your will, and it is NOT liable for inheritance tax.
If you never need care it's an extra for the family.
Problem is, you have to buy it when you don't need it, when you do, it's too late.
Sage advice Kanga, thanks for posting.

Would you be kind enough to post some ball-park costings figures?, I'm sure many like myself would be very interested to know a little more. EG; the average cost of & name of the type of Insurance needed for 60-65's, 65-70's & 70-75's & the average costs of putting the policy into a trust.

Many have been caught out (my mum) because the house-money grab is a fairly recent policy, my mum was caught right in the middle of an aggressive push by the social care section to action this policy.

I've done some digging but can't come up with a simple 'idiots guide', which I'm gonna need, thanks in advance.

I'm still bemused by May & Jeremy Hunt's statements about their 'NHS Crisis plan' for this winter..... Not verbatim; "We made a plan, our plan is/was to postpone, operations, cancer treatments etc etc"!!!! Why hasn't anybody challenged them on their 'plan' to make people suffer for their lack of duty & care?

Now the dastardly Jeremy also has been given the Social-Care portfolio! God help us..... No doubt he'll do as much for our Social care as he's done for NHS England

Having recently read the 'booklet' on how to privatise the NHS which Jeremy Hunt co-authored with others (they call it Direct Democracy...), I'd have to say it's all going to plan... Interesting though that the authors believed that de-centralisation (devolution) of the NHS would provide a Better system......... M'mm, not from where I'm sitting it isn't! All they've done is fragment & destabilise the NHS whilst adding Billions to the running costs by promoting private enterprises to 'Invest' in virtually every area of our NHS.
Old 12th January 2018, 19:17   #268 (permalink)

Much as I would like to help, Tintagel, I cannot give any guide lines about insurance, because each policy is costed on the ages of the applicants and their health at the time of applying. The underwriters will assess the risk on the healthier of both lives (if 2 are applying), and calculate the premium accordingly. More importantly, having sold my business and retired, I am no longer registered with the FCA as a qualified, regulated adviser, so anything that I post must remain generic.
My advice is always to seek out an independent adviser registered and properly qualified, and steer clear of bank and BS advisers because they cannot access the whole market.
There is NO EXTRA COST for putting a policy in trust; this should be done together with the application form. The trust deed is issued by the insurance company and they automatically become a co-trustee with your appointed choices, to ensure that at no time is a policy ever without a trustee.
The trust ensures a payment directly to the trustees without waiting for probate. As it is outside the estate it cannot be charged inheritance tax, neither will it appear in the will.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
Akasya (12th January 2018), Hilsjw (13th January 2018), tintagel (13th January 2018)
Old 15th January 2018, 08:08   #269 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 18,440 Times in 9,321 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Medical students urged to volunteer as NHS winter crisis worsens

Medical students are being urged to help relieve the NHS winter crisis because hospitals are so short-staffed they are struggling to cope with the surge in patients, the Guardian can reveal.

Despite their lack of experience, undergraduates are being asked to volunteer in A&E units and on wards reeling under the weight of extra demand caused by the cold weather, an outbreak of flu and people suffering serious breathing problems…

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...MCNEWEML6619I2
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
Akasya (15th January 2018)
Old 15th January 2018, 10:17   #270 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 25,493 Times in 10,998 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Jeremy Hunt has been further rewarded for his abject failure to manage the NHS , if he has his way the hulking wreckage of our health service will be saved by full privatisation and being hived off to Carillion in order for it to collapse completely and be bailed out by the taxpayer once again , which the taxpayer has already paid for .

but never fear it will still be bonuses all around for the greedy business owners and managers , let alone Hunt's friends baying to turn the NHS into an insurance seller .

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
enoch (15th January 2018), Jaycey (15th January 2018)

Tags
care , crisis , nhs , social