Classified Ads
  Egyptian Living Forum
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Save on your hotel - www.hotelscombined.com
Old 23rd December 2016, 10:06   #71 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 22,166 Times in 9,285 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NHS & Social Care in Crisis!

Hills , i would never openly disrepect a Lady , but i fear you may be mistaken re Little Nicky and his bearing in this matter , Posh Dave was a long and voluble supporter of his 12 mill aid budget.

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2016, 10:32   #72 (permalink)

Thanked 9,872 Times in 3,813 Posts
tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalimart View Post
At the beginning of the 80s, 15% of care was provided by the private sector, by the end of the 80s 85% was in the private sector and funding was being cut year on year, so very much a Tory problem. Trouble is Hills in so many aspects of life there is a "it will never happen to me" attitude, been there and done it. But sadly it doe's.

Martin
I agree Martin, the Tory's began flogging us off!, trouble is Labour & then the tory/Lib coalition did Nothing to reverse it, they cemented it/us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilsjw View Post
The ghastly Nick Clegg insisted on all this Foreign Aid Steve and David Cameron was too weak to veto it. Wish Mrs. May had the guts to change things now. It's shameful to see where much of the money is going and being wasted. So, who cares about our old people dying of the cold eh ?
I don't think you're too far off the mark there Hills, There was a lot of Horse-trading in that coalition! Both Clegg & Cameron had their own agenda's, Foreign Aid may have been part of a deal/barter that saw the Libs Break their Promise Not to Raise University Tuition Fee's!.....

The only thing we can be sure of is that they were Not putting their Own country first!.
Old 24th December 2016, 07:12   #73 (permalink)

Thanked 6,530 Times in 2,204 Posts
Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely correct Steve - we agree. They are both shyts and I loath them both !
Hilsjw is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2016, 15:59   #74 (permalink)
Just passing through

Thanked 3,783 Times in 2,153 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintagel View Post
I agree Martin, the Tory's began flogging us off!, trouble is Labour & then the tory/Lib coalition did Nothing to reverse it, they cemented it/us.

I don't think you're too far off the mark there Hills, There was a lot of Horse-trading in that coalition! Both Clegg & Cameron had their own agenda's, Foreign Aid may have been part of a deal/barter that saw the Libs Break their Promise Not to Raise University Tuition Fee's!.....

The only thing we can be sure of is that they were Not putting their Own country first!.
This is one of the problems with charities and one of the reasons I will not give to charities.

The more people give then the less control the government will take because someone else is supposedly doing it for them, except the someone else's are too busy lining their own pockets with the funds instead of spending it on the actual cause.
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
pepperkat (2nd January 2017), tintagel (2nd January 2017), Yalides (2nd January 2017)
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:55   #75 (permalink)

tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute

Where has our Legal Duty of Care - Gone?! Where are our safeguards to Protect our elderly & vulnerable from Harm? How the Hell is this Abuse even possible in the UK! 'Care/Nursing' outsourced to Private money grabbing Barstewards........... The 'staff' these people are supplying have mostly No Training, No Qualifications, Nobody checks their backgrounds.........

"Caroline Abrahams, charity director at Age UK, said the revelations were yet another symptom of a crisis in social care.

The investigation reveals that former builders, barmaids and taxi drivers are among thousands of expats flying back to Britain each month to be responsible for elderly people, those with dementia and learning difficulties.

Many of the recruits have no professional qualifications or previous experience of care and are driven to the work by financial desperation after a crippling downturn in the Spanish economy, or to supplement business interests such as bars and restaurants."

'Jet-in' carers fly from Benidorm to Britain amid 'massive' care crisis*
Old 2nd January 2017, 17:24   #76 (permalink)
Am I pretty ?

Thanked 32,075 Times in 15,884 Posts
Yalides has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasya View Post
You think a lot of things that i would be ashamed to consider and spout Des .

Your lying , profligate Tories still wasting money ?

Steve
And labour would be any different Steve ? Think so and you are living in a dream world. All politicians are the same, in it for themselves ultimately unless, of course, you can name any that aren`t.
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:23   #77 (permalink)

Thanked 3,375 Times in 1,348 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone explain why the taxpayer should cough up to protect people who have their own assets?

The local authority Treasurer of every town and city collects council tax from every household, and has to allocate the money to cover ALL services for ALL citizens, from street cleaning to education. I expect the Treasurer to use my money for the widest and best use for all; that's what we call democracy.
I don't expect them to subsidise day to day living expenses of those who can pay their own bills, from my council taxes.

How can they honestly allocate more to individual people who go into a care home?
Why should someone going into a care home suddenly have all their hotel bills covered by taxpayers who may be less well-off?

The problem of long term care is that people want to leave assets (usually a house) to the next generation and expect others to fund their care so they can protect their estate.

If that is so, they should buy life insurance and leave that to their kids in trust so no-one can get their hands on the money. 99% of beneficiaries want to inherit the value of the house, not the actual property, and if they have insurance it doesn't matter if the local authority takes the house. Anyway, LA caree is usually the last resort, not the first, in my experience. My mother in law was in care with vascular dementia for 8 years at a cost to us all in excess of 20k a year and was so well cared for I'm sure she lived longer! She died 10 years ago now, and we are still grateful to the home for looking after her and giving her such good quality of life to the end.

Just asking.

Last edited by Kanga; 2nd January 2017 at 18:49..
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:47   #78 (permalink)
Am I pretty ?

Thanked 32,075 Times in 15,884 Posts
Yalides has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
Can anyone explain why the taxpayer should cough up to protect people who have their own assets?

The local authority Treasurer of every town and city collects council tax from every household, and has to allocate the money to cover ALL services for ALL citizens, from street cleaning to education. I expect the Treasurer to use my money for the widest and best use for all; that's what we call democracy.
I don't expect them to subsidise day to day living expenses of those who can pay their own bills, from my council taxes.

How can they honestly allocate more to individual people who go into a care home?
Why should someone going into a care home suddenly have all their hotel bills covered by taxpayers who may be less well-off?

The problem of long term care is that people want to leave assets to the next generation and expect others to fund their care so they can protect their estate.

If that is so, they should buy life insurance and leave that to their kids in trust so no-one can get their hands on the money. 99% of beneficiaries want to inherit the value of the house, not the actual property.

Just asking.
Bit like the amount of money we waste on illegals and all the waste of spaces in this country I suppose. Can`t afford it, can`t have it.
pepperkat (2nd January 2017)
Old 2nd January 2017, 19:24   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga View Post

The problem of long term care is that people want to leave assets to the next generation and expect others to fund their care so they can protect their estate.

If that is so, they should buy life insurance and leave that to their kids in trust so no-one can get their hands on the money. 99% of beneficiaries want to inherit the value of the house, not the actual property.

Just asking.
Why should those who have worked hard (harder), paid their taxes, Insurances, Prescription & Dental charges, Council Tax, bought their own modest homes, paid into pension funds, done without in order to save for their retirement etc, etc - Pay for those who couldn't or didn't?, the so-called 'middle classes' have been squeezed from both ends -

I've paid in all my life, I didn't have issues with the disparity of contributions based on income until the system became totally unfair & taxpayers were forced to subsidise the Payroll for the mega rich businesses & corporations! 'Our' Assets were sold off to the private sector who then made us pay for them all over again & again & again....... Successive governments have borrowed Billions in our name; only to give it away to other country's...... Not on our own many needy! They've raided our current account to bail out the dirty Bankers!, the list of madness, greed & unfairness is endless......

Many of us who have strived to achieve a modest level of financial security are now asking ourselves - what's the bloody point?!

A couple of days ago I received a letter addressed to 'Dear Sir or Madam', it was headed 'NHS' - Health check. It invited me to a Free NHS Health check at my Local Pharmacy. It's a CON! The company behind the offer is drumming up business for a Private Company who have a Contract with the regional NHS, no doubt they take a cut, get paid per body checked or whatever to direct people to their preferred Pharmacy's!

How the hell does it make sense to pay a company to Find more Customers when the NHS is already drowning in crisis after crisis & can't take care of the patients they already know about!

"How on earth does “avoiding a wait that might further endanger health” for anyone rich enough to take advantage of the situation NOT “increase the wait that might further endanger health” for some other Canadian? The poorer one. Unless Brian Day is also suggesting these procedures will be done totally in privatized hospitals that receive not one penny of public money to build or run...ever? You can bet the farm it does not!"

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/lett...alth-care.html

Last edited by tintagel; 2nd January 2017 at 19:37..
tintagel is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tintagel For This Useful Post:
Akasya (2nd January 2017), esb1841 (5th January 2017), pepperkat (2nd January 2017), Struggs (3rd January 2017), sue & james (3rd January 2017), Yalides (2nd January 2017), yalimart (2nd January 2017)
Old 2nd January 2017, 20:50   #80 (permalink)
From"Gods Own Country"

Thanked 10,490 Times in 3,412 Posts
pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute

Every city, town, village will have the workshy who have lived on the state all of their eligible working lives. They had satellite tv before the working person could afford it, they spent far more time in the pubs than the working person.
When they needed full time care they went straight into the nursing homes,courtesy of the state, while their workshy families carried on milking the state of 's every week.
Yet as soon as my dad died the bill in the nursing home for my mother went from 300.00 perweek ( the local authority rate ) to 800.00 per week ( the rate for "Private" patients ) rising annually until just before my mum died it was 1000.00 per week.
It is the inequality that rankles with most people.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pepperkat For This Useful Post:
Akasya (2nd January 2017), esb1841 (3rd January 2017), sue & james (3rd January 2017), tintagel (3rd January 2017), Yalides (3rd January 2017), yalimart (2nd January 2017)

Tags
care , crisis , nhs , social