FORUM
  Home
  Forums
  Photo Gallery
  TLF Donations
  Forum Rules
  Register
  LINKS
  Property Buying Guide
  Cheap Flights
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  Egyptian Living Forum
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Save on your hotel - www.hotelscombined.com
Old 11th January 2017, 19:34   #21 (permalink)
I'm a celebrity.
 
Billy Joe's Avatar
 

Thanks: 137
Thanked 1,034 Times in 417 Posts
Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of
Re: Martin McGuinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickern View Post
When he eventually pops his clogs Corbyn will be very sad no doubt and will extol his virtues no end. Thing is he will probably outlive Corbyn anyhow.
Not as sad as Livingstone,I think good old Ken will be there berret on head and a tears in his eye when McGiunness is carted out towards Milltown cemetery,the sooner the better.
Billy Joe is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Billy Joe For This Useful Post:
TNT123 (12th January 2017)
Old 11th January 2017, 19:44   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 7
Thanked 276 Times in 107 Posts
Michael Hanley is a jewel in the rough Michael Hanley is a jewel in the rough Michael Hanley is a jewel in the rough
Re: Martin McGuinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork laurence View Post
Anyone involved in breaking the law ,murders, extortion, illegal guns etc should be accountable, regardless what religion or Nationality they are.
Why should some people be in prison for 20 years and others are still walking the streets because they are in politics for the same offence?
If it was a former Protestant terrorist now in politics would you be saying the same?
I think your previous posts have already answered that!
You fail to understand that there wasn't any law and there wasn't any democracy. I get tired of educating the likes of you but none the less here goes again.
The Catholic population did not have a vote unless they owned their own house. They were deprived of any jobs which were all controlled by the Unionists. They were subjected to living in slums and were abused and murdered by the Unionists terrorists and the British 'security services'. The Unionists could have a vote for every house they owned. I am wondering whether you have got it into you think scull by now as to whom had all the votes and who had none.

You talk about the North as if it was part of London. It is easy for you to criticize the Republicans in the North while you live in a free country which was brought about by the gun. The men and women who gave their lives so that you could live in a free country you are now prepared to call terrorists. Even your queen has recently placed a wreath on the cenotaph to honour those brave people who were prepared to fight for their principles and their country without being on a state salary. You are a hypocrite of the highest order and a courdly one at that.
Michael Hanley is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 20:04   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 2,048
Thanked 1,272 Times in 545 Posts
cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of
Re: Martin McGuinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hanley View Post
You fail to understand that there wasn't any law and there wasn't any democracy. I get tired of educating the likes of you but none the less here goes again.
The Catholic population did not have a vote unless they owned their own house. They were deprived of any jobs which were all controlled by the Unionists. They were subjected to living in slums and were abused and murdered by the Unionists terrorists and the British 'security services'. The Unionists could have a vote for every house they owned. I am wondering whether you have got it into you think scull by now as to whom had all the votes and who had none.

You talk about the North as if it was part of London. It is easy for you to criticize the Republicans in the North while you live in a free country which was brought about by the gun. The men and women who gave their lives so that you could live in a free country you are now prepared to call terrorists. Even your queen has recently placed a wreath on the cenotaph to honour those brave people who were prepared to fight for their principles and their country without being on a state salary. You are a hypocrite of the highest order and a courdly one at that.
You really do seem to have a difficulty understanding English as we have already gone over the old history in previous threads. Either that or you are not reading the posts from other people, maybe just reading your own posts repeatedly.
You have already stated your hatred of myself being a Brit living in Southern Ireland and previously in Northern Ireland, so i do have some knowledge on the subject. Despite being Anglican, most of my friends are Catholic, which seems to annoy you even more!
Most people in Ireland seem to be making an effort to move on from the troubles of the past and learn from them. Unfortunately it appears that there are still some people full of hatred, still living in the past.
cork laurence is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cork laurence For This Useful Post:
TNT123 (12th January 2017)
Old 11th January 2017, 20:09   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 2,048
Thanked 1,272 Times in 545 Posts
cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of
Re: Martin McGuinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegogs View Post
The same can be said about another chap. African fellow. Nelson sumfin. Look , he was not an angel and will not be getting a sainthood any time soon. It was dark times then and terrible things were done on both sides. Our wonderful Government decided they couldn't fight on both fronts and picked a side. Joined up covertly with the UVF etc. So now the Catholic community had both the UVF etc and the British Army to contend with. Ask yourself what you would have done if your family and your community faced what these people were facing. Awful times and the Governments hands were just as dirty and managed get theirs dirty first. Just for anyones info , I'm a Jock. A proddy Rangers supporter to boot. But I'm also a fanatical amateur historian who likes to delve into the the stuff the British schools won't teach you. I also worked over and lived in NI. I have good friends from both sides of the divide. The version our wonderful Government sponsored media gave us is waaaaay , waaay short of what actually happened.
I agree with you - Cant have been nice living there in the seventies and eighties. One thing that i always remember is my friends in Newry telling me about the number of suicides in the area. How the murders didn,t just affect those directly involved but also the extended families.
cork laurence is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cork laurence For This Useful Post:
TNT123 (12th January 2017)
Old 11th January 2017, 20:34   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 7
Thanked 276 Times in 107 Posts
Michael Hanley is a jewel in the rough Michael Hanley is a jewel in the rough Michael Hanley is a jewel in the rough
Re: Martin McGuinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork laurence View Post
You really do seem to have a difficulty understanding English as we have already gone over the old history in previous threads. Either that or you are not reading the posts from other people, maybe just reading your own posts repeatedly.
You have already stated your hatred of myself being a Brit living in Southern Ireland and previously in Northern Ireland, so i do have some knowledge on the subject. Despite being Anglican, most of my friends are Catholic, which seems to annoy you even more!
Most people in Ireland seem to be making an effort to move on from the troubles of the past and learn from them. Unfortunately it appears that there are still some people full of hatred, still living in the past.
It is you who has difficulty understanding English. Despite several attempts to educate you on what went on in the North you still seem to be intent on running down all things of a Republican nature while you live in our country which was made free by Republicans. You live in a Catholic community so if you didn't have Catholic friends there you wouldn't have any friends at all. Mind you I bet that you keep your biggotery close to your chest and your mouth tightly shut when it comes to your hatred of all things Republican.

I bet also that you regularly report to your handlers in the North. It is well known that the British security services have placed people in the South who regularly report on any goings on or gossip in their communities. Are you one of them Laurence ?

I also take note that you have completely failed to respond to questions posed to you on previous posts. Deciding instead to go on with your usual drivel because the truth sticks in your craw. It is you who fails to see the truth of the situation in the North which is a requirement to moving on.
Michael Hanley is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 21:09   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 2,048
Thanked 1,272 Times in 545 Posts
cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of cork laurence has much to be proud of
Re: Martin McGuinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hanley View Post
It is you who has difficulty understanding English. Despite several attempts to educate you on what went on in the North you still seem to be intent on running down all things of a Republican nature while you live in our country which was made free by Republicans. You live in a Catholic community so if you didn't have Catholic friends there you wouldn't have any friends at all. Mind you I bet that you keep your biggotery close to your chest and your mouth tightly shut when it comes to your hatred of all things Republican.

I bet also that you regularly report to your handlers in the North. It is well known that the British security services have placed people in the South who regularly report on any goings on or gossip in their communities. Are you one of them Laurence ?

I also take note that you have completely failed to respond to questions posed to you on previous posts. Deciding instead to go on with your usual drivel because the truth sticks in your craw. It is you who fails to see the truth of the situation in the North which is a requirement to moving on.
Have you ever considered a career as a comedian? you certainly give me a good laugh! As you have stated that i am a hypocrite i expect your next post to back up that ridiculous statement with copies of my posts, which im sure you cant do - hopefully we can have some sensible debate while you go back over the previous 6 or seven years posts! should take you a while!
cork laurence is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cork laurence For This Useful Post:
TNT123 (12th January 2017)
Old 11th January 2017, 21:35   #27 (permalink)
Moderator
 
bickern's Avatar
 

Thanks: 2,588
Thanked 11,103 Times in 4,026 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Martin McGuinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hanley View Post
So tell us all Saint Laurence what would you have done had you been placed in the situation that MMG and the Catholic population in the North were in. ?
I know I wouldn't have kneecapped people of my own community and blown up people of my own religeon, including women and children, stuff like that.

"Whatever about McGuinness’s direct involvement with acts classified as war crimes, he was in a position of authority within the IRA during most of the Northern conflict. No matter how reformed he may be, he cannot shirk legal and moral responsibility for the deeds of the organisation: the IRA’s killing of 644 civilians, sadistic torture, ‘knee-capping’, kidnapping and the arbitrarily destruction of the lives of its victims; all of which are in clear contravention of the fourth Geneva Convention as pointed out recently by Fintan O’Toole.

McGuinness has serious questions to answer regarding IRA activities during the many years while in a position of authority within the organisation. Standing before the judges in The Hague answering questions related to war crimes and IRA activates would appear to be more fitting than standing before the Irish electorate seeking the highest office in this Republic." - Ed Walsh
__________________
Norman

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali

Last edited by bickern; 11th January 2017 at 21:54..
bickern is online now send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bickern For This Useful Post:
cork laurence (11th January 2017), pepperkat (11th January 2017), TNT123 (12th January 2017)
Old 11th January 2017, 22:02   #28 (permalink)
Moderator
 
bickern's Avatar
 

Thanks: 2,588
Thanked 11,103 Times in 4,026 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Martin McGuinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Joe View Post
Not as sad as Livingstone,I think good old Ken will be there berret on head and a tears in his eye when McGiunness is carted out towards Milltown cemetery,the sooner the better.
Livingstone can always sing an IRA song, he used to be quite good at it I gather when he was chasing irish votes.

Another terrorist lover John McDonnell 'said gutless wimps opposed to Sinn Fein should have knee-caps shot off'

Labour's John McDonnell 'said gutless wimps opposed to Sinn Fein should have knee-caps shot off' - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Telegraph investigation shows Labour's new leader Jeremy Corbyn and shadow chancellor John McDonnell have long been associated with the Irish terror group.

in 2004 Mr McDonnell, now Labour’s shadow chancellor, was given a special award by Sinn Fein and another IRA-supporting body for the “unfailing political and personal support he has given to the republican community in the Six Counties over many years.”

The award was presented to him at a Sinn Fein fundraising dinner by Gerry Kelly, the IRA terrorist who bombed the Old Bailey, killing one and injuring almost 200.

Kelly, now a senior Sinn Fein politician, also led the 1983 breakout of IRA inmates from the Maze prison, during which he shot a prison officer in the head.

As has been widely reported, Mr McDonnell also honoured IRA terrorists, though in his case only after the ceasefire.

Nigel Dodds, the Democratic Unionist MP for North Belfast, said: “Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell speak about honest politics and straight talking, but they should stop trying to pretend and tell lies that they were pro-peace. They were pro-terrorism. They were enemies of the peace process. They had a clear choice between the IRA and peaceful nationalism and they chose the IRA.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...IRA-links.html
__________________
Norman

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali

Last edited by bickern; 11th January 2017 at 22:10..
bickern is online now send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bickern For This Useful Post:
cork laurence (12th January 2017)
Old 11th January 2017, 22:10   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 7
Thanked 276 Times in 107 Posts
Michael Hanley is a jewel in the rough Michael Hanley is a jewel in the rough Michael Hanley is a jewel in the rough
Re: Martin McGuinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickern View Post
I know I wouldn't have kneecapped people of my own community and blown up people of my own religeon, including women and children, stuff like that.

"Whatever about McGuinness’s direct involvement with acts classified as war crimes, he was in a position of authority within the IRA during most of the Northern conflict. No matter how reformed he may be, he cannot shirk legal and moral responsibility for the deeds of the organisation: the IRA’s killing of 644 civilians, sadistic torture, ‘knee-capping’, kidnapping and the arbitrarily destruction of the lives of its victims; all of which are in clear contravention of the fourth Geneva Convention as pointed out recently by Fintan O’Toole.

McGuinness has serious questions to answer regarding IRA activities during the many years while in a position of authority within the organisation. Standing before the judges in The Hague answering questions related to war crimes and IRA activates would appear to be more fitting than standing before the Irish electorate seeking the highest office in this Republic." - Ed Walsh
Following through on your logic Norman, would you suggest that when MMG would be in the dock at The Hague that on either side of him there would be the British army and their Loyilists Terrorists friends ? Or perhaps you would favour YOUR murderers to be exempt.
Michael Hanley is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 22:26   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 232
Thanked 1,025 Times in 539 Posts
the bueman has much to be proud of the bueman has much to be proud of the bueman has much to be proud of the bueman has much to be proud of the bueman has much to be proud of the bueman has much to be proud of the bueman has much to be proud of the bueman has much to be proud of
Re: Martin McGuinness

The Catholic population did not have a vote unless they owned their own house. They were deprived of any jobs which were all controlled by the Unionists. They were subjected to living in slums and were abused and murdered by the Unionists terrorists and the British 'security services'. The Unionists could have a vote for every house they owned. I am wondering whether you have got it into you think scull by now as to whom had all the votes and who had none.


Just for Balance I have to correct you there......In recent times One Man One Vote had nothing to do with owning a property.....It was if you paid local rates you were entitled to vote and as Catholics were more likely to be unemployed they could not afford to pay rates....Also It was Business Owners having extra votes in ever ward they held a Business gave them extra votes thereby controlling and influencing Councils.

around 1921 when Northern Ireland Prime Minister Lord Craigavon declared a Protestant Ulster for protestant people the Catholic Church hit back and told their congregations not to lift one finger to help the NI State......Catholic's were encouraged to only take jobs where it benefited their own.... like Nursing and Education.....one reason why the NI Civil Service and Police etc had such a distortion in religious uptake for those jobs and also Protestants were out numbered in those roles and still are.

You could if you wish go back to the 17 and 1800's when you had to pay 10 Shillings to register to vote.....hence the saying "getting your 10 shillings worth". or 10 bob's worth.

Below is a good article covering recent events and simplifies our recent history.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ict/civil.html
the bueman is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the bueman For This Useful Post:
bickern (11th January 2017), cork laurence (12th January 2017), TNT123 (12th January 2017)
Reply

Tags
martin , mcguinness



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (2 members and 2 guests)
Michael Hanley , bickern
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RIP George Martin pepperkat News & Views 6 9th March 2016 18:14
hello from martin grayman Introduce yourself 9 12th April 2014 01:10
Hi from Martin & Theresa mfidgeon Introduce yourself 14 16th November 2011 07:17
Hi we are martin and jan martin and jan Introduce yourself 8 28th September 2008 22:05
hello from martin martin mac Introduce yourself 1 17th July 2005 07:59



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:16.
TurkishLiving.com tested by Norton Internet Security TurkishLiving.com tested by McAfee Internet Security
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Style Provided By: Wrestling Clique - Wrestling Forums
TurkishLiving.com


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155