Classified Ads
  Egyptian Living Forum
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Save on your hotel - www.hotelscombined.com
Old 11th January 2017, 22:47   #31 (permalink)

Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,024 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Martin McGuinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hanley View Post
Following through on your logic Norman, would you suggest that when MMG would be in the dock at The Hague that on either side of him there would be the British army and their Loyilists Terrorists friends ? Or perhaps you would favour YOUR murderers to be exempt.
And that answered the point how? I could follow that with an equally stupid question.

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali

Last edited by bickern; 11th January 2017 at 22:50..
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bickern For This Useful Post:
TNT123 (12th January 2017)
Old 11th January 2017, 22:49   #32 (permalink)

bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bueman View Post

You could if you wish go back to the 17 and 1800's when you had to pay 10 Shillings to register to vote.....hence the saying "getting your 10 shillings worth". or 10 bob's worth.
Change of subject I know, but I didn't know that. It's interesting how a lot of sayings have historic episodes behind them.

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
Old 11th January 2017, 22:50   #33 (permalink)

Michael Hanley is a jewel in the rough Michael Hanley is a jewel in the rough Michael Hanley is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickern View Post
And that answered your point how? I could follow that with an equally stupid question.
I get it. All Terrorists to be held equally accountable is a stupid suggestion. I must say this is a totally predictable response from you.
Michael Hanley is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 22:56   #34 (permalink)

No, you changing the goalposts by asking an open question when it is obvious from my prior posts especially concerning Bliar what my thoughts on that would be, as I condone murder by no one; but what you wrote opens up a whole subject that can not be answered with just a yes or no, as you knew all too well.

That is like asking a generic question on the Irish troubles, or the Palestinian problems and expecting a yes or no answer.

So no you don't get it, probably explains a lot of why you don't get things.

If you bothered to notice it was a quote from someone else, look at the bold bit and the fact it is in question marks. Address questions to The founding president of the University of Limerick, Dr Ed Walsh, if you want to know answers to what his feelings are. http://www.edwalsh.ie/biography/ he has a contact page I believe.

My bit was the 1st paragraph, the bit you chose to ignore.

Muhammad Ali

Last edited by bickern; 11th January 2017 at 23:06..
Old 11th January 2017, 23:13   #35 (permalink)

Michael Hanley is a jewel in the rough Michael Hanley is a jewel in the rough Michael Hanley is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
No, you changing the goalposts by asking an open question when it is obvious from my prior posts especially concerning Bliar what my thoughts on that would be, as I condone murder by no one; but what you wrote opens up a whole subject that can not be answered with just a yes or no, as you knew all too well.

That is like asking a generic question on the Irish troubles, or the Palestinian problems and expecting a yes or no answer.

So no you don't get it, probably explains a lot of why you don't get things.

If you bothered to notice it was a quote from someone else, look at the bold bit and the fact it is in question marks.

My bit was the 1st paragraph, the bit you chose to ignore.
I fully realise that the last paragraph was not from you but as you were copying that in it became obvious that you were in agreement with it, so it might be as well have come from you.
The resolution is easy really, just state that all murderers should be held equally accountable, including the British army and their Loyilists Terrorists friends and everybody will know exactly where you stand. It is just that you seem to be very reluctant to do that with your constant Republican bashing.
It might stick in your craw but just spit it out. I think we can give up on Billy Joe as a lost cause but are you capable of showing any common sense or humanity in this debate ?
Old 11th January 2017, 23:26   #36 (permalink)

Thanked 1,022 Times in 538 Posts
the bueman has much to be proud of the bueman has much to be proud of the bueman has much to be proud of the bueman has much to be proud of the bueman has much to be proud of the bueman has much to be proud of the bueman has much to be proud of the bueman has much to be proud of

Love your enemies, says DUP man on McGuinness illness - Belfast Newsletter
the bueman is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 23:36   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hanley View Post
just state that all murderers should be held equally accountable, including the British army and their Loyilists Terrorists friends and everybody will know exactly where you stand.
I stand 100% by that and I don't remember any post by me that would suggest different, so do you agree that Martin McGuinness should be held accountable or are you reluctant to do that?

Muhammad Ali
Old 12th January 2017, 00:02   #38 (permalink)

Supergrass Raymond Gilmour is quoted as saying ‘To look at him now he thinks he is a statesman but his hands are dripping in the blood of many, many people. People shouldn’t forget that.’

Read more at: http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/lov...ness-1-7766567

Muhammad Ali
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bickern For This Useful Post:
cork laurence (12th January 2017), TNT123 (12th January 2017)
Old 12th January 2017, 00:19   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Ah, Michael Hanley you read the post then waited 24 minutes to go off line. A straight answer of yes you agree or not would have sufficed. A simple enough question.
Believe it or not I don't live on this forum and have other things going on in my life.

I have said on many occasions that I don't support murder whatever the source. As I have also stated, I reserve the greatest comdimnation for forces of the state who carry out murders and collude with others to do so. In the case of MMG and any other Republicans, they were put in that situation by lack of democracy and violence against them. I have previously asked you the question which you chose to ignore as to what you would have done in that situation. I don't wish to know what you wouldn't have done. For instance would you have rolled over and said shoot me and my family again ?

Now for the final time can you bring yourself to condemn the British army and their Loyilists Terrorists friends and can you say that they should be prosecuted for those murders ?

If you can't do so then we will all better understand what you are truly made of.
Old 12th January 2017, 00:26   #40 (permalink)

I deleted that comment you quote just after posting so I presume you copied it before you went offline and did not review the thread when you came back, and spent ages replying. After all the time you took trying to think up an answer that was the best you could come up with? You surprise me. I also answered your question if you could understand it, obviously not.

What do you mean now for the final time?

You can't read post 37 where I concur 100% with that? You obviously have a problem understanding simple statements. I asked a simple question "so do you agree that Martin McGuinness should be held accountable or are you reluctant to do that?".

Are you going to answer that because I did indeed answer your question, and I am sure most people of normal intelligence drew the conclusion your question was answered. If you don't understand my post 37 was an answer then what more can I say? But then it pains you to answer coherently so I expect another post that shows your inability to grasp simple questions and answers.

A clue on how to answer questions.

a) "do you agree that Martin McGuinness should be held accountable". I stand 100% by that.

b) "do you agree that Martin McGuinness should be held accountable". I disagree with that.

c) "do you agree that Martin McGuinness should be held accountable". I do agree that Martin McGuinness should be held accountable"

d) "do you agree that Martin McGuinness should be held accountable". I do not agree that Martin McGuinness should be held accountable"

To use your words from post 35 "everybody will know exactly where you stand." just answer a, b, c or d then everybody will know where you stand.

Don't flannel to evade, just answer as I answered you, so that everyone of normal intelligence and above knew where I stood.

Muhammad Ali

Last edited by bickern; 12th January 2017 at 00:53..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bickern For This Useful Post:
cork laurence (12th January 2017), TNT123 (12th January 2017)

Tags
martin , mcguinness