Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 5th March 2017, 11:34   #11 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,311 Times in 12,922 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Boris

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse View Post
You surprise me Spurs

I thought you would have been totally opposed to the "careerist privileged establishment knows best" types -over the ordinary man in the street
You have to deal with what you've got. There's very few Conservative MPs who truly know anything about the man on the street, unfortunately over the last few years Labour MPs are moving towards the same position............its exactly as you say, "careerist".

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2017, 11:39   #12 (permalink)

Thanked 11,916 Times in 4,391 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute

Well when a guy who is a committed Tory makes out he is favourable to the SDP to get elected to the Oxford Union it does set a tone.

I like the guy I have to admit and most who know him (I don't) seem to, even when he insults them. I did cringe when he was made FM but perhaps TM knows the guy better and relies on him disarming detractors. If he charms Putin then so be it, lets face it good old Trump seems to be having dialog.

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bickern For This Useful Post:
Spurs (5th March 2017)
Old 5th March 2017, 11:44   #13 (permalink)
Spurs

Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickern View Post
Well when a guy who is a committed Tory makes out he is favourable to the SDP to get elected to the Oxford Union it does set a tone.

I like the guy I have to admit and most who know him (I don't) seem to, even when he insults them. I did cringe when he was made FM but perhaps TM knows the guy better and relies on him disarming detractors. If he charms Putin then so be it, lets face it good old Trump seems to be having dialog.
I only by chance read this morning that Putin had threatened to level the Kingdom of Saudi & put them all back in tents. Who knows perhaps he can convert BJ.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Old 5th March 2017, 12:06   #14 (permalink)

Thanked 18,940 Times in 9,407 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

If Putin did say that, let's hope he follows through

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saoirse For This Useful Post:
keefee (6th March 2017), Spurs (5th March 2017), water (5th March 2017)
Old 5th March 2017, 12:29   #15 (permalink)

Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,088 Posts
WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

His "disgust" at "evil regime" in Syria contrasting with his nauseating brown nosing to the Saudis is one of many examples of how shallow and self serving he is
Saoirse- I am no Tory but your comment re Saudis would apply to all Boris's predecessors (and their bosses) in my voting lifetime - irrespective of what govt was in power. When trade is the be all and end all - then morals and ethics fly out the window. In a painful interview with Jon Snow just prior to his downfall I heard David Cameron squirm and dodge questions around UK policy with the Saudis. Eventually he got so brassed off with the persistent grilling that he blurted out that the main justification for close links with such a heinous dictatorship was " security- the Saudis are so important to UK intelligence services re the Middle Eastern terrorist threat". The irony lies in the fact that the Saudis are and have been prolific exporters and funders of Islamic terrorism.

Last edited by WIDDRINGTON; 5th March 2017 at 12:35..
WIDDRINGTON is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WIDDRINGTON For This Useful Post:
saoirse (5th March 2017), Spurs (5th March 2017), water (5th March 2017), yalimart (5th March 2017)
Old 5th March 2017, 12:39   #16 (permalink)
Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDDRINGTON View Post
Saoirse- I am no Tory but your comment re Saudis would apply to all Boris's predecessors (and their bosses) in my voting lifetime - irrespective of what govt was in power. When trade is the be all and end all - then morals and ethics fly out the window. In a painful interview with Jon Snow just prior to his downfall I heard David Cameron squirm and dodge questions around UK policy with the Saudis. Eventually he got so brasses off with the persistent grilling that the main justification for close links with such a heinous dictatorship was " security- the Saudis are so important to UK intelligence services re terrorist threat". The irony lies in the fact that the Saudis are and have been prolific in sponsoring Islamic terrorism.
The same applies to Russia, it currently supplies 34% of the EUs energy needs, the EU wants to continue to burn the gas & not the supplier. Seems every country that holds oil/gas is either a target by the West or one hell of a devious "friend".

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Old 5th March 2017, 13:22   #17 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 5,079 Times in 2,349 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

It nauseates me how for years British politicians have bent over backwards to Saudi, maybe BJ will take a different position to Saudi leaders (pun intended).
Akasya (5th March 2017)
Old 5th March 2017, 13:45   #18 (permalink)
Spurs

Saudi one of the biggest oil producers in the world, America this biggest user.........what happens when it runs out? Cold turkey.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Old 5th March 2017, 13:46   #19 (permalink)

Thanked 1,394 Times in 513 Posts
eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of

Quote:
Boris is the total epitome of chinless wonder privileged careerist opportunist politicians.

If it suited his personal ambitions and selfish ego to about-turn on any issue he would do it in a heartbeat

His "disgust" at "evil regime" in Syria contrasting with his nauseating brown nosing to the Saudis is one of many examples of how shallow and self serving he is
And your evidence for this is .... ? Like it or not, he was a great mayor of London and made a fantastic job of the Olympics, a project which required huge logistics skill and attention to detail ... maybe he delegated the tasks, but being able to choose the right people is also a demonstration of intelligence!

Personally I am not keen on privileged sociatlists who have a lifestyle much better than most of us can afford, you know who you are!!
eliza is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2017, 13:48   #20 (permalink)

Thanked 1,394 Times in 513 Posts
eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDDRINGTON View Post
Saoirse- I am no Tory but your comment re Saudis would apply to all Boris's predecessors (and their bosses) in my voting lifetime - irrespective of what govt was in power. When trade is the be all and end all - then morals and ethics fly out the window. In a painful interview with Jon Snow just prior to his downfall I heard David Cameron squirm and dodge questions around UK policy with the Saudis. Eventually he got so brassed off with the persistent grilling that he blurted out that the main justification for close links with such a heinous dictatorship was " security- the Saudis are so important to UK intelligence services re the Middle Eastern terrorist threat". The irony lies in the fact that the Saudis are and have been prolific exporters and funders of Islamic terrorism.
And so- even with gritted teeth it is correct to remain friends with the Saudis as they are our chief ally in that area of the world and the security of the British people is paramount
eliza is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
boris