Classified Ads
  Egyptian Living Forum
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Save on your hotel - www.hotelscombined.com
Old 16th March 2017, 07:40   #141 (permalink)

Thanked 11,612 Times in 4,269 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The end is nigh

Sturgeon accused of 'ignoring will of the people' with second referendum bid

THE Scot behind a petition calling for the second independence referendum to be blocked last night accused Nicola Sturgeon and SNP for ignoring the democratic will of the people to their own end.

John Innes launched the petition after the First Minister made her shock announcement on Monday that she plans to call the electorate to the polls because Theresa May is not bowing to her demands over Brexit.

But the petition has attracted over 130,000 signatures in just 48 hours showing voters are unhappy with the turn of events.

He added: “We have already had an independence referendum and were told it was a once-in-a-lifetime event.

“Scotland overwhelmingly voted against separation and yet we are being told there will be another referendum potentially as soon as next year, mere four years later. That’s a very short lifetime. The only people this agenda benefits are the SNP.”

The dog kennel owner, who runs the business with his wife, Lynda, was a No voter in 2014 and also voted Leave in last summer’s EU referendum, admitted he was shocked how quickly his petition “took off”.

The UK Parliament will consider any petition for a debate once it has amassed more than 100,000 signatures and Mr Innes’s campaign hit that benchmark on Wednesday morning.

Mr Innes concluded: “The will of people in 2014 was for us to remain in the UK and the will of people in 2016 was for the UK to leave the EU. That is called democracy. To swap one central government to another as an independent country does not make sense.

“If there is to be another referendum it should be one for the whole of the UK and on the same grounds as the EU referendum last June.

“We are one nation made of four and it was as one nation we opted for Brexit. We are the United Kingdom and we should stay as that. It is the UK that wants out of Europe and we should be working together to make the best of it.”

Last night, a spokeswoman for the House of Commons confirmed Mr Innes’s petition would be discussed by the Petitions Committee on Tuesday to decide whether it should be granted a debate.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/779...um-will-people

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali

Last edited by bickern; 16th March 2017 at 07:43..
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bickern For This Useful Post:
bigalant (16th March 2017), Billy Joe (16th March 2017), eliza (16th March 2017), Hilsjw (16th March 2017), pepperkat (16th March 2017), tintagel (16th March 2017), Yalides (16th March 2017)
Old 16th March 2017, 08:45   #142 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 22,148 Times in 9,277 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

SNP , is what it says on the tin.

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
bigalant (16th March 2017)
Old 16th March 2017, 15:09   #143 (permalink)
STRONG AND STABLE.

Thanked 1,135 Times in 474 Posts
Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of

I think wee Nippy has just been told to jog on by the PM,a result.
bigalant (16th March 2017), Yalides (17th March 2017)
Old 16th March 2017, 15:13   #144 (permalink)
________

Thanked 9,453 Times in 4,547 Posts
kemerkid has disabled reputation

Every time this thread comes up to the top, I keep checking the seat of my pants.
kemerkid is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2017, 17:31   #145 (permalink)

Thanked 2,913 Times in 1,142 Posts
bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute

The SNP have dealt a master card .
Of self destruction .

May is becoming the thinking Scots champion .
In my opinion only of course .

160000 and rising fast .
bigalant is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2017, 17:39   #146 (permalink)

bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse View Post
And you have ZERO respect for the overwhelming number of Scots who support SNP

The Tories have no mandate to rule in Scotland or the North of Ireland

Mayhem herself wasn't even elected!!!!

You and other Brexiteers need to make your mind up. You either want Scotland or not

You know you've ballsed up and we as Nats are in for the kill

UK as currently formulated is on the way out
Philip
You do not know my thoughts at all .
I respect everyone's view .I just hate bully's with a passion .
They want their way without considering others .

SNP in my opinion are political bully's hiding behind clever words that are now being seen through .
Actions that have delivered nothing compared with their promises .

The petition you scorned is now at 160000 and rising .

Scots are wise people canny people .
SNP is not coming home any more they are fading .

Just my opinion .
The Following User Says Thank You to bigalant For This Useful Post:
PASH (18th March 2017)
Old 16th March 2017, 18:52   #147 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 29,292 Times in 12,130 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to think that many a Scot is embarrassed by the SNPs attitude, not all but many.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
Billy Joe (16th March 2017), PASH (18th March 2017), Yalides (17th March 2017)
Old 16th March 2017, 19:38   #148 (permalink)
STRONG AND STABLE.

Thanked 1,135 Times in 474 Posts
Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of Billy Joe has much to be proud of

Now wee Nippy is into the "my mandates bigger than yours"I know a few on here who have the same thinking..
Yalides (17th March 2017)
Old 16th March 2017, 20:49   #149 (permalink)

Thanked 2,954 Times in 950 Posts
Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute Sha Hoorsur has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to ignore this thread due to some of the more crass and ill-informed comments, however the tone has improved a little, so here goes. Feel free to hurl abuse, it bothers me not one little bit.
Letís start at the beginning, Nicola Sturgeon is rightly a respected politician in Scotland and has the wellbeing of the Scottish people uppermost in her mind, but that doesnít mean she is right one hundred percent of the time, but if you lived in Scotland who would you vote for? Labour under Jeremy Corbyn, your having a Turkish! The Tories, the party who systematically dismantled our industrial heritage and sold what was left to the highest bidder, and who incidentally display a particular dislike for all things Northern. Or how about the Lib-dems? LOL.
For once in my life I actually agree with Theresa May, now is not the time for another referendum. Itís too soon after the Brexit vote to go to the polls again, the majority of Scots are still reeling from the decision to leave Europe and when they were asked how they would vote on independence they naturally said we should cut our ties with England and stay in Europe. Since then however it has become abundantly clear that Scotland will not be allowed to stay in the EU due in no small part to objections from Spain, and we must leave with the rest of the UK. This is the hand that we have been dealt so all things considered our best option is to stay together and try to build Britain into a better place for us all, not just for London. If a Westminster government of whatever hue could be seen to invest capital into the North of the country and do something to improve the employment prospects or our young people then we might be more kindly disposed to them. And by the North of the country I mean anywhere above Leeds. The general population of the South have no idea how run down things are in the North, in the town where I live even McDonalds has shut down. When I go down to my local high street I see endless boarded up shops and it seems like every second retail outlet is either a charity shop or some kind of pawnbrokers. I see young people just hanging around just killing time and I just think what a waste of talent. All those youngsters who should be forging a career for themselves and contributing to society are instead just simply stagnating, doing nothing and going nowhere. I spoke to a young lad in his twenties who told me his most recent job offer was as a security person at a football match in Edinburgh. It was on a self employed basis, he would have to provide his own transport there and back, and he would only be paid for the 90 minutes of play and one hour before and one hour after the match. For a princely sum of seven pounds an hour, paying his own tax and insurance. They could pretty much employ him most Saturdays but couldnít give him any guarantees for during the week. Would you sign off the dole for that? Yet when I am in the High street and I hear peopleís voices you would almost think you were in Eastern Europe somewhere, every second person is a foreigner. All the building sites are employing foreign labour, I thought they were Poles but it turns out theyíre Hungarian, and recruited directly from Hungary. Local unemployed people have no chance of a job under these circumstances. So for me at least here is the paradox, I like the SNP because I feel they will do their best for Scotland, but they are all for unrestricted immigration. I donít like the Tories because they will not invest in the North of the country, but they will cut immigration. So if we are going to stay together and build a land fit for heroes to live in, the powers that be had better stop paddling in the Thames and wondering where next in London to spend our billions, whether it be a nice refurbishment for Buckingham palace, or splurging out even more to tart up the houses of parliament, and instead do something to improve the prospects of the rest of the country.
Otherwise the SNP bogeyman will be out to frighten them.
Sha Hoorsur is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sha Hoorsur For This Useful Post:
bickern (17th March 2017), bigalant (17th March 2017), Jaycey (16th March 2017), jea-a-xiii (17th March 2017), Kingfisher (16th March 2017), pepperkat (16th March 2017), Spurs (17th March 2017), willip (17th March 2017), Yalides (17th March 2017)
Old 17th March 2017, 10:55   #150 (permalink)

Sha

A really good read .

( I so agree investment should be pumped into the north )

Alan

Last edited by bigalant; 17th March 2017 at 12:10.. Reason: Agree about north
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigalant For This Useful Post:
Sha Hoorsur (17th March 2017), Spurs (17th March 2017)

Tags
end , nigh