kemerkid

Bystander
Spanish bathrooms.
The traditional Spanish bathroom derives its appearance from its Mediterranean location and is influenced by countries such as Italy, Greece and Turkey. The centre piece would be the bath itself and can be found set in a surround shaped like a four poster bed, sometimes in a stone alcove complete with window to the courtyard. More modest baths would be free standing tubs made of Iron or brass, complete with rustic taps.

More recent visitors to Spain who are keen to make up for lost time might prefer the all singing all dancing power shower to the leisurely bath but still leave room for the more traditional artefacts to decorate the room. Terracotta tiles and the use of bold red, yellow and orange hues put the finishing touches to the scene.

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
Spanish bathrooms.
Now this IS a thread

Did you know that Spanish showers were originally designed as underwater phone boxes by the late great Don One Sheet?

KK Jaycey will thank you immensely as he will luuuuuurv this thread since it's about as interesting as all that old bollox he posts about Russia, Putin, Ukraine etc etc

Pic below-A shower cubicle in Spain yesterday-note the shower head is on the RIGHT side, as per EU regulations direction of shower jet must always be the same as the direction of vehicular traffic

IMG_0338.JPG

Last edited:

kemerkid

Bystander
Spanish bathrooms.
Now that is interesting because I thought it was on the right because that is the way that most gentlemen dress.

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
Spanish bathrooms.
Could I just thank KK again for starting this fabulous thread and yes you've guessed it -I am posting live from Valencia, possibly even from a shower

alva5763

Bodrum buddy
Spanish bathrooms.
Philip. You are such a mine of information. Really,really useful information. Russia and Ukraine are so minor in interest compared to the above.

kemerkid

Bystander
Spanish bathrooms.
Philip. You are such a mine of information. Really,really useful information. Russia and Ukraine are so minor in interest compared to the above.

You might be right there dear when you consider how few individuals contribute to those two subjects.

kemerkid

Bystander
Spanish bathrooms.
I think I'll join you Martin, I've just rushed down to Migros and bought a six pack.
The toast is 'Spanish bathrooms' Aclamaciones (cheers)

Attachments

• cerveza small.jpg
    cerveza small.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 6

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
Spanish bathrooms.
Right
If you're just gonna take the piss I will not give you anymore info whatsoever re Spanish domestic facilities and you lot will be the poorer for it as I WAS thinking of posting an article on tiling grouting and floor care in the Valencia region

kemerkid

Bystander
Spanish bathrooms.
Right
If you're just gonna take the piss I will not give you anymore info whatsoever re Spanish domestic facilities and you lot will be the poorer for it as I WAS thinking of posting an article on tiling grouting and floor care in the Valencia region

Ted can give you marks out of ten for that one.

kemerkid

Bystander
Spanish bathrooms.
I didn't but Martin did. And your right with all the showers on here it's a plumbers dream come true.

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
Spanish bathrooms.
Now that IS interesting yet some try to say you learn nothing on TLF.

Similarly re collective nouns gander of geese is well known but did you know more than 2 Tories is actually known as a " bunch of cuntz"

Latest Posts

Top Bottom