Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 19th May 2017, 21:31   #391 (permalink)

Thanked 11,916 Times in 4,391 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UK General Election June 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse View Post
Remind me Norm -what side were your govt on when they were assisting the UDA in a murder campaign against Catholics?

Your beloved Tories through Cameron acknowledged and apologised for the British assisting the UDA for years
How do you arrive at they are my beloved Tories? That is your problem and always has been, you presume too much and decide what others believe like you are the all seeing oracle.

If you ever bother to stop being selective so you can talk crap you would know that I don't like and have never liked Cameron or Boris (as a politician) because I have posted my views on both enough times.

Just because MH has problems and is a kinsman you don't have to behave like him in the digesting and understanding department.

But as I have outlined before, most of your posts lack substance.

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 21:34   #392 (permalink)

Thanked 18,940 Times in 9,407 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

Lol

I'll take you inability to construct a riposte as a " direct hit" on your empty one sided nonsense about Labour as an acceptance of the culpability of ALL major British political parties in our tragic history here

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saoirse For This Useful Post:
Akasya (20th May 2017), Leo (20th May 2017)
Old 19th May 2017, 21:37   #393 (permalink)

bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintagel View Post

This may well produce a stronger more diverse opposition - fingers crossed.
I really hope something happens because if she gets the big majority she is expected to get, then democracy will take a hit. Thatcher did what she wanted when she got her big majority and so did Bliar. If she gets 100 plus majority she will do what she wants when she wants and say the country gave her the mandate to do so.

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
The Following User Says Thank You to bickern For This Useful Post:
tintagel (19th May 2017)
Old 19th May 2017, 21:38   #394 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol

I'll take you inability to construct a riposte as a " direct hit" on your empty one sided nonsense about Labour as an acceptance of the culpability of ALL major British political parties in our tragic history here
If you mean your tragic history re Ireland then that is a different subject in need of its own thread.

Muhammad Ali
Old 19th May 2017, 21:42   #395 (permalink)

saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

Eh????

You were rambling on about it a couple of posts ago in this thread!!!

Early onset Normski???

The point is your one sided attitude when apportioning blame is a bit daft

Henrik er min hjelte.
Akasya (20th May 2017), Michael Hanley (20th May 2017)
Old 19th May 2017, 22:02   #396 (permalink)

Quote:
Eh????

You were rambling on about it a couple of posts ago in this thread!!!

Early onset Normski???

The point is your one sided attitude when apportioning blame is a bit daft
I was replying to a post then, and it was not one sided, I was pointing out a fact re Corbayn and it is a fact.

for seven years running, while the IRA “armed struggle” was at its height, Mr Corbyn attended and spoke at official republican commemorations to honour dead IRA terrorists, IRA “prisoners of war” and the active “soldiers of the IRA.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...IRA-links.html

I am not aware than any government minister did that, but of course if you actually have evidence to the contrary then fine, post away, but I prefer actual media links not your normal rhetoric with no substance posts. Many articles and pictures, including videos exist of the terrorist lover Corbyn paying homage and that is fact, nothing one sided about it.

Muhammad Ali
Old 19th May 2017, 22:07   #397 (permalink)

Are you doubting my claim of the fact Cameron acknowledged and apologised for the British assisting the UDA????

This was taken directly from Sir Desmond de Silvas report into collusion

Sir Desmond found that "in 1985 the security service assessed that 85% of the UDA's 'intelligence' originated from sources within the security forces".
And he was "satisfied that this proportion would have remained largely unchanged" by the time of Mr Finucane's murder."

Henrik er min hjelte.

Last edited by saoirse; 19th May 2017 at 22:17..
Akasya (20th May 2017), Michael Hanley (20th May 2017)
Old 19th May 2017, 23:03   #398 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you doubting my claim of the fact Cameron acknowledged and apologised for the British assisting the UDA????
I go further and admit the security services colluded with terrorist organisations, and the government of the day must have given their blessing.

Nothing to do with an Englishman born and bred (Corbyn) who had his kinsmen blown up in Birmingham or wherever, then chooses to publicly back and shows solidarity with those who were responsible.

The reason I never attack you or other Irish folk for their support of whatever group is because it is/was your kinsmen. A unionist for instance will have his feelings and beliefs based on his/her experiences as they were brought up, they will have seen/experienced first hand the problems as they saw it.

Gerry Adams saw and experienced first hand the problems his family and neighbors experienced, he formed his views based on that experience, and what he was told by friends and family. I do not attack him for that.

John Finucane will have his viewpoint on how he was brought up and what he has seen and experienced first hand along with what friends and family have told him as he grew up, therefore I have no issues.

Am I going to sit here and decide what the truth was/is? No

Then we have Corbyn, what is his excuse? He has no experience of what happened, he has had no direct influence from family and friends, he just expediently jumped on a bandwagon and started praising IRA terrorist.

I have mentioned to you before, you know the side you choose to believe, you have had influence (probably one sided) as you were brought up, you will have had friends and family murdered, imprisoned or what have you and because of that you will have a bias. All sides were guilty, maybe guilty of different things, there will be many of your kinsmen who will see things differently than you, they will probably be biased because they were brought up different to you.

You will never ever understand what a trooper went through as they did their tours, why would you?

Corbyn has no excuse for being a terrorist lover, and whilst one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter could apply to many in NI for instance Corbyn, has no right to be in that club.

I say again, you can't draw a parallel with government ministers applauding the IRA as Corbyn has done, because they haven't done so.

Muhammad Ali
Old 19th May 2017, 23:26   #399 (permalink)
Leo

Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalimart View Post
Leo,

I don't dispute the fact that public service workers make a contribution, What I dispute is the value of the pension pot, I will give you an example of which there are thousands.

My mate a detective sergeant retired at 49 after 30 years, his pension is payable at about 60% of his final salary and is index linked.
Now just explain how he has paid enough into the pot to enable that level of pension, someone working in a similar paid job until they are 65 would struggle to achieve that.

Working in public services for 40 years doesn't give you any more insight into public service pension schemes than any other person, but being married to a wealth management professional who just happens to work in that field does give me some advantage in the matter. We do talk to each other every now and then, I have also met with actuaries who can articulate the frailties of the Public service pension pot far better than I can, but in laymans terms they are classed as unfunded schemes.
This link highlights the problem,

Public sector pension scheme liabilities rise to 1.3 trillion - Citywire

so does this one

Every Briton faces 53k debt for public secret pensions and other unfunded schemes

and another.

https://www.ft.com/content/889e1862-...c-082c54a7f539

The funds you mention are not capable of sustaining their liabilities, and never were.
The simple fact is these schemes are backed by the tax payer, and after yesterdays announcements attacking pensioners and introduction of a dementia tax, surely you cant believe that the public service pension pot (liabillity) is not in line of sight.

Martin
Sorry Martin, whilst I of course share you detestment of the Con Artists, I can't share your understanding of public sector pensions... Let me explain - when I started (40 years ago) I was told that there was no option - I had to make compulsory payments into my pension - a position which remained throughout my service. At that time it was 6%. The deal was (85 year rule) that if I worked without a break in service I would get the maximum pension of half pay (Nb: you Bobby mate is lying to you if he says its 60% - it's simply not possible in the scheme to get more than the maximum half pay). Without my agreement or even consultation the Cons then changed the rules - firstly to up the contribution to 7 and then 9% and then to extend the time you had to work to draw your pension and finally to reduce the 'benefit' I had accrued (although quite why it was called a benefit when it was self-funded is beyond me) - meaning that my pension then had a reduction of 42% despite my 40 years of paying in !

Now to the twaddle of the Gov't supposedly putting money in - this argument has of course been peddled for some years (part of the anti-public sector campaign by the Cons which supported and made it easier for them to make the cuts to public services, to public sector pay and to public sector employment Nb: it is acknowledged that local Gov't has experienced more than 25% reduction in headcount and 30% reduction in overall funding cost).

And to the question of how public sector pension funds are created - employees make contributions of course throughout their working lives, as do the employees (not central Gov't). The fund managers then invest to grow the pot. The simple fact is that there is no cost to central Gov't and that whilst the fund managers have of course been hit with lower growth since the recession, there is still sufficient to sustain public sector workers pensions... And here's the final rub - as public sector pensions were 'contracted out' if you receive one - your old age pension (when you get it) will be reduced by nearly 35%

Good old Conservatives -robbing bar stewards.

Your excessive taxes sir are to pay for the bonkers increases in fat-cat salaries and severance payments in banks that caused the bloody recession in the first place. Pity they are in non-contributory pension schemes eh
Leo is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:
Akasya (20th May 2017)
Old 20th May 2017, 06:35   #400 (permalink)
20 - 12 - 3

Thanked 19,380 Times in 8,357 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Sorry Martin, whilst I of course share you detestment of the Con Artists, I can't share your understanding of public sector pensions... Let me explain - when I started (40 years ago) I was told that there was no option - I had to make compulsory payments into my pension - a position which remained throughout my service. At that time it was 6%. The deal was (85 year rule) that if I worked without a break in service I would get the maximum pension of half pay (Nb: you Bobby mate is lying to you if he says its 60% - it's simply not possible in the scheme to get more than the maximum half pay). Without my agreement or even consultation the Cons then changed the rules - firstly to up the contribution to 7 and then 9% and then to extend the time you had to work to draw your pension and finally to reduce the 'benefit' I had accrued (although quite why it was called a benefit when it was self-funded is beyond me) - meaning that my pension then had a reduction of 42% despite my 40 years of paying in !

Now to the twaddle of the Gov't supposedly putting money in - this argument has of course been peddled for some years (part of the anti-public sector campaign by the Cons which supported and made it easier for them to make the cuts to public services, to public sector pay and to public sector employment Nb: it is acknowledged that local Gov't has experienced more than 25% reduction in headcount and 30% reduction in overall funding cost).

And to the question of how public sector pension funds are created - employees make contributions of course throughout their working lives, as do the employees (not central Gov't). The fund managers then invest to grow the pot. The simple fact is that there is no cost to central Gov't and that whilst the fund managers have of course been hit with lower growth since the recession, there is still sufficient to sustain public sector workers pensions... And here's the final rub - as public sector pensions were 'contracted out' if you receive one - your old age pension (when you get it) will be reduced by nearly 35%

Good old Conservatives -robbing bar stewards.

Your excessive taxes sir are to pay for the bonkers increases in fat-cat salaries and severance payments in banks that caused the bloody recession in the first place. Pity they are in non-contributory pension schemes eh
Read on,

https://www.policeuk.com/police_pension.php

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
8th , election , general , june