Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 18th November 2017, 22:19   #1 (permalink)
JanetClarke

Thanked 4,991 Times in 1,711 Posts
JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute JanetClarke has a reputation beyond repute
Bliss

I know it's boring but I've been looking for some curtain tie backs that are a bit longer than standard.

Nothing around here so friend suggested I try the new John Lewis store on the outskirts of York.

John Lewis is kinda of new to me.
Never been in Yorkshire until this new store.

After looking around and not finding anything a truly lovely, helpful lady offered her assistance.
She honestly went everywhere and finally she took me online.

I was looking to pay max 20 and she agreed.

The John Lewis website was pretty much agreement on that price until it came up with a 320 price tag for an Osborne & Little tie back
Strewth, she said, Sorry!

I said, oh well that' s Geoerge Osbornes family.
Who's he she said.

Explained , nicely, he was the Cof Ex Under Cameron and was now the Editor of the Evening Standard.

Never heard of any of them or the ES.

Don't bother with all that stuff.

She really came across as a very happy lady in minor discussions about her family.

As always, in conflict with all the nonsense around us she lives in bliss and I worry.

Who's the fool. Must be me..
JanetClarke is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JanetClarke For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (8th December 2017), Kingfisher (18th November 2017)
Old 18th November 2017, 22:57   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 7,445 Times in 3,071 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bliss

Short of making them myself I would get some pictures and get lookalikes made in Turkey, probably for a few lira.

Don't believe those who by wealth are sheltered from reality.
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juco For This Useful Post:
IbrahimAbi (9th December 2017), JanetClarke (19th November 2017)
Old 19th November 2017, 22:48   #3 (permalink)

juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

Well I had some better `bliss` than Janet.
I have replaced loads of batteries in watches, never a problem although all fake fakes from Turkey. However I have an Accurist and a Rotary one bought for my 60th that I have never worn in 6 years so as expected batteries dead, replaced batteries...still dead. I have done loads of work on clocks over the years but watches to fiddly and dont have the proper tools.
So I join a watch forum to get advice as it would cost an arm & a leg to get them repaired. Heck some will charge 20 for a battery replacement.
One guy who works for a major repairer PMs me from the forum and says bring them in and it may be a quick fix (free) If not then the movements will need replacing, he reckons the total cost for both movements will be under 25! And one of those watches cost 150.

The Following User Says Thank You to juco For This Useful Post:
JanetClarke (20th November 2017)
Old 19th November 2017, 22:53   #4 (permalink)
20 - 12 - 3

Thanked 19,380 Times in 8,357 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

My niece has true bliss, 16 hours a week work rent paid, council tax paid, gas and electric paid and 4 holidays a year. Thats bliss Janet !

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
JanetClarke (20th November 2017)
Old 8th December 2017, 22:47   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
So I join a watch forum to get advice as it would cost an arm & a leg to get them repaired. Heck some will charge 20 for a battery replacement.
One guy who works for a major repairer PMs me from the forum and says bring them in and it may be a quick fix (free) If not then the movements will need replacing, he reckons the total cost for both movements will be under 25! And one of those watches cost 150.
So I went in to the shop today as it turns out they do clock and silver work for the Queens stuff in Scotland and have a Royal Warrant, anyhow the movement is beyond reasonable repair so he will replace the movement for me at a total cost of 10. and he is going to throw in some old movements for me to practice on :-)

Had some interesting conversation, he was telling me that watches such as Michael Kor and many other `fashion` watches have quartz movements costing between 2-10. Not knocking the movements as many are very reliable but it shows what one is paying for `fashion`

I was put in my place though as I was ushered to my table and given coffee, the table up from me were being fed champagne and coffee....I must dress better next time.

Last edited by juco; 8th December 2017 at 23:52..
The Following User Says Thank You to juco For This Useful Post:
Akasya (9th December 2017)
Old 9th December 2017, 11:53   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 2,918 Times in 1,145 Posts
bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute

I kind of agree with the lady you mention .
In as far as news and politics for instance
The minute by minute news drama is like a football match now,.
Analysis ,arguments and counter arguments intense so called scrutiny in the " public interest"
I have found myself switching completely away from news programs which is strange as I used to really enjoy them .

QUOTE=JanetClarke;1134980]I know it's boring but I've been looking for some curtain tie backs that are a bit longer than standard.

Nothing around here so friend suggested I try the new John Lewis store on the outskirts of York.

John Lewis is kinda of new to me.
Never been in Yorkshire until this new store.

After looking around and not finding anything a truly lovely, helpful lady offered her assistance.
She honestly went everywhere and finally she took me online.

I was looking to pay max 20 and she agreed.

The John Lewis website was pretty much agreement on that price until it came up with a 320 price tag for an Osborne & Little tie back
Strewth, she said, Sorry!

I said, oh well that' s Geoerge Osbornes family.
Who's he she said.

Explained , nicely, he was the Cof Ex Under Cameron and was now the Editor of the Evening Standard.

Never heard of any of them or the ES.

Don't bother with all that stuff.

She really came across as a very happy lady in minor discussions about her family.

As always, in conflict with all the nonsense around us she lives in bliss and I worry.

Who's the fool. Must be me..[/QUOTE]

Last edited by bigalant; 9th December 2017 at 11:54.. Reason: Typo
bigalant is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigalant For This Useful Post:
JanetClarke (9th December 2017)
Old 9th December 2017, 13:38   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 2,710 Times in 1,684 Posts
evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute

Bliss ( Well that is the thread title)
Bliss for me is opening the throttle going through a empty Dartford Tnnl and hearing the sound from my Big Twin pipes .lol.
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evo80 For This Useful Post:
Old 9th December 2017, 13:52   #8 (permalink)
Alias ....The Scar

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 8,990 Times in 4,289 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

Bliss for me going on a nice clean toilet and opening the throttle and hearing my sports exhaust !

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ted j For This Useful Post:
evo80 (9th December 2017), JanetClarke (9th December 2017), SLEEPY (9th December 2017)
Old 9th December 2017, 14:40   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 2,710 Times in 1,684 Posts
evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted j View Post
Bliss for me going on a nice clean toilet and opening the throttle and hearing my sports exhaust !
The other Bliss is listening to BB Kings /the thrill has gone .
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evo80 For This Useful Post:
Old 9th December 2017, 16:26   #10 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 25,524 Times in 11,020 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

I have a set of V n N slashcuts on my VN1500 Vulcan , entering the Devils dyke tunnel and giving it a handful even makes surprises me and i have done it repeatedly......now to do it with the lads on a run , that would be bliss .

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:

Tags
bliss