FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > News & Views

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2018, 11:25   #11 (permalink)

Thanked 5,079 Times in 2,175 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Close Topic's or Temporary Bans

But yes, why would a war in Europe and the threat of a nuclear apocalypse be of interest or concern to anyone?

Especially following Pustulin's address to the nation yesterday.
Kanga is offline send PM
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (2nd March 2018)
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:33   #12 (permalink)

Sceptre is a jewel in the rough Sceptre is a jewel in the rough Sceptre is a jewel in the rough Sceptre is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycey View Post
But yes, why would a war in Europe and the threat of a nuclear apocalypse be of interest or concern to anyone?
JC.You are so easy to rein in.I knew you would respond right away about your threads, you are so predictable.I guess the sum of my post shot right over your head like a Russian missile on its way to Kiev.You yourself in the past have knocked all the threads I mentioned, but seem only ready to defend your own.
The clue is in the Title.Turkish Living Forum.Not Ukraine Living Forum,or Russian Living Forum or God forbid South African Living Forum.
As for your reply about a WW3, you do live in a fantasy land.Just because Russia threatened your small country, you think the end of the world is here.I've got news for you JC, Russia has bigger fish to fry.As for finding Ukraine, I typed it into Google Maps and fell asleep waiting for a reply.BTW, I know you hate hearing this, but you are wrong again, Russia is the biggest country in Europe, it resides in both Europe and Asia. It’s area in Europe alone is 3,836,652 km² (1,481,340 mi²) which makes it the largest country in Europe,once again Ukraine is beaten into 2nd place by the Russians.Oh dear.
Sceptre is offline send PM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sceptre For This Useful Post:
esb1841 (2nd March 2018), Sha Hoorsur (2nd March 2018)
Old 2nd March 2018, 13:06   #13 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 28,532 Times in 12,839 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered putting the matter on ignore , then you suffer no affront .

Have a look

Forum Last Post Moderator

The Local Market (Threads:1,076, Posts:6,762)
This is the place to sell or buy anything you like, personal ads, services offered etc.

Speed Boat
by Leo
23rd January 2018 17:29 Go to last post

Padded Room (Members only) (Threads:850, Posts:27,011)
Place to let off steam, scream and shout without hurting yourself Discussions in this room can get heated and the language can get colourful, if you have sensitive disposition please do not enter. This section is available to members only.

Quiz
by Akasya
Today 09:36 Go to last post

Cheapskates Corner (Members Only) (Threads:381, Posts:2,350) (1 Viewing)
Place to find all the bargains and offers around that you should know about, members only.

Half price petfood
by IbrahimAbi
21st February 2018 13:34 Go to last post

Wildlife forum (Threads:216, Posts:1,634)
the wildlife forum to discuss all things wild.

A New World Record!
by paddington bear
26th January 2018 13:57 Go to last post

Making Money forum (Threads:37, Posts:765)
Place to discuss how to make money.

Crypto Currencies
by alva5763
Yesterday 18:15 Go to last post

The Cafe (Threads:10,498, Posts:185,335) (1 Viewing)
Place to sit down and have a chat, discuss the weather, share a joke [], just enjoy yourself [)]
Jokes (1328/17800) Games Room (33/502)
The Back Room (2468/57960) Poet's Corner (95/579)
Golden Girls (240/5908) Book Corner (114/1102)
Film Corner (83/1189) Games, Puzzles & Quizzes (43/402)

March Jokes '18.
by Derek Payne
Today 10:40 Go to last post

Health Matters (Threads:770, Posts:20,170) (1 Viewing)
Forum to discuss various health related issues, like dealing with Cancer, helping others deal with it, a place to help each other with information related to General Health Matters.
Cancer (125/5445) Weight Issues (45/1833)
Diabetes (10/138) Alternative medicine (30/473)

SGK hospital charges for...
by Leo
27th February 2018 06:43 Go to last post

News & Views (Threads:8,538, Posts:200,325) (6 Viewing)
Forum to discuss News stories and articles outside of Turkey.

Close Topic's or Temporary...
by Sceptre
Today 11:33 Go to last post

Geeky Stuff (Threads:1,874, Posts:20,131) (1 Viewing)
A section to discuss all stuff geeky, technology, computers, cameras etc. etc.

IPTV Providers
by Jay jay
Yesterday 10:00 Go to last post

Football Forum (Threads:610, Posts:13,748)
Football Forum

GOAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by IbrahimAbi
22nd January 2018 07:32 Go to last post

Motor Sport (Threads:94, Posts:753)
Motor Sport Forum, all discussions about Motorsports go here.

Motobike Racing
by tonypilk
20th February 2018 19:15 Go to last post

Turkish Music (Threads:77, Posts:506) (1 Viewing)
Place to discuss your favourite Turkish Music, artists and songs

Bendir re-skinning
by angelaturkey
18th January 2018 11:44 Go to last post

Lost Friends (Threads:64, Posts:914)
A place to get help tracking down people you have lost contact with.

Louise Ransome
by Fifi2012
16th December 2017 14:48 Go to last post

Pebble Jackson Project (Threads:76, Posts:2,104) (1 Viewing)
Pebble Jackson Project sub-forum

Ways of keeping Pebbles Dream...
by oldfogy
25th September 2017 21:26 Go to last post

Sponsored Forum (Adverts) (Threads:97, Posts:960)
Forum for our members who have paid for a banner advert, they can post information about their business here.

Ecosense in Turkey
by Hilsjw
12th August 2016 14:24 Go to last post

Greetings and Special Events (Threads:1,142, Posts:16,691) (2 Viewing)
section for Birthdays, Bayrams, Easter, Pass-Over, Diwali, Xmas, New Year etc.

Happy Birthday Mojive
by Mojive
15th February 2018 06:51 Go to last post

The Kitchen
Forum Last Post Moderator

Indian Cooking (Threads:52, Posts:586)
As a lot of expats miss the great English dish, Indian Curry, lol here is a special section for people to exchange recipes and ideas about Indian dishes.

Base curry gravy/sauce
by newhorizon
12th November 2014 09:12 Go to last post

Turkish Cooking (Threads:213, Posts:1,859) (1 Viewing)
Turkish Recipes

Buttermilk
by tiggr9
9th October 2017 08:09 Go to last post

General Cooking (Threads:459, Posts:17,877)
place to discuss recipes and cooking techniques

what did you have tonight
by Akasya
Today 09:41 Go to last post

Vegetarian Cooking (Threads:30, Posts:203)
Place for all the tasty Vegetarian recipes.

Caribbean Curry
by Neil_Denizli
8th February 2016 10:05 Go to last post

I politely suggest you look at the forum front page of topics and thread types , i think you may find that the forum has sufficient largesse .

Steve

Last edited by Akasya; 2nd March 2018 at 13:10..
Akasya is offline send PM
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
Hilsjw (5th March 2018), JanetClarke (2nd March 2018), Jaycey (2nd March 2018)
Old 2nd March 2018, 13:30   #14 (permalink)

Thanked 2,389 Times in 1,514 Posts
35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
There are two different dimensions to this. The topic of a thread will not interest everyone. I actually agree with much of Sceptre's comments in #8 regarding the topics highlighted and very rarely access any of them, but am quite happy that they draw in so much interest. The second dimension that I am personally totally against personal attacks, there are too many very thinly disguised personal insults. We have regular members who report posts to the mods for insulting them, who in their next post go on to insult someone else. Let's cut out the personal attacks and enjoy the threads.
Well if there's a league table for who hasn't complained to the Mods then..........where's my trophy because I never have.

Some members just don't want to be challenged & by Christ if you do your some type of Russian supporter or even worse. I say worse because to call a member on here a Nazi shows pure ignorance over what Nazis represented.
Over the last 72 hours Juncker has been doing his tour of the Balkans, yet again offering these corrupt countries memberships to the EU. Of course its the same old, same old, "you must comply & eradicate corruption", so how did that pan out in Ukraine, how's that going with Turkey? In order to challenge the EUs expansion (of which we are still a member) you cant help but highlight the countries who the invites are being offered to. So what if some members on here happen to live in those countries? Are we supposed to keep quiet about the political situation in Turkey just because expats live there? I think not.

I'm not here to say it was right or wrong to close any thread because we all know that one way or another they will pop back up.

Last edited by 35pluschips; 2nd March 2018 at 13:40..
35pluschips is offline send PM
Old 2nd March 2018, 14:13   #15 (permalink)

35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute 35pluschips has a reputation beyond repute

12th February "watch the lira now".

Turkan posted on there, just read some of the posts that followed. One even questioned if English is his first language, I never knew that was one of the rules on here?
Some people lurk on here ready to jump on the unsuspecting innocent posters, they look for answers & end up getting the urine extracted from them.............AND people put the "thanks" at the bottom of p*ss taking posts.
Who knows "Turkan" may well be a Turk who could've given advice on here & saved people their life savings.............would any of us have bothered then about what his first language was?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 35pluschips For This Useful Post:
alva5763 (2nd March 2018), dazkad (2nd March 2018), esb1841 (2nd March 2018), IbrahimAbi (2nd March 2018), Leo (3rd March 2018)
Old 2nd March 2018, 14:40   #16 (permalink)

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,669 Posts
esb1841 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35pluschips View Post

Turkan posted on there, just read some of the posts that followed. One even questioned if English is his first language, I never knew that was one of the rules on here?
Some people lurk on here ready to jump on the unsuspecting innocent posters, they look for answers & end up getting the urine extracted from them.............AND people put the "thanks" at the bottom of p*ss taking posts.
Who knows "Turkan" may well be a Turk who could've given advice on here & saved people their life savings.............would any of us have bothered then about what his first language was?
The issue is some members on here think the forum rules don't applied to them as they are special
You only have to look at some personal blogs on here and rule 15
15- DO NOT post back to back posts in same thread. Use the edit button and add to your post. is broken many times
Yes not harm when someone does double back to back post but when its 10 or 12 back to back posts their having a laugh

The same members also play the Language card
Everyone knows who they are and they must be breaking rules
1- The #1 rule is to show respect for all members.

2- Negative remarks based on race, ethnicity, or religion will not be tolerated.

But these rules don't applied to them because they are special
esb1841 is offline send PM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to esb1841 For This Useful Post:
35pluschips (2nd March 2018), tintagel (3rd March 2018)
Old 2nd March 2018, 14:51   #17 (permalink)

Turkan may well struggle on English but I would stick money on it that he's more advanced with English than what many on here are with the Turkish lingo.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 35pluschips For This Useful Post:
alva5763 (2nd March 2018), enoch (2nd March 2018), esb1841 (2nd March 2018), IbrahimAbi (2nd March 2018), Kingfisher (2nd March 2018), Leo (3rd March 2018), Maisie (5th March 2018), ted j (2nd March 2018), Turkan (2nd March 2018)
Old 2nd March 2018, 15:41   #18 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 21,202 Times in 10,974 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptre View Post
JC.You are so easy to rein in.I knew you would respond right away about your threads, you are so predictable.

If I am at my PC then yes, I do usually reply asap – your point being?

I guess the sum of my post shot right over your head like a Russian missile on its way to Kiev.You yourself in the past have knocked all the threads I mentioned, but seem only ready to defend your own.

You yourself are doubting the value of all the threads by your #8.

Imo all threads make some contribution to the forum – I have little interest in some eg. pop music (and the Dinner thread gives me many ideas that I am unfortunately unable to emulate) etc but I certainly wouldn’t suggest that they be deleted as they bring pleasure to many.

The clue is in the Title.Turkish Living Forum.Not Ukraine Living Forum,or Russian Living Forum or God forbid South African Living Forum.

So why not delete Trump, US gun laws, Syria and everything Spanish?

As for your reply about a WW3, you do live in a fantasy land.Just because Russia threatened your small country you think the end of the world is here.

If you took the trouble to scan the appropriate threads and had an interest in anything outside your small world you might take a different view eg Putin warns the West with nuclear weapon showcase - Reuters TV

I've got news for you JC, Russia has bigger fish to fry.As for finding Ukraine, I typed it into Google Maps and fell asleep waiting for a reply.BTW

Seems you need to upgrade your PC

I know you hate hearing this, but you are wrong again, Russia is the biggest country in Europe, it resides in both Europe and Asia. It’s area in Europe alone is 3,836,652 km² (1,481,340 mi²) which makes it the COLOR="Red"]largest country in Europe[/COLOR],once again Ukraine is beaten into 2nd place by the Russians.

I sit corrected on this.
Earwigo again
Old 2nd March 2018, 16:00   #19 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 21,202 Times in 10,974 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35pluschips View Post
One even questioned if English is his first language, I never knew that was one of the rules on here?

Try Rule #10. Turkan since told us his first language isn’t English but at least he tries if somewhat interminably.

Some people put the "thanks" at the bottom of p*ss taking posts.

And others put “thanks” to those that only offer insult.

Who knows "Turkan" may well be a Turk…

Judging by his Turkish language offerings that seems unlikely.

who could've given advice on here & saved people their life savings…

Given current track record that also seems most unlikely
Imo many of these misunderstandings would be avoided if new (?) members introduced themselves properly and revealed a little personal information.
Old 2nd March 2018, 16:05   #20 (permalink)

Thanked 7,740 Times in 3,223 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

Forget what members think, if a moderator deems something offensive or not in keeping of the spirit of the forum then give a them a quick ban (of a few days) eventually the perpetrators will act more mannerly or just give up and move on.
juco is offline send PM
The Following User Says Thank You to juco For This Useful Post:
tintagel (3rd March 2018)
Closed Thread

Tags
bans , close , temporary , topic